Richard Foster - sportscene.

Richard is pretty fair towards us most of the time and definitely one of the better pundits.
I have no problem with him calling out Cantwell for basically cheating to exaggerate a challenge. I hate seeing if from anyone even if it is our own players.
Caught him in the side of the chest then neck yet held his face. It was pathetic from a Rangers player.
What they must do though is be consistent and call out other players as well because there are loads who do it week on week. We definitely have fewer cheats than the other teams but it is there and should be stopped.
Absolutely reeking

You keep pushing this neck theory like it was a blow aimed from the grassy knoll
he was caught on the jaw, part of his face so no issues with him holding that

& you have no idea how forceful it was

bottom line is that the player did enough for a 2nd yellow before this and that was 100% a yellow card offence

equating it to player being hit in the leg with a ball and collapsing holding his face is doing you no favours
It didn't look to have caught him with all that much force and certainly not enough to make him hit the deck and hold his face.
Look at the video again, the initial contact was on his chest or shoulder then the arm rode up to catch his neck and jaw area.
It was probably enough for a second yellow so no problem with that plus it was probably not helped by his previous challenges that tipped it.

Given that Slattery is looking at the ball on the ground ahead of him in the pic above and his other arms is where you expect it to be by his side...I'm going to a bit of a cynic and say that having his left arm above shoulder height behind him is only acceptable if he's trying to get out of his jacket after 15 pints when the zip's stuck. Second yellow. That it could have been worse is hardly the point. The fact that a turnip like Foster draws a publicly funded wage for his opinion says everything about BBC Scotland.

It didn't look to have caught him with all that much force and certainly not enough to make him hit the deck and hold his face.
Look at the video again, the initial contact was on his chest or shoulder then the arm rode up to catch his neck and jaw area.
It was probably enough for a second yellow so no problem with that plus it was probably not helped by his previous challenges that tipped it.
The jaw area. Priceless.

Where's your jaw mate?

Richard is pretty fair towards us most of the time and definitely one of the better pundits.
I have no problem with him calling out Cantwell for basically cheating to exaggerate a challenge. I hate seeing if from anyone even if it is our own players.
Caught him in the side of the chest then neck yet held his face. It was pathetic from a Rangers player.
What they must do though is be consistent and call out other players as well because there are loads who do it week on week. We definitely have fewer cheats than the other teams but it is there and should be stopped.
Caught him on the chest and neck did he aye?

Cheated is a strong word, not sure I'd go that far but it's fair to say Cantwell exaggerated the impact and got the player sent off. I'm okay with it because for too long we have not been clever enough. That said if was Jack on Kyogo for example I'd be fuming.
Slattery has 11 yellow cards for a reason and committed multiple fouls, he should have had more yellows for.
I don't get why he gets any sympathy he's stupid he's on a yellow and he goes into a challenge and swings his arm back connecting with Cantwell, what did he expect to happen next?

It's not as if Foster was a saintly example of sporting behaviour & integrity while a player
He was as guilty of dishing it out & making fake reactions to minimal contact as anyone else

I'm not saying this incident was minimal contact by the way - I'm just pointing out Foster's hypocrisy

Dicky Foster, Motherwell coach. Still makes me laugh.

Can’t even speak properly “em, em, Tyson Fury”

Dicky Foster, Motherwell coach. Still makes me laugh.

Can’t even speak properly “em, em, Tyson Fury”

BBC clearly can’t afford proper pundits hence guys like Foster doing it for a few hundred quid a show.

And if he’s coaching its an embarrassment.

So a Rangers player is elbowed in the face, goes down holding his face and you have an issue with that?
IHe wasn't elbowed in the face and I think he exaggerated the impact and severity of the foul. Unfortunately it is rife in football and I hate seeing our own players doing this as well.

Every player does it. Every single f**king player. The ref got it wrong, but the players always go down when their face is even grazed. It's annoying, but you can't pick and choose when you want to criticise a player for it and it always seems to be when a Rangers player does something everyone else does.

IHe wasn't elbowed in the face and I think he exaggerated the impact and severity of the foul. Unfortunately it is rife in football and I hate seeing our own players doing this as well.
Hitting the ground holding your face after a delay when you notice a ten pence piece has bounced off the chest area of your puffa jacket would be embarrassing. Cantwell emphasising the clear foul on him, not so much.

Challenges aren't the problem.Cantwell gets kicked left right and centre in games and he himself isn't scared to get stuck in.He gets on with it.
The problem here is that it was a dirty and cynical foul aimed at the players head. It deserved a card.Slattery knew full well what he was doing imo.
It's about time this was clamped down on.We watched Beaton more or less turn a blind eye to all sorts of cheating and fouling the week previously.

About time our players were a bit more streetwise tbh.

If Cantwell made a meal of it, so be it. We got the desired outcome. Hopefully a sign of things to come with regards to us having a win at all costs mentality.

Is there something wrong with you in the head? How can you say he was caught in the jaw area but not the jaw? Why can't you say the jaw is part of the face?

It's right there in the video. Even the still image shows, as clear as a bell, the elbow to the jaw. Is there something wrong with your eyes? Does your face even have eyes since it doesn't have a jaw apparently?

I think that if I got elbowed in the jaw, which is part of my face, in the fraction of a second that it happened, my natural reaction would be to put my hands to my face.

First of all let's get the important stuff out the way. Grade A bellend and how the %^*& does Amy McDonald wake up alongside that hipster prick.

Embarrassing by him. We must be the only club where it's acceptable to elbow players in the face.

As a paid employee of Motherwell,. Wtf is he doing giving punditry on other clubs
Stating he’s an embarrassment has got me 103 likes , so that’s nice.

Not as embarrassing as some of his performances terrible player
I have long regarded him as one of the worst players to ever have the honour of our strip on his back.
He was fairly quick but hardly ever seemed to be able to pass to a colleague. His wife would probably made us a better team.

This is what's wrong with Scottish football instead of calling the elbow to the jaw out he says Cantwell cheated. The guy that committed the offence was on 11 yellow cards. The tackle on Lunstram was very poor could have been a red.

Had a quick glance on a Motherwell forum this morning and they pretty much agree Slattery should have been sent off.
They also thought their first goal was offside and our third was onside.

The ref gave a 2nd yellow and in real time at the match and since watching it back it looked a clear nailed on 2nd yellow

Seeing the replays slowed down a bit it’s not as bad as it first looks in real time and Cantwell does make more of it than it was but I don’t think it’s a disgraceful decision or disgraceful from Cantwell, he’s done what 99% of footballers these days do in that situation

How many times has Kyogo done worse than this and never a word said about it. He literally pulled a players hand to his face before and threw himself to the ground but nothing was said

BBC doing what they always do. You look under the videos on the website and the caption of this incident is Fosters naff Tyson Fury comparison, yet for the Hibs sending off its ‘was it the right decision’?

I’m mystified how Cantwell is becoming the villain here for taking an elbow?!

They target anyone they think is a threat. Beale got it and now its Cantwell's turn. Morelos got it as did Gazza and years ago it was Colin Stein and Willie Johnston.

The ref gave a 2nd yellow and in real time at the match and since watching it back it looked a clear nailed on 2nd yellow

Seeing the replays slowed down a bit it’s not as bad as it first looks in real time and Cantwell does make more of it than it was but I don’t think it’s a disgraceful decision or disgraceful from Cantwell, he’s done what 99% of footballers these days do in that situation

How many times has Kyogo done worse than this and never a word said about it. He literally pulled a players hand to his face before and threw himself to the ground but nothing was said

What about Joe Hart being 'knocked out' after he brushed past a Motherwell player? Remember the 'outcry' over that?

I've no idea how the guy gets so much airtime, or the role at Motherwell, he is a gormless prick of a guy.

However, there is absolutely no limit to what is acceptable against Rangers players. The SFA don't have a problem with it, the media ignore it and the Celtic support encourage it. The absolutely worst part is our board, the club overall, do nothing to protect our players at all. It's disgraceful.

friday-movie-ice-cube.gif

He was an absolute disgrace. Three ex Rangers players on the show and not one of them offering any balance. Foster is also currently employed by Motherwell so you can forget about any neutrality.

I always thought we must've been drunk when we signed him terrible player. rubbish in the studio and definitely punching above his weight with the woman in his life,little specky.

Both held their face but Rivaldo's one was miles worse though I admit that :)

He was hit slightly in the neck/jaw but no need to grab his face and drop to the ground, at least in my view but I was more meaning that FIFA had a chance to clamp down on players exaggerating but crapped it. Probably don't want to upset the South American teams whose players seem to take this to a new level.
It is extremely difficult to be objective with the team you support, and I am definitely guilty of it when it comes to decisions, who is the better team et cetera. But I agree and you are spot on for me, no matter if it is a minority opinion.

Just because all the other teams do it doesn't make it less embarrassing. Cantwell should cut that s*it out as should all the other footballers doing it.

Serious question mate.

Are you stupid or thick or a yahoo or somewhere in between.

The fella is an anti Rangers Nationalist wanker.
Our game v St Johnstone at Ibrox on Radio Scotland is one of the worst hate filled anti Rangers shite I've ever listened too from that wee Nationalist wank.

Doesn't matter who they have on they have to say something negative about Rangers . It's probably in their contract or no pay.

Serious question mate.

Are you stupid or thick or a yahoo or somewhere in between.

The fella is an anti Rangers Nationalist wanker.
Our game v St Johnstone at Ibrox on Radio Scotland is one of the worst hate filled anti Rangers shite I've ever listened too from that wee Nationalist wank.
A serious question then you add your second line.

I'll answer anyway.
I know he is a Nationalist and that doesn't bother me. Some of my best mates are as well and on occasion when out for some beers it can get a bit heated so we try to avoid politics. Gave one it tight this weekend at the pub though and he had to agree after the week they have had :)
I never listened to the game you mention so can't comment on that but over the piece I find Foster pretty fair towards us.
He probably went a bit over the top with his choice of words in the Cantwell critisizm but I agree with the point he was making in that I thought he over reacted a bit.

That you Amy?

Back