Richard Gordon asks the question on Radio Scotland

That'll be their new strategy - hype us up beyond all belief and wait for our team to believe what is being written and said before getting complacent.

SG's job is to keep them grounded and focussed, keep doing exactly what they're doing right now and see it through as far as possible, dealing with the inevitable injuries/suspensions/covid isolations that will come.

Tbf it is a bit early to get carried away. We can enjoy this week but the hard work begins again looking to sunday. We cant underestimate those cvnts.

We can enjoy this week as you say, but I watched their game and in the second half Celtic did look dangerous when they ditched the 352.

They'll still win 90% of their games in the SPL.

A couple of loses or points dropped against Aberdeen and lose that semi and I would say yes, their wee scummy world is cracking beneath them.

This week has been great. 2 great away wins amd 2 clean sheets.
But that part of the job is done. Its in the past.
Enjoy tonight, reflect on it tomorrow and then move on.
Sunday is a huge 3 points. We dont take them then last Saturday counts for nothing.
Stay focused. Stay grounded. Stay committed.

Since we last beat them they have won 31 of 33 domestic games. And drawn 2

That is the task ahead of our team. While we might strike the occasional blow and laugh at their efforts abroad there is literally no margin for error or complacency.

Our squad looks strong, our attitude good, number of goals conceded negligible..,,we CAN win this but they are still the team to best.

We must push on, especially now

Too many folk who’ve learned nothing from the last two seasons, two seasons where we shot our load early and it came back to bite us hard.
I have thought that since last weekend but have been scared to post! I do think we have a better team than last season and more depth in our squad. I think we are now a better team than they are, not just better over a 90 minute spell. However we have to match their relentless winning in the SPL. They so rarely drop points other than to us.
As an edit see post 20 above.

We need to stay calm and get ready for the next game on Sunday, nothing less than three points will do, onward and upward.

We are 1 point ahead if they win their game in hand. We are looking good but we need to keep this up over a whole season. Something we have been unable to do yet.

Since we last beat them they have won 31 of 33 domestic games. And drawn 2

That is the task ahead of our team. While we might strike the occasional blow and laugh at their efforts abroad there is literally no margin for error or complacency.

Our squad looks strong, our attitude good, number of goals conceded negligible..,,we CAN win this but they are still the team to best.

We must push on, especially now
Starting with 3 points on Sunday

In time honoured tradition the media decide which is the weaker of the old-firm and create drama around it. They were supposed to be in turmoil last season and then hit form just as we fell away, they've had a bad week but it's just that, a week. It will be interesting to see how other SPFL sides approach them 2nd time around, by all accounts the filth haven't been convincing which is only going to add belief to other sides that they might get some joy, especially at home.

Celtic have won the last 7 or 8 or whatever, domestic trophies on the trot.

Plate or not, it is painful dominance.

Grim.

And the only thing that stopped them getting 9IAR and a bloody quadruple treble was a virus. I can only hope the heartache of that has decimated their confidence and motivation, and we can stop what would’ve been 10 this season.

Tbf it is a bit early to get carried away. We can enjoy this week but the hard work begins again looking to sunday. We cant underestimate those cvnts.

this x1000.

every time we get a result against them we get filled with hope that we’ll win the league. Every time I urge people not to get carried away. Every time I’m called a miserable bawbag with no belief.

i hope this time I’m finally wrong and will have people bumping this post in May telling me I’m a wanker. I really do hope so.

Is the roof and walls of this Celtic Dynasty finally come crashing down... Is their dominance coming to an end?
Cue the reply from a stuttering Pat Bonner... "oh cmon Richard it is very early in the season"
I hear very little of Radio Shortbread or Radio Cattolica but when I do listen I have always found Bonner to be very fair. He is willing to criticise them and not afraid to praise us.
And it IS early in the season. I make last Saturday at least the fourth time we have played them off the park in the last three years.

It's a bit early. They drop points at the weekend then I think they'll spiral. I'm fairly convinced Aberdeen will do their usual though.

I'm not getting carried away by it. Normally Aberdeen don't put up much resistance against that shower. They've got a tough run of games, a few high pressure ones now and they may struggle but I'm not expecting anything less than a run of domestic wins. We need to do the same.

To be fair he was bigging up our performances of late when the game ended. Almost like the bbc are desperate to weasel back in as they think we may have a decent chance of the title this year.
Bit like that Tom Oirish prick, only he saw it coming much earlier.

BBC Scotland can go piss in the wind.

Is the roof and walls of this Celtic Dynasty finally come crashing down... Is their dominance coming to an end?
Cue the reply from a stuttering Pat Bonner... "oh cmon Richard it is very early in the season"
And the background music should be - “Hey you with the sad face”.

We now have a team that is more than capable of winning g the league .but until we actually do win the league we need to keep our feet firmly planted on the ground,.

Dynasty ? Dominance? What a load of wank. Handed on a plate ffs
100s of millions of pounds spent to secure titles in a one horse race.
Two out of three managers are unwanted by any top teams in any league.
Literally one or two good scores in Europe and the rest is almost a decade of humiliation.
The main reason the influence has to continue is to allow the cover up to be maintained.
As soon as we get 55 and the whole sordid story is told by rats deserting the ship, the rats in the stands won't be far behind.
Early in the season but 55 will be here one day.

Their 2nd half switch in formation actually seen them put a bit of pressure on Milan. They are still good enough to beat every other team in our league comfortably. I’m extremely confident we will win the head to heads with them, It’s imperative that we do not slip up against the other teams.

Their fans will be clinging onto that 20 min spell they had last night.

We quite simply need to keep winning and that will make them uncomfortable. The past few seasons they knew we'd drop points in so called lesser games and we did

I think it is unarguable that the current Rangers team is superior both from a quality standpoint and from the standpoint of depth than last years team. This was manifest clearly in the Liege game with the substitutes Gerrard was able to make that boosted the team at critical junctures, this could not have happened last year.

I'm confident, too, that we can avoid a collapse such as we witnessed in the 2nd half of last season. Any player who is off colour, or is not performing up to par, can now be replaced by another without a loss in the overall quality of the team.

I have thought that since last weekend but have been scared to post! I do think we have a better team than last season and more depth in our squad. I think we are now a better team than they are, not just better over a 90 minute spell. However we have to match their relentless winning in the SPL. They so rarely drop points other than to us.
As an edit see post 20 above.
Spot on, we ourselves are only one defeat away from a crisis, that is what being part of the OF brings, and never more so this season.

Yeah it's been fun poking fun at the Scum since Saturday, especially after all the crap they c*nts have thrown our way these past 8 years.

We all hope this Scum side are on the slide but until we open up a sizeable gap I'll continue to be wary of any talk of their demise. It cannot be denied that they are serial winners and know how to get over the line domestically, something we have yet to show we can do.

There is no denying we are in a good place, definitely on the ascendancy but as said earlier,one defeat domestically will have this place in meltdown if Scum are still breathing down our necks.

I honestly think if we could put another 6 points between us and them their bottle will crash spectacularly

This all conquering Celtic side have had no real opposition in Scotland since we were demoted, Rangers are now only back to the point where we are saying this looks like a proper Rangers side.

If we win the league this year I think Dave King’s prediction about house of cards comes true.

Back