Richard Gordon asks the question on Radio Scotland

There is more of a determined, calm resolve about Rangers this season. But the next 2 league games against Parked Bus FC and Plastic Abomination FC will be a good indicator as to our chances this season. Until then, I am happy to enjoy Sweet Thursday.

Is the roof and walls of this Celtic Dynasty finally come crashing down... Is their dominance coming to an end?
Cue the reply from a stuttering Pat Bonner... "oh cmon Richard it is very early in the season"
Is the advantage they gained with their backroom dealings in 2012 finally being overturned is the question.

Is the roof and walls of this Celtic Dynasty finally come crashing down... Is their dominance coming to an end?
Cue the reply from a stuttering Pat Bonner... "oh cmon Richard it is very early in the season"

Thank god for that. Need them to keep believing their own hype.

Too many folk who’ve learned nothing from the last two seasons, two seasons where we shot our load early and it came back to bite us hard.
I agree.
Nothing is won in October (these days) and there's a whole lot of football to be played (hopefully) before the prizes are handed out.

If the last two seasons have shown us anything it's the danger of burn-out. We have to manage the squad, particularly Davis and Arfield,very carefully.

However, we have added a bit of depth and quality to the squad over the summer and it certainly feels like we're better placed than we have been in previous season's to cope with these demands

Their 2nd half switch in formation actually seen them put a bit of pressure on Milan. They are still good enough to beat every other team in our league comfortably. I’m extremely confident we will win the head to heads with them, It’s imperative that we do not slip up against the other teams.

Their fans will be clinging onto that 20 min spell they had last night.
Milan were in cruise control, they were coasting, in energy saving mode. They got sloppy and lost a goal.
It'll keep the 19th Century Terrorist hordes from all out mutiny for a wee bit longer, that's all.
No doubt the parish press will spin it as a masterly tactical switch by their very own poster boy. It was no such thing.

Tbf it is a bit early to get carried away. We can enjoy this week but the hard work begins again looking to sunday. We cant underestimate those cvnts.
Totally agree. We need to keep our feet on the ground and treat every game as a must win. Other teams in this league have shown themselves more capable of taking points from us than them sadly.

Let’s get this done and then celebrate.

They have been here a few times and come back. Lennon was 3 nil down at Killie in October, came back and we dropped points the same day at home to St Mirren.

Our front 3 are my worry. Not nearly enough goals so far, regardless of the combination.

They have been here a few times and come back. Lennon was 3 nil down at Killie in October, came back and we dropped points the same day at home to St Mirren.

Our front 3 are my worry. Not nearly enough goals so far, regardless of the combination.
Roofe, Itten and Aribo, when fully up to speed will solve that. Morelos is our only concern at the moment - how you can lose your confidence in such a good run of team form is mystifying to me.

I won't be comfortable until we are at least 10 points ahead of them with the same number of games played!!
I don't think there's any doubt that we've bought well during the window and the squad is much stronger than last season.
We can now rest players and there's no drop in quality, we didn't have that last season.
They are going through a bad spell but unfortunately still winning domestic games. I don't think any of their recent signings are strengthening the side and the keeper is a downgrade from Forster.
The next few league games will tell us a lot, if we win ours we keep the pressure on them and they've got the tougher away games to come.

That type of talk is mental as anything I've heard on here
Sorry, I failed to insert the quote for Rob McLean on Radio Scotland etc. greetin and moaning about their team getting gubbed.
You are correct that in the context of my post, my talk is mental.
I apologise again and hope every Bear has a great day.

I’ll bite the bullet, wash out my mouth etc - but c’mon Aberdeen this coming weekend. Wipe out the tinks.

This week has been tremendous, to put it mildly.

But I won't be writing the scum off just yet. Yes they've started poorly but they are only 4 behind, have a game in hand and are capable of putting together a team that can regularly beat the rest of the league.
Spot on and in fairness they can play a helluva lot better and I for one won't be counting chickens yet. As long as we play the wày we're playing,saying that we can play a lot better as well. Hopefully we can keep everyone fit and raring to go.

To be fair (not always easy or desirable) - but they haven't suffered much so far this season
Let's hope it's the beginning of a lot more torture to come for them of course

But right now they're the current trophy holders & until we bring back trophies to our own cabinet where they belong - I won't be saying too much

Last edited:
Spot on and in fairness they can play a helluva lot better and I for one won't be counting chickens yet. As long as we play the wày we're playing,saying that we can play a lot better as well. Hopefully we can keep everyone fit and raring to go.

As long as we keep performing we'll not be far away. If they fall away great, but we can't rely on it.

That's the weekend coverage Fcuked then seeing as Timmy have been systematically done over twice inside a week .

Inquests aplenty beckon

We still have 27 cup finals IMO to play starting on Sunday. I'm sure the Gaffer will remind the players that this mob took points off us a couple of months ago.

I think we all enjoyed the professional attitude after last Saturday's result. Didn't go over the top .Thought the the manager although delighted last night was pretty reserved in his post match presser.
Imo it is obvious that he has learned and would rather do our talking on the pitch.
This is the proper dignified approach from a Rangers manager and team.
Long may it continue.

I didn't even wind up the only Celtic fan I see regularly on Saturday, I just gave him a thumbs up.

Until Tavernier is holding that trophy above his head, I'm taking nothing for granted.

As far as l am concerned, it‘s about game by game or battle after battle.
Not interested in what is happening on the other side, it’s more about us.
Still a lot to play for especially after the New Year which has been our downfall but as the gaffer says “we are in a good place” keep it coming.

To be fair he was bigging up our performances of late when the game ended. Almost like the bbc are desperate to weasel back in as they think we may have a decent chance of the title this year.

they chose to ban themselves from interviews and going to Ibrox so fcuk them , full of Ailsa Craigs

Sorry, I failed to insert the quote for Rob McLean on Radio Scotland etc. greetin and moaning about their team getting gubbed.
You are correct that in the context of my post, my talk is mental.
I apologise again and hope every Bear has a great day.
Eh.... apologies, but, The band Mental as Anything used that line ‘ hey (there) you with the sad face ‘ in their song Live it Up

The media narrative is changing in our favor at the moment. But I don't care I would rather get my news and views from fellow bears on Follow Follow and Heart and Hand.

Let’s be honest, the only reason they’ve won 9 was because of how they managed to stitch us up.

Easy to win when the only competition has been expelled and crippled, on and off the park.

Far far too early for that type of talk IMO.

One game at a time.
Correct mate. But wait until you read the zoomers on here once things dont go as planned. Annoyed a few posters slating Morelos last night, he done ok
last night, just lacking a bit confidence wise
A goal is all he needs and that'll do him good. He will be back firing on all cylinders. Of that there is no doubt.

We can enjoy this week as you say, but I watched their game and in the second half Celtic did look dangerous when they ditched the 352.

They'll still win 90% of their games in the SPL.
Dangerous FFS? AC came out with slippers on at HT and strolled about allowing them to run about mad.
the Mhanks score from a corner and suddenly Lennon is a tactical genius with his substitutions.
he left that donkey Duffy on and watched as he got ripped apart for the 3rd goal.
Dangerous?

Tissue boxes strewn all over the studio! The poor wee scones are inconsolable!

Back