Richard Gordon Leaves Saturday Sportsound

LetsGo

Sports broadcaster Kenny Macintyre is the new presenter of BBC Radio Scotland's Saturday Sportsound.

He will begin the role on 30 July when the Scottish Premiership returns.
He follows Richard Gordon who stepped aside as host of the Saturday edition after 30 years at the helm.

An experienced and well-known voice, Kenny is a regular sports presenter on BBC Radio Scotland, leading previous editions of Sportsound as well as providing interviews and reports.

"I'm delighted Kenny is stepping into Richard's shoes as presenter of Saturday Sportsound," said Gareth Hydes, commissioning editor for BBC Radio Scotland.

"The programme is so important to our audience and Kenny brings huge passion and a wealth of experience to the role.

Commenting on his appointment, Kenny said: "It's an honour and a privilege to be the presenter of Sportsound - a programme I have a long-standing connection with.

"Anyone who knows me knows how passionate and committed I am to providing excellent sports journalism that connects with Radio Scotland's audiences. I look forward to developing exciting plans for the future alongside an excellent team of colleagues and commentators."

Bye, Dick.

No matter the replacement, he won’t be long in following the BBC anti Rangers mantra. However, they’re safe in the knowledge that Kenny McIntyre has had plenty to say about certain incidents involving Rangers when pitch side and asked his opinion.

Best news i’ve had in months. Richard Gordon came south from Aberdeen with his Rangers hatred 30ish years ago and has infested Radio Scotland with his bile ever since. The radio waves of Scotland will be fresher, purer and more honest when he goes. Break out the champagne Bears.

Honestly don’t care. Never listen to Radio Scotland at all. For anything. Their football coverage is shite.

If Rangers and the BBC made up I wouldn’t go back to listening. There are better outlets to get your Rangers news.

Sports broadcaster Kenny Macintyre is the new presenter of BBC Radio Scotland's Saturday Sportsound.

He will begin the role on 30 July when the Scottish Premiership returns.
He follows Richard Gordon who stepped aside as host of the Saturday edition after 30 years at the helm.

An experienced and well-known voice, Kenny is a regular sports presenter on BBC Radio Scotland, leading previous editions of Sportsound as well as providing interviews and reports.

"I'm delighted Kenny is stepping into Richard's shoes as presenter of Saturday Sportsound," said Gareth Hydes, commissioning editor for BBC Radio Scotland.

"The programme is so important to our audience and Kenny brings huge passion and a wealth of experience to the role.

Commenting on his appointment, Kenny said: "It's an honour and a privilege to be the presenter of Sportsound - a programme I have a long-standing connection with.

"Anyone who knows me knows how passionate and committed I am to providing excellent sports journalism that connects with Radio Scotland's audiences. I look forward to developing exciting plans for the future alongside an excellent team of colleagues and commentators."

Bye, Dick.

‘Richard Gordon Leaves Saturday Sportsound’​

In a box?

This was an attempt at dark humour before I have Jackie Bird on the doorstep with a new crew.

I don't want Kenny McIntyre to be a bear. All I want is for every media person in the country to be balanced and utterly impartial. Is that too much to ask?

Hopefully one of the main Rangers haters going in DG but many more left including those 2 off the ball idiots. I still look back at the Scottish BBC media from the 70-90’s and had total respect to all the points of view expressed, but not now. Just toxic and self serving bile served up. This years Scottish Cup final by the BBC was an utter farce.

Back