Richard Keys Sky should be supporting Andy Walker over his Ibrox and Parkhead bans

uneasydaz

RICHARD KEYS insists Sky Sports should back Andy Walker in his row with Rangers and Celtic.

We exclusively told you how both the Light Blues and the Hoops had banned the pundit from their stadiums.

SunSport understands he has been told to stay away by the Ibrox club after criticising their finances live on air last month.

While his former club Celtic are believed to be furious over his outspoken criticism of their controversial trip to Dubai in January.

We also told you how Walker has turned to lawyers for legal advice over the situation.

Now, former Sky Sports presenter Keys, who currently works for BeIN Sports, has defended his old colleague.

And he insists the broadcaster should hand their backing to Walker over the row with Rangers and Celtic.

Keys told the Daily Record: "Of course Sky should offer him their full support very publicly and very strongly.

"They’ve benefited from what it was he said and encouraged him to give an opinion.

Andy is a very good broadcaster as well as a good lad, the latter of which doesn’t qualify him for employer support but that’s exactly what he should have at a time like this.

"During my time at Sky we had complaints from clubs or managers about certain things we had said that they were not happy about.

"And when that happened we made the point to them that never once had there been an example of a broadcaster being able to pick the team of a football club and therefore no football club should ever look to try to affect the choice a team a broadcaster might sent to cover a football match.

"Perhaps Andy Walker would have been better calling for a riot because it strikes me he would have received a great deal more support than he has - we’ve seen examples of that elsewhere this weekend!"

hRVgXlM.jpg

If he’s spoken enough shite to be banned from both it says it all about what he talks about. I’m saying that I’m sure he blasted them for Dubai which was warranted. You can’t go in sky sports and start spouting unfounded shite about finances which is the big difference between us and the scum banning him.

Sounds like daily record were fishing this from him. Of course he is going to support the people on the television side of it, this is just the Daily Records way of saying they don’t agree with the ban publically. If you don’t like don’t click

Andy Walker has got himself very comfortable in his co commentating role and thinks a lot of himself.He has overstepped the mark with his remark in regards to us this time.
Richard Keys will always take the side of anyone over his old employers!.

His Dubai rant, and subsequent action, was months ago and Keys has waited until now to offer his opinion.

F*ck the pair of them
To be fair the rhecord waited until now to ask his opinion. And I doubt they even told him the reason Walker was banned.

RICHARD KEYS insists Sky Sports should back Andy Walker in his row with Rangers and Celtic.

We exclusively told you how both the Light Blues and the Hoops had banned the pundit from their stadiums.

SunSport understands he has been told to stay away by the Ibrox club after criticising their finances live on air last month.

While his former club Celtic are believed to be furious over his outspoken criticism of their controversial trip to Dubai in January.

We also told you how Walker has turned to lawyers for legal advice over the situation.

Now, former Sky Sports presenter Keys, who currently works for BeIN Sports, has defended his old colleague.

And he insists the broadcaster should hand their backing to Walker over the row with Rangers and Celtic.

Keys told the Daily Record: "Of course Sky should offer him their full support very publicly and very strongly.

"They’ve benefited from what it was he said and encouraged him to give an opinion.

Andy is a very good broadcaster as well as a good lad, the latter of which doesn’t qualify him for employer support but that’s exactly what he should have at a time like this.

"During my time at Sky we had complaints from clubs or managers about certain things we had said that they were not happy about.

"And when that happened we made the point to them that never once had there been an example of a broadcaster being able to pick the team of a football club and therefore no football club should ever look to try to affect the choice a team a broadcaster might sent to cover a football match.

"Perhaps Andy Walker would have been better calling for a riot because it strikes me he would have received a great deal more support than he has - we’ve seen examples of that elsewhere this weekend!"
There is a difference between having an opinion and slander you fucking imbecile.

Go and spend some more time with your daughter's mate as your wife battling illness - complete irrelevance of a man and has to get a bitter dig re: Neville too

There is a big difference between expressing an opinion someone doesn’t like and making demonstrably false statements.

I wouldn‘t be in favour of the Club banning pundits who say things we don’t like, or even that are clearly fan of other clubs. Any more than I would want another club banning Neil McCann or Kevin Thomson, for example.

But when people like McLaughlin and Walker repeatedly make unsubstantiated, and easily disproved, claims then they’re not being professional and don‘t deserve the privileges of that profession.

Last edited:
I think Keys is coming at this from that perspective as it allows him to be critical of his old employers.

He's right about this line:

"They’ve benefited from what it was he said and encouraged him to give an opinion"

Sky, BBC, Bt Sports, the rest of them, have "pundits" that have nothing to offer in terms of analysis and are there to wind someone up. Thank goodness for RTV.

Aside from that, lying Twats should absolutely be banned, well done Rangers getting rid of this Wanlker.

I agree with the last para.
keane said it was ok to throw the flare throw the can, souness called him on it.

Andy Walker has got himself very comfortable in his co commentating role and thinks a lot of himself.He has overstepped the mark with his remark in regards to us this time.
Richard Keys will always take the side of anyone over his old employers!.
And that's why the Record chased him for an opinion

In our case he actually just made stuff up, I’m pretty sure ofcom would have something to say about allegations he can’t back up. As for sellik, they went in an R n R trip to Dubai so he’s got them bang to rights.

Keys is normally ok and has been very complimentary towards Rangers over the years.

But his Walker stance here is shit.
Keys has only been complimentary towards Rangers because of his friendship with Andy Gray. First and foremost he's a journalist always looking for contentious story and this situation is right up his street. Keys only cares about Keys

Since when was Walker an expert on financial affairs, he's a Co- commentator on football and Rangers were completely correct to call him out he had no right to cast his aspersions on our club,he owes Rangers an unreserved apology, and Key's a complete irrelevance if Walker doesn't apologise the ban stands forever, WATP

Broadcasters/journalists/pundits, whatever you call them should know that they can’t just turn around a say a business/company is in a precarious financial position, or even that they’re loaded or anything else that may affect the performance of said entity.

Being a dick or not, people will hear and believe it, because it’s on Sky! So if anything Sky should be hammering Walker for saying it too. It’s unfounded and puts the rep of Sky in a bad light if people know that their employees will come out with any old nonsense.

I normally like Keys, but he’s at it here.

Back