Rick and Morty

JackBurton

Off the back of the Simpsoms / Family Guy thread, both of which have now ran their course, Rick and Morty is the new favourite.

Any fans of this?

Series 1, 2 and half of 3 are on Netflix. Any summary won't do it justice but think Back to the Future if Doc was a raging alcoholic

The hype around it is surreal.

Nowhere near the same level of Simpsons and Family guy at their peak.

It's a decent watch but nothing more than above average.

Love it but that's because I love Sci Fi.

It's tied with my favourite cartoon. Tied with Futurama.

Brilliant. The writing and wittiness of it is amazing.
Surprised at the season 3 comments - it's been great so far.

Fucking love this show but aye the culture around it is so cringeworthy. Saw a thing today saying "Oh this is a smart show for smart people" %^*& off you sanctimonious wank.

For me it's an alright show. Some truly great episodes but for the most part I find most of the episodes are average-to-good. I don't enjoy it as much as Harmon's other works like Community.

As my username suggests, I'm a big fan.

But yeah, like most things, while I like it a lot, there's a huge section of its fans that I detest. The 'we like it because we're intellectually superior' mob

Love Rick and Morty, wish there was more than 2 full seasons to watch hate having to wait weekly .

Love it

"we're going on adventures Morty. Sometimes with your sister and sometimes your Mom. But nev er your Dad Morty....he crossed me"

"9 more seasons, that's my arc. I want more of that Mulan Schezuan sauce Morty"

That speech cracks me up - S3e01

Just watched the pickle rick episode. Fantastic.

I've loved season 3 so far. Even the mad max episode was great fun.

Its good but this season seems like they've tried a bit too hard and believed their own hype too much. The pickle Rick episode in particular was more than a bit shite.

The best episode was the Cronenberg one. That ending was brilliant. It's never really hit that height again.

I think it's a really good watch.

Let's see if it has South Park longevity though. Not enough characters for it to go more than a few series IMO

Back