Ricky Foster saying Balogun went to ground too easy for the penalty

His peak was getting a nosebleed in front of an open goal against Valencia, going down too easily before ending up in his useless nat voting arse.

I honestly can't stand the tinfoil hat shite on here where every pundit, journalist and commentator is "nearly sick" or "sounding like his cat has just died" every time we score/win. Do people really believe Crocker, Rob MacLean, etc etc etc are all anti Rangers and part of some Tim-led media conspiracy against us? Absolute paranoid fückwittery of the highest order. I grew up in the 80s/90s where the paranoid shite was always the domain of the tims and they were widely laughed at for it.

From the highlights;

“There’s Roofe, he’s gone down, and he’s appealing to Nick Walsh for a penalty here, and he’s got a point...that should have been a spot kick, Ojo has completely wiped him out without touching the ball”

From the analysis;

“They don’t look like conceding a goal, never mind dropping points”

Talked about Kent’s quality, the way he rotated through the front line and how Aberdeen made a mistake in not pressing him closer. His game intelligence through that as well, picking up space when we’re streaming forward at pace.

“A level of play that no other team in the league could get up to”

“Rangers were very dominant, Aberdeen were limited to two or three breakaway chances, they were worthy winners”

“Throughout the game Rangers were on top, pulling Aberdeen all over the place, yes they scored two deflections and a penalty kick but they were still lots of very dangerous moments from Rangers”

Honestly can’t see what they could have said that would have been more complimentary or praising the performance.

It's crazy the abuse Foster takes on here. He has been very positive about Rangers every time he has been on Sportscene. Here is what he actually said, and the context in which he said it.

ST: "Was this a penalty for you?"
RF: "Yeh I think it is. He drags him back."
ST: "It's in the soft category"
RF: "It is, but I think big andy..he gets the wrong side of him. So he just kind of puts his arms on him. He does go down easily but..
MS: "Soft or hard it's still a pen"
RF: "Yeh it's still a pen."
Just watched it again and exactly this.

Whether he goes down or not, it's a penalty - the big Sheepy bastard had hands on him holding him which is a foul.

Scotland: where rules differ depending on the colour of your shirt

From the highlights;

“There’s Roofe, he’s gone down, and he’s appealing to Nick Walsh for a penalty here, and he’s got a point...that should have been a spot kick, Ojo has completely wiped him out without touching the ball”

From the analysis;

“They don’t look like conceding a goal, never mind dropping points”

Talked about Kent’s quality, the way he rotated through the front line and how Aberdeen made a mistake in not pressing him closer. His game intelligence through that as well, picking up space when we’re streaming forward at pace.

“A level of play that no other team in the league could get up to”

“Rangers were very dominant, Aberdeen were limited to two or three breakaway chances, they were worthy winners”

“Throughout the game Rangers were on top, pulling Aberdeen all over the place, yes they scored two deflections and a penalty kick but they were still lots of very dangerous moments from Rangers”

Honestly can’t see what they could have said that would have been more complimentary or praising the performance.
Aberdeen can talk about injuries, deflections or penalties, but the fact is none of it made a difference, Ramgers were so good, they were always going to win this game mo matter what.

I think your missing the point. That's Foster basically labelled Balogun a diver now, which means next time the ref will think twice before giving it, regardless of the
No he didn't.

And for any referees to be influenced in the way that you suggest you would have to assume that they will have seen the show. They would, therefore, have seen the incident for themselves, will know that it was a penalty and will have seen the panel unanimously agree that the referees decision was correct.

But if you want to find fault in a very complimentary report on our game, on the teams performance and, indeed, on our prospects for the remainder of the season then nothing I, or anyone else, says will convince you otherwise.

Last edited:
I think your missing the point. That's Foster basically labelled Balogun a diver now, which means next time the ref will think twice before giving it, regardless of the circumstances.

tenor.gif

Coming to think of it, Foster arguably is of a similar level to Andy Halliday, although has been more successful as a Rangers player.

We could have had 3 penalties Walsh gave 1 we also could have scored 6-7 goals but we didn't it's part of the game and lets face it Abaardeen got humped, we played them off the park.

Last edited:
The Aberdeen player had two hands on his shoulders pulling him down :D
You’d get a job writing headlines for the Evening Times. Totally out of context as Foster also said that it was a penalty, but you missed that bit out. I’ll bet you get all annoyed when newspapers quote things out of context to suit their agenda.

It's crazy the abuse Foster takes on here. He has been very positive about Rangers every time he has been on Sportscene. Here is what he actually said, and the context in which he said it.

RF: "It is, but I think big andy..he gets the wrong side of him. So he just kind of puts his arms on him. He does go down easily but..
Puts the OP in a different perspective

There was a shirt pull initially followed by a pull back on the shoulder that's laughably soft?

You would be giving out half a dozen penalty's every match if those type were consistently given. I can see why he gave it but if it was given against us in a meaningful match I'd be fuming.

You would be giving out half a dozen penalty's every match if those type were consistently given. I can see why he gave it but if it was given against us in a meaningful match I'd be fuming.
The thing is that referees SHOULD be awarding penalties when defenders are blatantly holding or pulling shirts in the box. There wouldn’t be six penalties a game for long, because defenders would stop doing it.

Sour grapes that's all we could have had 3 penalties Walsh gave 1 we also could have scored 6-7 goals but we didn't it's part of the game and lets face Abaardeen got humped, we played them off the park.
What did he say that's sour grapes, given the whole conversation?

What did he say that's sour grapes, given the whole conversation?
Absolutely nothing. Between the match commentary and the panel they literally made all the same points the poster did.

They said the penalty was the correct decision, they said the Roofe penalty claim should have been given and they showed the other Balogun one without commenting either way.

The panel referenced the missing sheep players but stated that it wouldn't have mattered and that, while there may have been two deflected goals and a penalty, Rangers were that good they were never losing the game and could have scored more.

They also spoke about our prospects for the season and when asked if anyone could stop us said not on current form and mentioned that we don't look like losing a goal never mind a game.

But aye - "sour grapes" :))

Absolutely nothing. Between the match commentary and the panel they literally made all the same points the poster did.

They said the penalty was the correct decision, they said the Roofe penalty claim should have been given and they showed the other Balogun one without commenting either way.

The panel referenced the missing sheep players but stated that it wouldn't have mattered and that, while there may have been two deflected goals and a penalty, Rangers were that good they were never losing the game and could have scored more.

They also spoke about our prospects for the season and when asked if anyone could stop us said not on current form and mentioned that we don't look like losing a goal never mind a game.

But aye - "sour grapes" :))
It's the same in match threads when we score, Ian Crocker apparently sounds "like his dog just died" or Rob MacLean sounds "like he's going to be sick". To my ear the commentator's and co-commentator's sound the same no matter which team/player scores - they sound excited at a wonder goal/late equaliser and a bit more subdued at a run of the mill tap in or 4th goal in a 4-0 win.

Last edited:
It's the same in match threads when we score, Ian Crocker apparently sound "like his dog just died" or Rob MacLean sounds "like he's going to be sick". To my ear the commentator's and co-commentator's sound the same no matter which team/player scores - they sound excited at a wonder goal/late equaliser and a bit more subdued at a run of the mill tap in or 4th goal in a 4-0 win.
If you replaced the panel with Alex Rae, Neil McCann and Kevin Thomson having the exact same conversation then nobody would have had an issue with anything they said.

The only one that appeared slightly negative was Steven Thomson who, in his role as host, asked the questions - "Was it a penalty?"
"It's of the soft variety though isn't it?"

I guess thats his job though.

He did also sound pretty miserable but I think that's just the way he generally comes across.

Seems like all the kicks and knocks we have taken over recent years have affected some peoples ability to accept compliments when given or, even, to recognise a positive report.

Hopefully the forthcoming success will help resolve that issue for them :)

In the meantime let's continue to rage against every perceived slight against our great name.

So many threads like these are appearing here nowadays. As another poster on here noted, the paranoia used to be the domain of the bheasts, now its absolutely rife here.

It's a clear penalty, the only reason they say it's soft is because Consadine has been getting away with that foul his entire career and not been punished before, on a side note that dumpling got an International cap.

FFS

from a forward's point of view it was a stonewaller

from a defender's point of view it was soft

end of story

Thanks for the truth of the situation.

Foster says nothing wrong. Not sure why Thompson introducing and pushing the soft angle. Its basically a rugby tackle, its a penalty 100 times out of 100. No debate. Nothing soft about it.

Reactions: fmp
Amazing how many post apparently without having heard what RF actually said. Or having taken the time to read the rest of the thread which clarified his comments.

RF said it was a penalty and was very complimentary about us. But grrrrrr!!!!

:D :D :D

He's as pro Rangers a pundit as there is. What is we want on here? Pundits singing the sash? Phuck sake his shirts and jumpers are shite but the guys ok.

His peak was getting a nosebleed in front of an open goal against Valencia, going down too easily before ending up in his useless nat voting arse.

Apart from that miss, he played well that night.

Not heard what he said but always thought Foster seemed fairly unbiased.

Back