Right Back for the upcoming SPL games - who ?

ChildOfGoth

captain fantastic out until probably the Celtic game and Jack similarly , Balogun with a injury unknown , and Patterson having an SFA concern im wondering who would be next option(s) even for a couple of games ?

tricky given that list is four long i start thinking of Leon King or Scott Arfield at a real stretch maybe . options are rather narrow .

I think Balogun is only out for a couple days. Am sure Gerrard said this just after the game last night.

ahh hadnt seen the good news re Balogun being likely to be ok thats pretty good turn of events .
agree Patterson is prob now the next up id just reckoned the usual shenanigans would show up next week .

Patterson has earned it after that 2nd half display, goal aside, I thought he was outstanding. Lukaku looked a real threat 1st half, Nathan done well to nullify that threat when he came on.
Can't remember Lukaku being on the ball really in the 2nd half and he was controlling all of their attacks in the 1st. Balogun played decently last week and against Dundee Hivs, but came back down to reality last night and showed us why he plays centre half.

If Tav, Jack and Balogun are injured and Patterson banned I would just switch to a back three of Goldson Helander and Simpson. Davis anchor in front and just overload on attacking talent in the front six. Morelos, Kent, Hagi, Aribo, Arfield, Wright.

If Tav, Jack and Balogun are injured and Patterson banned I would just switch to a back three of Goldson Helander and Simpson. Davis anchor in front and just overload on attacking talent in the front six. Morelos, Kent, Hagi, Aribo, Arfield, Wright.
Bit harsh on Borna?

No chance will we be changing formation at this stage in the season. Madness, plus your leaving Barasic out.

Isn’t that what you’d do when chasing 2 goals in the last 10 mins in Champ Man? Never worked though.

I wouldn't have played Patterson again but I'm fickle and he won me over easily enough.

Play him unless he is banned by the SFA. They're not going to backdate it so %^*& them.

If no Tav, Balogun, Jack or Patterson then is someone like Leon King able to play RB or would we shoehorn in a senior player out of position?

Change the whole system?
Not for me.
Lets find the next best right back.
Who is Patterson’s deputy?
We’re far enough ahead to take a chance with him.

I still don't get why its assumed Patterson will be banned. Why should he when others recently have broken covid rules without penalty or suspension.
Spot on. Not sure how the SFA or SPFL can act on something happening outside of football at all, obviously they already have with our first 2 cases but doesn’t sit right at all, surely they govern football in Scotland and this was away from football

Spot on. Not sure how the SFA or SPFL can act on something happening outside of football at all, obviously they already have with our first 2 cases but doesn’t sit right at all, surely they govern football in Scotland and this was away from football
It's may be way from football but the agreement for football to be active was pretty clear.
I hope they don't see a ban, mostly because of the utter mess that was Dubai. However it will still be possible even if its a "bringing the game into disrepute" catch all..

Patterson depending on the ban until Tav is back.

If Patterson is banned then hopefully Baloguns injury isn't too bad.

After that I would assume it would be Leon King.

I can't really think of anyone else who could play there.

Arfield or Wright maybe they'd offer an attacking threat atleast. I'm sure Arfield covered at RB once or twice when he was younger.

Our next game is not till wed so Patterson play s and Balagun fit if not v Livingston back for st boo but hopefully not out too long like manager said and no ban for Patterson

Dilemma in my head since last night.

what do we do if a decent offer comes in for Patterson? He wants to stay but wants more game time to do so

It has to be Patterson even if Balogan is fit. After all he is the deputy for Tav, so why would it change?
I don't see the Five being banned by the sfa.

Is there any indication when the 5 will learn their fate?
I don't think we can accept any sanctions on our players until the outcome of the Dubai fiasco is dealt with or even the SFA rule breakers. None of them were fasttrack situations so the Tims must be first to be dealt with first ,after all John Kennedy put it on record they messed up protocols.

Patterson if not banned. It would be good to know where we stand.

Maybe they realise they can't do anything after allowing Duffy to fly half way across the globe on a commercial flight with 200 other folk and stroll into the side a few days later after passing a lateral flow test.

Patterson

Going to sound like a hypocrite here, since I originally thought the 5 should have been more severely punished. However, I recognize i'm being an auld fart living in the past and there is no point in the club hurting itself just to make a point on principle. Doing the right thing just isn't a thing in football anymore, money has seen to that. So why not play the best option we have before the SPFL ban him (I expect that to be fast tracked now after events on Thursday)

It would also be daft to lose such a talented young prospect. Every club is out for themselves these days and doing the honourable thing doesn't get you any points.

Can't remember Lukaku being on the ball really in the 2nd half and he was controlling all of their attacks in the 1st. Balogun played decently last week and against Dundee Hivs, but came back down to reality last night and showed us why he plays centre half.
He was invisible first half-hour, then had a good 15mins before half time before disappearing again in the second 45.
Balagoun will be fine at RB in the SPFL, assuming young Nathan cops a ban.

I'm not convinced Balogun was injured.

Antwerp knew he wasn't a natural right back, so targeted him. He didn't have a great first half. Was on a yellow card, was poor at the goal and lucky not to give away a penalty, when he slid 10 yards on his backside.

I reckon his substitution was purely tactical, but the gaffer protected him, rather than throwing him under the bus.

captain fantastic out until probably the Celtic game and Jack similarly , Balogun with a injury unknown , and Patterson having an SFA concern im wondering who would be next option(s) even for a couple of games ?

tricky given that list is four long i start thinking of Leon King or Scott Arfield at a real stretch maybe . options are rather narrow .
Patterson

Back