Right Back for the upcoming SPL games - who ?

I agree. Rangers have spoken to the SFA and Im sure they've told them we arent accepting any more bans for our players until they've dealt with Dubai breaches.
As far as I am aware no other football authorities are banning players for COVID breaches. As usual our lot just make it up as we go along. They have been punished by the police. I would find it highly irregular if I was fined by the cops then my employers governing body tried to punish me as well. Ludicrous.

The SFA have rather painted themselves in to a corner with their failure to follow up on Dubai. I'm sure Motherwell and Kilmarnock cited that lot when they appealed against points deductions and that matter has still to be concluded. I would be very disappointed if Rangers simply accepted bans for their players. Although there is merit in the argument that they should receive suspensions the fact that a month and a half has passed since Dubai with no action being taken should mean that Rangers should folow the example of MFC and KFC and directly cite Dubai and challenge any attempt at disciplinary action without resolution of prior infractions.

If he's not banned then it has to be Patterson. I genuinely didn't think he would play again this season but he was excellent the other night and he plays ahead of Balogun. He's a natural right back and offers the same outlet as Borna so falls into the way we play. Balogun done well against Utd but he was rubbish the other night and if carrying an injury as Gerrard says then keep him off the plastic pitch.

Gerrard's post-match interview pointed, very clearly, to further punishments coming their way.
I think the sfa have shot themselves in the foot last weekend, with their feck up regarding their own officials.
I honestly can't see them punishing clubs at the moment.

On a separate note

Why have they taken so long in regards to the Dubai debacle, I wonder.

I'm not convinced Balogun was injured.

Antwerp knew he wasn't a natural right back, so targeted him. He didn't have a great first half. Was on a yellow card, was poor at the goal and lucky not to give away a penalty, when he slid 10 yards on his backside.

I reckon his substitution was purely tactical, but the gaffer protected him, rather than throwing him under the bus.
100% Agree mate.
Plus the fact he was booked and could easily have got another with one miss-timed challenge in the second half.

I think Patterson while he is available. Save Balogun incase we end up without Patterson and Tav for a brief period

I still don't get why its assumed Patterson will be banned. Why should he when others recently have broken covid rules without penalty or suspension.
That’s how I’d play it. Car sharing was no ban for the players, no ban for the Dubai breaches, no ban for the other breaches that were reported - only clubs fined. As long as no outsiders mingling they were within the bubble to fit the ban. (Yes it shouldn’t have happened done to COVID laws and they were fined).

I think the sfa have shot themselves in the foot last weekend, with their feck up regarding their own officials.

On a separate note

Its only my theory - based upon nothing at all. New Compliance Officer takes up post next week, with the post having been vacant for several weeks. We may yet see the Dhims cited for the Dubai Debacle and our own lads cited at the same time for their idiocy.

As off-field incidents they don't come under the 'Fast Track' remit so I'd expect a citing and then a date for Hearing set for two weeks after that, so mid-March. Hopefully by the end of that Tav will be fit again. Bans for our guys and a fine for the Dhims.

Only a theory I stress.

That’s how I’d play it. Car sharing was no ban for the players, no ban for the Dubai breaches, no ban for the other breaches that were reported - only clubs fined. As long as no outsiders mingling they were within the bubble to fit the ban. (Yes it shouldn’t have happened done to COVID laws and they were fined).
Folk still don't understand this 'sporting bubble'. It applies only whilst at training or playing matches. As soon as they leave they are no longer allowed to visit each others houses, car-share on the way to/from training or whatever. Patterson's girlfriend isn't in a bubble with Zungu, for example, or vice versa.

Folk still don't understand this 'sporting bubble'. It applies only whilst at training or playing matches. As soon as they leave they are no longer allowed to visit each others houses, car-share on the way to/from training or whatever. Patterson's girlfriend isn't in a bubble with Zungu, for example, or vice versa.
Yes I agree with that the same way car sharing is not allowed and was it killie or st Mirren fell foul of that?? No bans for those players were there! That is my point - heading out to your none team mates house your out that bubble and can say ban should follow. The same with Dubai out at pubs with team mates - that’s not allowed yet no bans. So by principle we’ve done nothing different so why should we get a ban.

Its only my theory - based upon nothing at all. New Compliance Officer takes up post next week, with the post having been vacant for several weeks. We may yet see the Dhims cited for the Dubai Debacle and our own lads cited at the same time for their idiocy.

As off-field incidents they don't come under the 'Fast Track' remit so I'd expect a citing and then a date for Hearing set for two weeks after that, so mid-March. Hopefully by the end of that Tav will be fit again. Bans for our guys and a fine for the Dhims.

Only a theory I stress.
Ferr point.;)

Patterson has earned it after that 2nd half display, goal aside, I thought he was outstanding. Lukaku looked a real threat 1st half, Nathan done well to nullify that threat when he came on.
I agree with you , sums it up when lukaku gave Balogum a torrid time in first half and then got whipped off about 20 mins after Patterson comes on.
The boy was excellent the other night.

I agree with you , sums it up when lukaku gave Balogum a torrid time in first half and then got whipped off about 20 mins after Patterson comes on.
The boy was excellent the other night.

Patterson is an amazing prospect. He's had just a few appearances and looks more than an able replacement for Tav and Tav's a top player.

captain fantastic out until probably the Celtic game and Jack similarly , Balogun with a injury unknown , and Patterson having an SFA concern im wondering who would be next option(s) even for a couple of games ?

tricky given that list is four long i start thinking of Leon King or Scott Arfield at a real stretch maybe . options are rather narrow .
I posted exactly the same on a thread the other night and admin pulled the thread... what’s that all about?????

Only a theory I stress.
Clare Whyte was supposed to remain in post to ensure a smooth handover. However, she couldn't bear to issue a punishment to 'her team' when they still had an outside chance of winning the league and she jumped ship, knowing that no action could take place until well after the new C.O. started.

She is as bitter as they come and should never have been in a role that gave her such power.

captain fantastic out until probably the Celtic game and Jack similarly , Balogun with a injury unknown , and Patterson having an SFA concern im wondering who would be next option(s) even for a couple of games ?

tricky given that list is four long i start thinking of Leon King or Scott Arfield at a real stretch maybe . options are rather narrow .
Young Nathan till the corrupt cable give his 10 game ban, then hopefully Tav is fit by then

I said earlier in the week that the players involved have now apologised, and we should draw a line under it, move on.

If they haven’t been formally banned by the authorities then they continue to be available to play. As such, Patterson is our best right back so it needs to be him until Tav is back.

If Tav, Jack and Balogun are injured and Patterson banned I would just switch to a back three of Goldson Helander and Simpson. Davis anchor in front and just overload on attacking talent in the front six. Morelos, Kent, Hagi, Aribo, Arfield, Wright.
Lol

I wouldn't have played Patterson again but I'm fickle and he won me over easily enough.

Play him unless he is banned by the SFA. They're not going to backdate it so %^*& them.

If no Tav, Balogun, Jack or Patterson then is someone like Leon King able to play RB or would we shoehorn in a senior player out of position?
Has to be someone with pace if up against a winger

Balogun is suspended for the 1st leg of Slavia Prague so it has to be Patterson for the next few games at least to get him up to speed.

If Tav, Jack and Balogun are injured and Patterson banned I would just switch to a back three of Goldson Helander and Simpson. Davis anchor in front and just overload on attacking talent in the front six. Morelos, Kent, Hagi, Aribo, Arfield, Wright.

Not a chance is that happening and not a chance it would work either.

Crazy stuff.

Patterson or Balogun is the obvious answer.

Think we’re all jumping in on Balogun for one bad game (even though he was injured for some of the half) and forgetting that he was absolutely fine in that position against Dundee Utd previously.

Antwerp knew he wasn't a natural right back, so targeted him. He didn't have a great first half. Was on a yellow card, was poor at the goal and lucky not to give away a penalty, when he slid 10 yards on his backside.

I reckon his substitution was purely tactical, but the gaffer protected him, rather than throwing him under the bus.
I think the first thought of Gerrard, assuming there was no injury, was that Balogun was missing the next game and that Patterson needed to get some more experience.

Yes, it was only 45 minutes but it's another part of his learning process.

Patterson / Balogun for the league games
Patterson in Europa
Leon King if both are unavailable

I also think this.

The way they were getting at him, we were either going to lose a goal or he was going to gets a second booking.

Plus Patterson took Lukaku a further ten yards away from our goal as a starting position. It was excellent in game management for me.

Its a shame this is still an unknown quantity. Id love to see Patterson get a run of games just now. The boy has shown glimpses of being a real prospect and lets be honest theres nothing better than seeing one of our own, come through the system and become a first team regular.

When is the Patterson hearing likely to take place? I thought it was this week?

My guess would be
Patterson against Livingston
(Covid breachers likely to get a ban this Friday)
Balogun against St Mirren
Patterson against Slavia Prague

Then hopefully Tav is back after that.
Unless we accept any ban then the Hearing will be 2 weeks after he is cited, so Patterson should be fine for both Livi and St Mirren - and the EL matches. Hopefully Tav, Balogun and Jack back for the DhimDome.

On a separate note

So should questions be raised in regards to Jones/Edmundson far worse punished than anyone?

So should questions be raised in regards to Jones/Edmundson far worse punished than anyone?
Whilst there is clearly something out of kilter, and it remains to be seen what happens with the latest 5, I suspect they would argue a sliding scale of punishments getting progressively more harmful due to football players not being 'deterred':

Aberdeen Seven - 3 games, all suspended.
Bolingoli - 5 games, 2 suspended.
Jones/Edmundson - 7 games, none suspended.

Paterson if hes available for sure

He was brilliant against Antwerp was really impressed as i thought the last few times he was poor.

Back