Right sided attacker.

Posted a thread or two on Mike Tresor Ndayishimiye at Willem II. Guy is an absolute superstar in the making, but would probably be more suited to the role Hagi is gonna play.
Nunnelly at Willem II plays wide right and is also a cracking wee player.
We should be keeping very close tabs on both.
Nunnely would need to improve his end product a fair bit to be what we are needing. Ejuke and Kerk are good RWs with end product, I imagine both would cost £5/6m though. The filth had a bid of £3.5m rejected for Kerk in January but that was before the pandemic ofc.

a right sided winger to compliment Kent and hagi would be ideal with aribo and hagi sharing game time because we play so much football over a season

Reactions: LD5
Skov Olson’s a great shout, doubt we’d get him though, I said that about Hagi though!
Only reason i said him was cause someone else mentioned him on another thread. I checked up on his transmarkt stats on hes not a starter so could at least talk to Bologna about him if we are going with this youth model.

Only reason i said him was cause someone else mentioned him on another thread. I checked up on his transmarkt stats on hes not a starter so could at least talk to Bologna about him if we are going with this youth model.

remember we got Helander from them as well, that move came out the blue so you’d hope there’s some sort of relationship there

A proper right sided attacker could really complete our front four. Convinced Morelos, Kent, Hagi and an attacking RM could tear that league up with their ability.

Not somewhere that you would leave easily it’s a beautiful , energetic town would be a terrific life there

Based on the 11 best current personel we have you could go :
----------Shagger
Tav Goldson Katic Barasic
----------Kamara
--Jack (Polster)-----Aribo
----------- Hagi
---------Morelos ----Kent

Its hard to draw on a messageboard , but that gives an idea of how a 4-3-3 might look and shows how we might be a bit weak on the right if Hagi starts centrally. Also Alfie would be more central and Kent more on the wing. Its not an insurmountable problem given Tav likes to bomb forward and Polster looked capable of playing right-mid in the few games he started last season. However I think the gaffer is likely to at least start Hagi on the right of a front three. If only for the sake of balance.
----------Shagger
Tav Goldson Katic Barasic
----------Kamara
---Jack -----------Aribo
Hagi----Morelos ----Kent

Of course if we get in the coveted ball winning centre-mid then everything including formation is up in the air.

We don't play 442 or 352 which would suit Candeias, in 433 we need our two wide player in the front three scoring and making goals. It's a problem we have still to find the solution to
In a 4-3-3 the front 3 need to work like feck and score goals. The combination of both attributes in all our front 3 we don't have.

Always think this position is a tricky position to get right. I don’t think we have ever had a consistent player in this position for some time.

If we are looking for the full package, the player must have the ability to come inside and unlock a packed defence by beating his man with skill or movement in a tight space.......but also have the physical attributes to get in behind the opposition when the game is stretched.

Aribo is not suited to this position, Greg Stewart for me is not up to it. I am unconvinced it is Hagi’s best position.

This is just an absolute myth that Tav somehow needed Candeias to play well, the first half of the season Tav was on fire and done perfectly well defensively apart from the YB away and Tynecastle games.

Also, Candeias was on fire in pre-season aye, but last season particularly the second half of the season he was absolutely dreadful and I don't get why people have just forgotten about it. There were numerous times he done this but the one I remember was Aberdeen at home in the cup, through on goal and all he had to do was slide it across for a goal and he fucking rifled it head height at 100mph. He was far too inconsistent going forward, he might have provided more defensive solidity but if we want to win a title we need goals from our RW, not defending.
He also provided 5 goals and 12 assists in his last season with us which is better than any of our other attacking players this season not including strikers

He also provided 5 goals and 12 assists in his last season with us which is better than any of our other attacking players this season not including strikers
That is because his replacements were shite not because Candeias was good, those stats are hardly incredible either we should be aiming for 10/15 goals from our winger not 5 fs

That is because his replacements were shite not because Candeias was good, those stats are hardly incredible either we should be aiming for 10/15 goals from our winger not 5 fs

Candieas certainly was good - look at the last min goal against Rapid Vienna that he setup for Morelos - there are very few players who would give you that effort and quality in the final minute of a Euro game! Also preseason this term he looked in fantastic form - all the more reason why he should never have been dropped from the Euro squad imho.
As for stats - a winger directly involved in 17 goals is a great return. While we want our wider players to improve their stats, I wouldn't mind having a wide player with no goals but 20+ assists a season.

We haven't replaced him but if we could get someone as good it would be in improvement on this season. Of course, we always want to get better where possible but that is one area of the team that got worse for me this season.

Candieas certainly was good - look at the last min goal against Rapid Vienna that he setup for Morelos - there are very few players who would give you that effort and quality in the final minute of a Euro game! Also preseason this term he looked in fantastic form - all the more reason why he should never have been dropped from the Euro squad imho.
As for stats - a winger directly involved in 17 goals is a great return. While we want our wider players to improve their stats, I wouldn't mind having a wide player with no goals but 20+ assists a season.

We haven't replaced him but if we could get someone as good it would be in improvement on this season. Of course, we always want to get better where possible but that is one area of the team that got worse for me this season.
Aye he had a terrific work rate, but he wasn't in any way clinical or consistent particularly the second half of 18/19 season. He did look good in pre-season aye but he probably got dropped because we both agreed he was leaving, I imagine Gerrard would have told him as soon as pre season began his plans for him.

A forward in our team should absolutely not be going all season with a goal no matter how many assists he gets. We need goals spread throughout the front of the team because we have already seen if we don't have our Morelos on form we struggle.

I don't disagree that that position got worse, but that is more a problem with his replacements not with Candeias leaving. We should be spending big this summer to get a player that will absolutely own that position.

I know we don't play with wingers but I still think one of our biggest problem areas is a right sided attacker with pace. We don't create enough in the final third and we also need someone who can chip in with goals. Pace is a necessity in Europe and against the tims.
Against the teams that sit in, we hopefully have the creativity to unlock in the likes of Aribo and Hagi but we still need players from wider starting positions to contribute.
Who would you like to see us try and bring in?
Even with his inability to score easy goals or put in a killer cross, we are weaker on the right with no candy man, his workrate is sorely missed by Tav.

If we could find a Candeias with a cross or goal scoring ability we would be. would be. Something dangerous.

Hopefully this summer we will not bring in squad filling dross and focus on bringing 2 or 3 more quality players that go straight into the first team.

Right sided attacker and a central midfielder the priority

George Puscas at reading can play anywhere along the front line,looked an amazing player in the under 21 euros with a certain Hagi playing off of him in the number 10 role

I know we don't play with wingers but I still think one of our biggest problem areas is a right sided attacker with pace. We don't create enough in the final third and we also need someone who can chip in with goals. Pace is a necessity in Europe and against the tims.
Against the teams that sit in, we hopefully have the creativity to unlock in the likes of Aribo and Hagi but we still need players from wider starting positions to contribute.
Who would you like to see us try and bring in?
If we have to endure another season of tav, then please let it be as a right sides player and not a right back.
Even in a 3-5-2 would be more suited.

I think one of our problems in both wide attacking slots is that we don't allow anyone to get into a rhythm.

We've had dozens of options - including pushing guys like Aribo and Arfield out there. But, some of whom never get a chance, some who play well then get dropped irrespective, and some play until we rotate for tactical reason or freshness then seem to drop to about 5th choice.

I know it's an easy position to rotate without disrupting the team too much but I don't think any of the guys -except Kent on the left in patches - have really had a decent run of just being a week in, week out pick to really show get into form.

The down side with the three players mentioned is you’re probably not going to be making money on them in a few years time,but their experience and qualities on bosman deals outweigh that imo.
Hagi and whoever replaces Alfie can provide that hopefully

I like the strategy of young players bought, if we have to, because we can make on those investments, but older guys that you refer to on Bosmans.

Arfield, Jack & Davis were bosmans.

Reactions: cav
He played a handful of games and scored a few goals but that was only because of injuries Burnley had.

I think he could be someone Burnley would be happy to get off the wage bill. 1 year loan deal with option at the end of that could be a good deal for both parties

His contract expires in August, 2021.

Posted a thread or two on Mike Tresor Ndayishimiye at Willem II. Guy is an absolute superstar in the making, but would probably be more suited to the role Hagi is gonna play.
Nunnelly at Willem II plays wide right and is also a cracking wee player.
We should be keeping very close tabs on both.

Good shout mate. These Guys would be happy to join us you would think.

Great grounding for Rangers playing at that club too :))

George Puscas at reading can play anywhere along the front line,looked an amazing player in the under 21 euros with a certain Hagi playing off of him in the number 10 role
Sign him and we will have the new rebrov shevchenko partnership from that Kiev team ripping Europe apart

Sign him and we will have the new rebrov shevchenko partnership from that Kiev team ripping Europe apart
I also think Reading are In a bit of bother with ffp,so they might be looking to offload some high earners,add to that the Hagi effect and I think this could be a goer, mon Rangers make it happen

Back