Right who are we bringing in now that players have left??

Needs to be an attacking option. My fear is Alfie will miss more games and I would not like to be relying on Defoe.

I guess we could amend formation and introduce Kent through the middle or perhaps Stewart.
Whilst I understand the clamour for another striker I think people forget just how capable Kent is in a 'false nine' role.
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him utilised there in a few games,particularly if the likes of Jones or Ojo up their game in the coming months.

In order:

Midfielder who can challenge for a start

Right sided attacker who can cover as striker

Cover for left back

Cover for right back

Suspect we’ll only get one.

I think we will bring in two before the window closes, not in the know just a gut feeling.

I have very little faith in our sub options

We need a strong bench to push on the first 11! I personally think we need to add a striker/scoring right sided forward. One midfielder to challenge. Utility wing back who is better than flannigan/Polster/Halliday.

Would like to see another striker come in. If Defoe picked up an injury at the moment we would be in trouble, especially with the refs trying to book Buff at every chance possible!

Agr
Don’t think we’ll be bringing anyone in - still think we could do with a striker but we’ll just have to try and stay injury/suspension free.
Agreed but it's a risky move.
Unless there is confidence in the youth team to take a step up

I dont think we'll bring in anyone, unless someone goes for big money.
We'll have to go with what we have at the moment

Would like SG to go all out to get the boy, Campbell.
Half a season to settle into his new surroundings and then, when Buff goes in the summer, he can hit the ground running.
I'm sure SG will add at least one in this window.

A striker with pace for the right side. Campbell maybe with Jones or Docherty heading out to other way.

A midfielder who can shoot from range. Probably a summer buy or a Bosman.

If Defoe didn't stay on next season then someone like Ibisevic as a similar veteran replacement for next season (going out of contract and still doing it for Hertha Berlin)

Not one of those listed in the OP were anywhere near getting a place on our bench regularly, never mind getting a start. Their departure makes not a jot of difference to Gerrard’s team/squad selection. No point getting rid of some deadwood only to bring more deadwood in.

I don't see us getting a ‘starter’ in this window, as January fees are prohibitive. A guy who’s out of contract in the Summer and brought in early for a nominal fee would be more likely. I don’t see it happening though.

Gerrard wants someone to push Kent and Aribo for a starting spot. In my opinion jones could leave.

I don’t think we will bring anyone in, yes it’s possible both Defoe and Morelos are out at the same time, but what decent player ( striker ) is going to come to us and not make the first 18 squad players. Defoe is not our long term answer and may not perform as well as planned in the final assault for 55 this season. Alfie is our main man and will largely remain injury and suspension free in the second half of this campaign

I think we might get 1 or 2 in in the last few days. Players who aren't getting a game in PL and with maybe the Euros in mind. Attacking midfielder and young striker

I’ve mentioned this in other threads but I feel if we don’t sign three players in certain positions we will be taking a risk. We need a top quality right inside forward whether that be on loan or not I don’t know, a back-up for Borna and a third striker- Campbell maybe?

100% agree. Why not let Barker & Halliday go too if it helps the finances to support this ?

Need a forward for cover ,full back cover should be fine with the two young lads coming through

I suspect we will be assessing new recruits by other clubs to ascertain if this really means a raised standard that increases the threat to our ambitions. Decisions on who we sign surely has to be driven by that. Just because certain signings are being hyped doesn't mean they are a threat.

But another striker would be on my list if only to haul Alfie off when the ref is Clancy or another with that hostile red-card itching look about him.

I just hope the manager didn’t see the thread on Chris Burke’s six assists. Might end up with him :oops:

What type of calibre can we bring in who will be happy to be 3rd choice striker in a system we play with one?

Do we honestly think we can attract someone better than Stewart for that berth?

Grezda , Rudden , Murphy , Barjones , King all away

Docherty just about away too

SG said if we can move on few then he could bring 1 in

who is the fav to come in or what position??

a striker for me , boy from Charlton, Lyle Taylor , 6 months left on deal , possibly could be used as part of the Docherty deal?
Not one of them has played this season. The definition of deadwood, needed shifted but don’t need replaced

What type of calibre can we bring in who will be happy to be 3rd choice striker in a system we play with one?

Do we honestly think we can attract someone better than Stewart for that berth?
That's my worry, probably end up getting a young Liverpool kid on loan.

2 players minimum for me.

A quality right sided forward in the mould of Kent.

And a creative midfielder possibly an impact player from the bench.

You could also see arguments for an extra striker maybe a physical mobile target man and cover for full back.

Failure to strengthen our squad could come back and haunt us because looking at our squad there is only really 13 or 14 players we can realistically rely upon week in week out and many of our fringe players sadly aren't good enough notably the likes of Barker, Ojo, JJ, Docherty.

Need another wide option because the back up to Kent and aribo isn’t the required standard imo

I can’t believe the number of posters thinking we need another striker.

Defoe is struggling for game time as it is.

Another good quality wide man would be great but I’m happy with the squad.

Tyrese Campbell for me. Quick, strong and can play wide right or through the middle. I'd try and get him now and use Jones as a makeweight.

Tyrese Campbell for me. Quick, strong and can play wide right or through the middle. I'd try and get him now and use Jones as a makeweight.
Probably won’t affect transfer plans but looks like he just pulled a hamstring, 6 weeks out maybe.

Definitely need a 3rd striker.

Dependent on who else leaves, the wide options are starting to look a bit thin on the ground as well.

Back