Rio Ferdinand asking Fabregas did he play with anyone better than Bellingham

8evvghsqjaq51.png

Rio Ferdinand/Carl Carlson from Simpsons

I remember the same things being said about Dele Alli not too long ago

Lets wait and see.
Huh? Was Dele Ali the main man in a Champions League and League winning team?

I'm not even sure anybody said he would make it to the heights Messi did. If they have I've missed it.

Main man? He disappeared in the knockout rounds. Vinicius Jr is their main man and the reason they won the CL.
Fair enough. Whether he was the main man or not, he was still a constant starter and massive contributor to a League and Champions League winning team.

This is Messi at 20. There is no comparison. Admittedly Bellingham is a special player, but he's not a better player than Messi was at that age, nor will he ever reach that level.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>
That was the proper breakthrough season for Messi though when he became the main man at Barcelona and his talent is/was unreal, and I agree his career is unlikely to be matched.

At the age of 20 Bellingham has played a lot more football than what Messi had, was Dortmund's best player at 17/18/19, and has had a brilliant first season at Real at 20. We seen with our own eyes an 18yo Bellingham bossing about international teammates over our 2 legs against Dortmund.

My belief is that the trajectory of Bellinghams career has been ahead of what Messi's was at the same age, but obviously Messi's career took off at an exponential rate from the age of 19, and it will take one hell of a player to even come close to matching him.

Foden has achieved considerably more than Gascoigne at the age of 24. He's one of the best players in one of the best club sides in the world, I'm still not convinced that turning up for an international tournament should be put above that domestic success.
He's good under a specific manager under a very specific set of instructions.

This is why Jude can only be told “well done” for getting the f*ck out of England and going to learn and ply his trade abroad away from these bangers.

Reckon people forget how good Cesc himself was as a 16/17-year-old kid.
If the thread proves anything it’s that people forget a lot of stuff. Fabregas put in some unbelievable performances as a teenager; against world class opposition too.

He will go on to have an astounding career

Even going back to the dortmund game he was head and shoulders above on the pitch as a leader even at young age.

He's 20 which is the thing he will only get better especially already being at madrid
It’s pretty much universally agreed that he was poor in the CL final.

That was the proper breakthrough season for Messi though when he became the main man at Barcelona and his talent is/was unreal, and I agree his career is unlikely to be matched.

At the age of 20 Bellingham has played a lot more football than what Messi had, was Dortmund's best player at 17/18/19, and has had a brilliant first season at Real at 20. We seen with our own eyes an 18yo Bellingham bossing about international teammates over our 2 legs against Dortmund.

My belief is that the trajectory of Bellinghams career has been ahead of what Messi's was at the same age, but obviously Messi's career took off at an exponential rate from the age of 19, and it will take one hell of a player to even come close to matching him.

You could perhaps argue he was ahead in terms of trophies (although Messi at 18 would have played in the Champions League final if not for the injuries he picked up). He tore Chelsea apart that season and Barcelona won the league against the most exclusive team in history.

At 19 he was scoring a hatrick in El Classico and was being groomed as being the main man to take over from Ronaldinho, the players around him were in awe of his talent. He may not have won the league at 19 or 20 but Barcelona were in transition and Messi was the pivot in what happened over the next ten years.

If the thread proves anything it’s that people forget a lot of stuff. Fabregas put in some unbelievable performances as a teenager; against world class opposition too.

In fairness to Bellingham, he has never had any time for, nor gets caught up in, their parochial shite. He would have been pissing himself laughing from Madrid when the media machine was having a collective meltdown over a purple St George’s Cross on the jersey two months ago. Reckon part of the reason he’s so effective is because he’s managed to completely disengage from the island mentality and just turns up to play his normal game.

Messi scored in the champions league final v man utd in 2009 at the age of 20
He was 22 in 2009. Messi had a lot of injuries in his early career. Used to eat quite unhealthily & it wasn't until he changed his diet he could stay fit for a full season. I think there is a decent argument Bellingham has had a better start to his career than Messi.

I think that’s correct, but the hype is already in overdrive.

We’ve seen it so often over the years - from Gascoigne to Beckham and Owen to Rooney, an English player is talked up to almost to the point of hysteria only to ultimately fail to live up to the hype.

Bellingham looks like a class act, but is he really better than Gascoigne at the same age?
The English definitely over hype their own players, but that's a weird 4 examples to pick. Those guys were genuinely world class in their peak. Michael Owen didn't have great longevity due to his hamstrings, but he won the Ballon D'Or which suggests it was more than just the English that rated him. Beckham held his own amongst Real Madrids galacticos. Gazza won a move to Italy when it was the richest league in the world.

You could perhaps argue he was ahead in terms of trophies (although Messi at 18 would have played in the Champions League final if not for the injuries he picked up). He tore Chelsea apart that season and Barcelona won the league against the most exclusive team in history.

At 19 he was scoring a hatrick in El Classico and was being groomed as being the main man to take over from Ronaldinho, the players around him were in awe of his talent. He may not have won the league at 19 or 20 but Barcelona were in transition and Messi was the pivot in what happened over the next ten years.
I completely agree.

Find Ferdinand so cringe inducing. Like when he made someone film him narrowly avoiding standing on the Real Madrid crest out of 'respect'

Fair enough. Whether he was the main man or not, he was still a constant starter and massive contributor to a League and Champions League winning team.
Yeah that’s fine, but for what people are implying he’d surely need to be a much bigger factor than he was on the knockouts where he was really a bit of a passenger. There’s clearly never been as big a gap between Barca and Madrid as there is now either so they should be skooshing the league every year for the foreseeable. Not saying Bellingham isn’t already a top level player by the way, he’s clearly brilliant and the potential is huge. He’s never going to have that level of ability on the ball (I’m talking Messi level ability, he’s still an exceptional player from a technical POV), but he’s Taylor made for modern football with his athleticism and his engine too.

But at only 18 Messi was already been talked about as potentially going on to be the best ever, he’d given Mourinho’s Chelsea the run around at Stamford bridge, he’d already scored a clasico hattrick at 19, scored that Maradona-esque goal and taken Manchester United on by himself at old Trafford in a performance levels above anything Bellingham has shown on that stage to date. Only difference is Messi didn’t have a Vincius Jr or whoever to help him out. Just think the difference in where their respective teams are is stark. Ancelotti is a good bit better than Riijkard too. Biggest drawback for Messi in his first couple of seasons as a pro was injuries, they were frequent and lengthy.

Ferdinand asking Fabregas did he play with anyone better than Bellingham :p :p :p

Messi
Pedro
Iniesta
Busquets
Van persie
Xavi
Hazard
Pique
Courtois
Gilberto silva
Dani Alves
Casillas
Pires
Kante
Ljungberg
John Terry
Villa
Alba
Ramos
Sanchez
Henry
Puyol
Mascherano
Diego Costa
many of them couldn’t lace Bellinghams boots and he’s only just starting. Ljunberg ffs :))

Foden has achieved considerably more than Gascoigne at the age of 24. He's one of the best players in one of the best club sides in the world, I'm still not convinced that turning up for an international tournament should be put above that domestic success.
International football is the pinnacle of football. I'll admit that being able to assemble a squad of elite footballers in every position means the standard of CL football is higher than lot of national teams. However football is still a team game and 99% of players who represent their country understand that international football is still more important to them than club football.

I reckon 3 goals including 2 winners in the classicos this season will give him some leeway with the Madrid fans

You comparing deli Ali to jude bellingham?
Yes, people forget how good Alli was at 20. Scored 22 goals for Spurs, regular for England, the expectation at the time was that he'd be one of the all time greats. A cautionary tale for younger players. Nothing is guaranteed. Absolutely nothing

Of course it's about his words about Ibrox

'Oh looky he loves us. We wuv him too'.

Exactly. Whether Bellingham has kind words about us, kind words about Celtic, kind words about both, or no words at all about either, has absolutely zero impact on how good or bad a player he is, yet most on here will use it as the deciding factor of how good or bad he is.

They're also using the very same logic here when they use the fact they dislike Ferdinand to completely ignore the fact he didn't ask the question that's being alleged he ask. Whether you dislike Ferdinand or adore him doesn't change the fact that he did not ask the question he's alleged to have asked in the thread title..

Same logic that people on here use then they claim the likes of Roy Keane (or whoever) couldn't fight, because they don't like him/he played for Celtic. This two things have zero bearing on whether he can fight or not, and using your dislike of a player/club to form ALL of your opinions about something is what makes most football fans look absolutely stupid.

It's worrying that people who think like this can vote and is one of the prime reasons I dislike the jury system in court trials.

Last edited:
Back