Rio Ferdinand backs Ashley

Yes, would have thought that guys who have played at the top would know all about these type of owners.
I understand he’s finished playing and protecting his own sales of goods but thought the presenter was making some fair points, which he basically shouted down.

It's all about money and looking after number 1. Ferdinand is just as greedy as most and doesn't care as long as his interests are protected

On BT Sport, in studio talking about Ashley.
He has dealings with his company to sell his own goods.
Saying he has been good for Newcastle, got Benitez in. When Newcastle got relegated he spent £50m (own money , cough cough) to get them back up as he was the owner.
It was pointed out that Brighton have spent over £100m to Newcastle’s net £6m, Rio gets a bit shouty and says that’s up to Ashley, why should he spend when he’s made it clear he wants out.
Came across as a very big fan of Ashley.

Saw that. Some NUFC fans want to put Rio in the picture regarding Ashley's "investments" in the club. A pile of debt and numerous onerous contracts that can't be unwound. No wonder nobody will buy them.

The reason he's being protective is because MA bankrolls his brand. It's classed as an "Own Brand" in SD the same way as Firetrap, Soul Cal etc were. He was down in the London office being all friendly with MA about a year ago. Might have changed since I left the business mind you. There's plenty I could say about MA but I won't as I'm trying to let it go! Lol!

The reason he's being protective is because MA bankrolls his brand. It's classed as an "Own Brand" in SD the same way as Firetrap, Soul Cal etc were. He was down in the London office being all friendly with MA about a year ago. Might have changed since I left the business mind you. There's plenty I could say about MA but I won't as I'm trying to let it go! Lol!
Go on scottsmum.. Just a wee bit of info would be good. But if its a prob then no worries. You take care.

Didn't realise that Newcastle were in the relegation zone again. I knew they were shit but not that shit.

It's their own fault, they have been quite happy to line that fat c.unt's pockets for years.

You would think his maw works for sports direct or something the way he was sucking up ashleys arse, just shows how little he knows about clubs outside the top 6

Rio is probably sweet talking Ashley because they have a shared business interest or something like selling Rio's copy and paste hats

I wouldn't be surprised if he did put up 50 million to get them out of the championship

Now has Benitez, the fans, and the club in a stranglehold where they knock their pans in to stay in the league with no transfers. While he probably rakes in the EPL money to pay himself in onerous contracts

I wouldn't be surprised if he did put up 50 million to get them out of the championship

Now has Benitez, the fans, and the club in a stranglehold where they knock their pans in to stay in the league with no transfers. While he probably rakes in the EPL money to pay himself in onerous contracts

He didn't put up the £50m though. Ferdinand was talking through their arse.

The £50m came from TV money, player sales and parachute payments. Once the transfer activity was done, Newcastle walked away with a £30m profit in transfers that season.

Absolute idiot.
Best thing he could do would be to follow the family tradition - get Ashley in a headlock and give him a smack in the face.

Rio is clearly not being stupid here.

He is protecting his own interests and not biting the hand that feeds him.

Doesn’t say much about him.

All the money in the world yet won’t show any integrity, honesty, or respect to fans so he can get even more.

Also not doing his job properly. Aren’t these pundits supposed to be impartial?

DwvAG_RXcAADX0S.jpg

@Boydscores unfortunately there isn't anything juicy related to Rangers, but I worked in HO for a good few years and both me and my hubby were treated pretty shabbily by SD overall. More so my hubby who part of the warehouse who was made redundant just after xmas with no pay due to "administration" as MA's strategy back then was to withhold payment for up to 3 months with suppliers etc and then try and settle for less than was owed. So the government had to pick up the bill to pay what was owed, despite him having so much money. Eventually my whole office was eliminated too, but we did get out payoff from SD so at least he didn't shirk that one. Sadly my new job still has links with SD but in my profession most people do, so I'll be careful in what I say.

But back to Rio, his brand is a licensed brand, so basically MA owns it and it's designed and made by the SD team, in the same way he uses Kangol. Hence him protecting his own interests, unless he genuinely believes MA is a good guy!

S

Back