RIP Big Gordy - aka The KP Bulldog, ex Blue Order and Kinning Park Loyal

I was given this terrible news on Friday from his neighbour Sue who was distraught. Big Gordy lived around the corner and I would see him most days for a quick chat about the club. It is difficult to process his passing as he was still so young. He was a well-known figure in the area and he will be much missed.
Rest easy Big Man.

Thoughts with his family and friends, recognise him and his mum from the picture as they sat in the seats behind me in the Govan Front through the late 80’s / 90’s.

Used to post on the old rivals board as gordy kp loyal if it’s the same guy

Condolences to his family.
This is terrible news, he was one of the stalwarts on Rivals (no matter how early you logged on, he was always already on there posting away) and then FF. A real Rangers man, also a big supporter of England as I recall.

Condolences to his family.

Remember him well from the start of TBO (which I think was short lived for him!) and then on FF. Spoke to him a few times over the years.

Very sad to read. RIP.

Remember him well from the start of TBO (which I think was short lived for him!) and then on FF. Spoke to him a few times over the years.

Very sad to read. RIP.
Likewise. Pretty sure he was active on TBO message board as well as FF.

Sad news, condolences to his family and friends.

Does anyone know if Gordy is being laid to rest in London, or back in Kinning Park?

I spoke with his parents on Saturday and they said they want his funeral in Glasgow. And they were quoted £5,000 to bring his body home. They are down in London at the moment.
Cheers mate, keep me posted when you know the details.

I didn’t know him personally but quite a few of our members did. RIP fellow Bear and sincere condolences to his family from the London Branch.

I spoke with his parents on Saturday and they said they want his funeral in Glasgow. And they were quoted £5,000 to bring his body home. They are down in London at the moment.
That price will not be solely for bringing him back across the border to Scotland. That may be the cost of the funeral in total.

His mum didn’t go into detail just said it would be £5,000
Bringing him home across the border is something the funeral directors will arrange. I had to do it with my dad and it was something like £500 on top of the funeral cost.

Administration between local authorities, coroner etc but apart from that it's basically 2 guys in a blacked out private ambulance. May be a bit dearer from London right enough.

Glad he is being laid to rest at home.

Very sad news and heartbreaking for family.
Still remember him getting scudded across the head by Mags for having the temerity to walk into his seat after kick off. He must have been in his early 20’s, towered over his mother, but he still got it full force followed by a few expletives

Still remember him getting scudded across the head by Mags for having the temerity to walk into his seat after kick off. He must have been in his early 20’s, towered over his mother, but he still got it full force followed by a few expletives

Mother and Son clearly Rangers legends. RIP.

I recognise the female as I used to see her in the Wee Rangers Club,she goes to the Neptune after the games now.
Say hello to her but I don't know her,us that Gordy's mum?.

He got off better than the rest of us arriving late or sneaking out earlyshe used to talk about him a lot around the section when he wasn’t around.

Back