Rising Ballers - Calvin Bassey

Great video and love the big man. Rapidly becoming one of my favourite players outside of the obvious starters. I thought he was decent what I saw of him last season but mostly noticed the way he always looked like he fit in with the squad and looked like he was loving being part of it playing the limited role he had to play. Some squad players are anonymous, Bassey looked like a presence. Always looks like him and Patterson are good mates. He's been immense pre-season, hope we see him continue to develop this season.

Also 5:03 - lovely bit of skill. Let's see Bassey torture Ralston or some other dope in the green and grey with that one day.

Got a lot of time for big Bass :)). Seems a very humble young man, came up tough and wants to be the best he can be. Got to respect that.

He is miles off Borna mate. And that's a compliment to Borna and not a criticism of Bassey who is a very good player.
And this time last year people would have said the same about Patterson.

It’s all about progress and development. Bassey is only 21 and in the hands of a superb group of coaches. He will improve this season.

On another note, I didn’t realise he was born in Italy so could theoretically play for the new European Champions.

Just watched it there, love the big man. Few bears been on YouTube football scene recently.

Glen Kamara playing 5s v baiteze along with iwobi, timori and a few other stars.

Jermain Defoe on shooting practice against se dons keeper big G
That se Don's keeper is aff his nut. Watched a couple of games with him. He definitely gets in the zone lol.

Great video and love the big man. Rapidly becoming one of my favourite players outside of the obvious starters. I thought he was decent what I saw of him last season but mostly noticed the way he always looked like he fit in with the squad and looked like he was loving being part of it playing the limited role he had to play. Some squad players are anonymous, Bassey looked like a presence. Always looks like him and Patterson are good mates. He's been immense pre-season, hope we see him continue to develop this season.

Also 5:03 - lovely bit of skill. Let's see Bassey torture Ralston or some other dope in the green and grey with that one day.
I agree. I'm rooting for this big lad so much.

Such a humble, hard working, happy-go-lucky big dude. Seems genuinely blown away with his achievements and seems to work damn hard. Also, from what we've seen a great athlete and good footballer with a lot of potential.

What's NOT to like about the big man? Hope he becomes a star.

It’s all about progress and development. Bassey is only 21 and in the hands of a superb group of coaches. He will improve this season.

On another note, I didn’t realise he was born in Italy so could theoretically play for the new European Champions.

I get that and he will improve hugely at us and is a fine deputy. But Borna is absolutely massive for us. What a player he is.

I agree. I'm rooting for this big lad so much.

Such a humble, hard working, happy-go-lucky big dude. Seems genuinely blown away with his achievements and seems to work damn hard. Also, from what we've seen a great athlete and good footballer with a lot of potential.

What's NOT to like about the big man? Hope he becomes a star.

He looks to have come back from the season's break in insane physical condition.

He's putting in the work by the looks of it.

From the times I have seen him play, I think he's got a lot of quality and can push Borna all the way for a starting place this season.

That kind of competition can only be good for the players themselves and the club.

Just came on to post this, great video.

Keeps his head down and improves, no reason why he can fill Borna’s shoes in time.

Aye, he's a wild man. Se dons a good watch, been saying for ages we should play them in a cage match.
I've found myself enjoying watching them for some reason. They seem to have a decent support behind them as well.

I would probably watch any cage match through my fingers haha. I can't imagine many being keen on the idea though lol

Think he'd need an Italian passport for that, and you don't obtain Italian citizenship by right of birth like in the United States. I know it states he's eligible for Italy on his wiki, but when he was at Leicester his profile just stated he was eligible for England and Nigeria (which, if he was born to Nigerian immigrants in Italy then raised in England, would make sense).

I've found myself enjoying watching them for some reason. They seem to have a decent support behind them as well.

I would probably watch any cage match through my fingers haha. I can't imagine many being keen on the idea though lol
We have just invested in a cage at auchinhowie. Thought it would be a good way to open it.

Great video. Didn't realise he was from London, had just assumed he was local to Leicester.

ps anyone else watch some of his skills thinking "great touch for a big lad"? :)

Back