Ritchie De Laet's comments on Gers

De Laet, Antwerp captain: "They're a very strong team. They always have a plan as you can see. Their manager Steven Gerrard knows what he's doing. Hopefully, if they can get a good draw they can do something as this is a really hard place to come, even without fans."

It’s refreshing to see honest compliments from an apposition manager

Our Brand is going through the roof this season!

We are special

Next season the pitch has to be a priority.
We have very good technical footballers and a very technical approach to the game which deserves a good surface.
Absolutely.

I would think that SG would make the board aware that the pitch needs upgraded.

If they don't already realise that

Always nice to hear that. We do play some awesome football. I actually love it when I hear certain others decry this team as it shows A) they know nothing about football or B) Bitterness

It’s normally B right enough as you don’t need to know much to see how good we are.

What makes it hard? It’s a bit of grass. I get it if there’s fans there but I’m puzzled why professionals can play on one bit of grass but not on another ???
You have to be good at dodging swooping seagull attacks while playing at Ibrox

Fair play to De Laet; nice comments about us there, and humility in defeat.
I wish him and Antwerp well.

What makes it hard? It’s a bit of grass. I get it if there’s fans there but I’m puzzled why professionals can play on one bit of grass but not on another ???
He's already said that the team always has a plan and that the manager knows what he's doing. Gerrard has turned Ibrox into a very hard place to win at, long may it continue

The most important praise comes from Stevie G and the fans.however love hearing honest opinions from folk with no agenda.

Nice, it makes a change from “we played better and lost” or “it was offside we should have won” or “we got beat but Scot Allan’s pass was world class” I genuinely despise the other clubs and most of the legacy media in Scotland they’ve fvcking repugnant whores.

Back