Road closures tonight at 8pm Morrison street/paisley road Diversions will be in place.

Mcphail1872

Official Ticketer
Haven't seen a thread but there is closures on morrison street/paisley Road from 8pm tonight. It's from Quay heading east.

Filming Morrison Street / Paisley Road​

Roads affected and dates and times of restriction applying to all vehicles, with the exception of an emergency service vehicle carrying out an emergency response or vehicles given permission from Glasgow City Council filming and events section.
From 20:00hrs on the 9 February 2022 until 06:00hrs on the 10 February 2022
From 20:00hrs on the 10 February 2022 until 06:00hrs on the 11 February 2022
From 20:00hrs on the 11 February 2022 until 06:00hrs on the 12 February 2022
Prohibition of vehicle movements

• Morrison Street between Patterson Street and Springfield Quay
  • Paisley Road between Springfield Quay and West Street
From 19:00hrs on the 9 February 2022 until 06:00hrs on the 10 February 2022
From 19:00hrs on the 10 February 2022 until 06:00hrs on the 11 February 2022
From 19:00hrs on the 11 February 2022 until 06:00hrs on the 12 February 2022
Prohibition of vehicle movements

• Carnoustie Street for its full length northbound (exit maintained from M74 off ramp to Scotland Street)
  • Wallace Street between Dalintober Street and Carnoustie Street
From 19:00hrs on the 9 February 2022 until 06:00hrs on the 10 February 2022
From 19:00hrs on the 10 February 2022 until 06:00hrs on the 11 February 2022
From 19:00hrs on the 11 February 2022 until 06:00hrs on the 12 February 2022
Subject to short term stop and hold by traffic management.

Riverview Drive with access and exit via Spingfield Quay
Reason for Restrictions
To facilitate a temporary restriction to allow filming to take place.
"vehicle" unless the context otherwise requires, means a vehicle of any description and includes a machine or implement of any kind drawn or propelled along roads whether or not by mechanical power;
"emergency service vehicle" means a vehicle being used by the Police, Fire or Ambulance Services and includes blood transfer vehicles operated by the NHS.
"Prohibition to vehicle movements" applying to all directions unless otherwise stated.
Diversion on Paisley Road West will be Seaward Street, Scotland Street and West Street.
Diversion on Morrison Street will be Patterson Street, Wallace St, Dalintober st, Carnoustie Street.

Heading up Dumbreck Road at junction with Mosspark Boulevard,towards M77, there is a road sign saying no access to M77 southbound.
The sign was there last night and this morning.
The access to the M77 southbound is fully open,used it last night and earlier today.

It genuinely feels like there has been roadworks near or on Paisleys Toad Tolll for years. I can’t remember the last time it was totally clear.

It genuinely feels like there has been roadworks near or on Paisleys Toad Tolll for years. I can’t remember the last time it was totally clear.
You’re not wrong but this is filming for Batgirl I think

I usually park down at milnpark street and head for m74 southbound, that’s that humped tonight if everybody from paisley rd is going to be heading up seaward street after the game.

Kingston Bridge is closed East Bound between 8pm and 6am every night for the majority of February - helpfully on Monday they also had the Clyde Tunnel down to one lane each way also!

Kingston Bridge is closed East Bound between 8pm and 6am every night for the majority of February - helpfully on Monday they also had the Clyde Tunnel down to one lane each way also!
No access to the M8 eastbound from the Clydeside Expressway the other night. Diverted up North Street to Charing Cross.

Are the roadworks still there at Anniesland train station? That’s a total nightmare.

Why not shut the Clyde Tunnel some more, just for fun and because the huns are playing at home. Seems par for the course.

I usually park down at milnpark street and head for m74 southbound, that’s that humped tonight if everybody from paisley rd is going to be heading up seaward street after the game.

Same boat as me .. don't think we'll be effected

I fully expect a section of the M77/A77 to be closed tonight as per usual on midweek games.

Heading up Dumbreck Road at junction with Mosspark Boulevard,towards M77, there is a road sign saying no access to M77 southbound.
The access to the M77 southbound is fully open,used it last night and earlier today.
Junction was shut for the Livingston game but seems to be open now

You would think the planners at Glasgow City Council CSC had a problem with Rangers playing midweek, so they deliberately allowed this to happen on a night they were playing…
Wait to start putting up crazy restrictions for parking near stadium
hopefully it never happens
wish the old railway station would open up near the garage near paisley road west

I think there has been works on the M77 at night over the last week. They were clearing it away for the morning when I was dropping at the airport.
Another factor for Southsiders to consider is that Haggs Road has temporary traffic lights at the moment, which will be a pain the rectal passage too this evening.

I don't like to be smug but I got the train tonight, I saw the road signs on Monday night and realised it would be carnage on Paisley Road. A joke they could not postpone filming or even open the road for 1 hour to allow traffic to ease.

The club need to actively petition for better transportation links to and from Ibrox. Every mode of transport is a disgrace.

underground queued back to the stadium constantly

driving, gridlock getting onto the M8 for more than an hour after the game finishes, same with the Clyde Arc and PRW.

Getting to the stadium tonight was a shambles… Aberdeen in October all over again.

The work on the M8… no idea if the Kingston bridge is open or closed but week after week they close the motorway before 10pm…. At the Stirling game it was M8 at Paisley… why does the club not engage with Transport Scotland?

I saw the sign at the weekend and assumed it was for repairing what is yet another disgrace of a road in Glasgow. Unbelievable that it’s closed for filming when there is a game on. How does that benefit me as a GCC council tax payer?

I saw the sign at the weekend and assumed it was for repairing what is yet another disgrace of a road in Glasgow. Unbelievable that it’s closed for filming when there is a game on. How does that benefit me as a GCC council tax payer?
It’s an absolute joke when they know 50,000 fans are a mile away

50 mins to go 50 yards tonight. Own fault as parked closer to ground due to the weather.

All the notices said roads closed at 8pm

Came off M74 at 6:45…. Eventually parked at The Quay at 7:30…. Missed the 1st goal….

Absolutely ridiculous

Well that was fun getting home, Ibrox to Kirky via Springburn drop-off 11:30pm. 3pts and a good performance made it bearable.

Between that and the blzzard conditions on the M77 last night, not a fun journey home from the game.

Shambles planning-wise.

Absolute joke last night at the Quay trying to get home, the road closure sign seemed to do nothing on Paisley Rd heading East, cars still heading down and then no option but to go into the Quay which created a huge bottle neck, luckily I got out ok but some of the cars must have been grid locked for a good while.

Didn't get on the M74 until about 2245, GCC yet again with another cluster to fcuk over Rangers fans, allowing them to have road closures and film on the night of a home game, absolute joke.

They were trying to restrict footpath access pre match too so they could film something. Didn't go well for them.
Who agrees to stuff like this when thousands of people are trying to get to a stadium nearby?
A council with an agenda and a hatred for one particular club?

Are the roadworks still there at Anniesland train station? That’s a total nightmare.

Why not shut the Clyde Tunnel some more, just for fun and because the huns are playing at home. Seems par for the course.
Yeah they're still there, down to one lane for about 50 yards across from the Morrisons and it causes tailbacks all the way along Crow Road.

End of Feb I heard for them

Back