Road works tomorrow on M73/74

Vespercooper

Official Ticketer
Driving through from Edinburgh tomorrow. Normally come off M8 and take the M73 to join the M74 at Daldowie/Cambuslang. Heard that there are road works at the junction and massive tail backs today. Is this true. Don’t want to miss start stuck in traffic.

Driving through from Edinburgh tomorrow. Normally come off M8 and take the M73 to join the M74 at Daldowie/Cambuslang. Heard that there are road works at the junction and massive tail backs today. Is this true. Don’t want to miss start stuck in traffic.
Its between Hamilton and bothwell services mate

The bit between Motherwell and Hamilton is having resurfacing work.

Wasn’t great today at 12.30ish, so %^*& knows what it’ll be like when it’s heavy.

I drove the M74 from Larkhall to Ibrox today and the road works on the M74 were all on the Hamilton side of the M73 junction.

Don't know what was happening on the M73 side of the junction though heading down from Stirling. Anyone else travel that section of road today?

With rush hour traffic etc it will lead to long tail backs I was stuck for about half hour on way home from work at 5 tonight

I drove the M74 from Larkhall to Ibrox today and the road works on the M74 were all on the Hamilton side of the M73 junction.

Don't know what was happening on the M73 side of the junction though heading down from Stirling. Anyone else travel that section of road today?
There’s no works s/b. The works are to fix the bridge over the Clyde n/b, it’s a 2-1-1 contraflow, so north of the works the s/b is restricted to 2 lanes to accommodate 1 of the n/b lanes.

Rush hour traffic expected delays during peek are up to an hour

Does anyone know if there were tailbacks heading south down the M73 around rush hour, coming down the hill from the Stirling side?

I think that's what the OP needs to know now.

He won't be travelling along the section that is affected but it occurs to me that traffic might have stacked back up the M73 because of the roadworks on the M74 southbound

Does anyone know if there were tailbacks heading south down the M73 around rush hour, coming down the hill from the Stirling side?

He won't be travelling along the section that is affected but it occurs to me that traffic might have stacked back up the M73 because of the roadworks on the M74 southbound
Your right Armenius. If I get stuck on that section there’s no way out.

Not anticipated on the m73

https://www.motherwelltimes.co.uk/n...-starts-on-raith-bridge-maintenance-1-4964979

Motorists should expect significant delays on the M74 at Junction 5 (Raith) as maintenance and re-waterproofing works are carried out on the Raith Bridge.

The work starts tomorrow (Tuesday) at 8pm and is expected to last around 10 days. A contraflow will be in operation on the M74 north and southbound between Junction 6 (Hamilton/Motherwell) and Bothwell Services, with a minimum of two lanes running in each direction.

A ‘Get in Lane, Stay in Lane’ system will be in operation for M74 northbound traffic approaching Junction 5.

A Transport Scotland spokesperson said: “Significant delays are expected during peak times and road users are advised to avoid the area if possible or use alternative modes of transport.”

Roads were bad yesterday due to an accident between govan and hillington with tailbacks all the way to Polmadie.

I was driving to Paisley, so came off at Polmadie, and drove up past Ibrox, along Shieldhall Road and back onto the motorway at Hillington.

If there are similar issues with the match, it might be an idea to do the same.

Back