Rob MacLean is now out a job once again

About 20 years ago, I did my work experience in BBC Scotland in Queen Margaret Drive.

The distain on MacLean's face when he found out I was a Rangers fan wasn't even subtle. I was 16 at the time and he completely blanked me from the moment he found out when he was supposed to be the one looking after me.

He found his level at Setanta, he was in the company of many poets in which he was happy with.

I don’t think McLean is that bad. I know he’s not a Rangers fan (He’s Paedos or Sheep, I can never remember which one) but he’s nowhere near as bad as is made out on here.

The bold Rob climaxed last night when Awesome Edward scored the equalizer which must have left quite a sticky mess in the commentary box.
I really hope he was made to clean it up before he left and forced to accept the bill for the Kleenex.
Watching the highlights I thought exactly the same. Then the Dane's second went in and he did exactly the same...

McLean's fourth-rate and no friend of Rangers. I don't care if I never hear his strangulated voice ever again

with it being Leverkusen, it will probably be the actual Scottish commentator for BT rather than one who should have been off the TV about 20 years ago

I used to like John Helm and Terry Butcher on channel 5 when they used to commentate on the Europa League a few years ago. Bring them back.

Does he? Would finding it surprising if that's true given he works for BBC Scotland. I think he travels on his own similar to the way Emma Dodds for example does when she covers our games.

I think he’s a consultant. BBC hire him for each match on a fee basis.

He found his level at Setanta, he was in the company of many poets in which he was happy with.
He told a 16 year old me that he was an Aberdeen fan.

Just gave me an insight in to the measure of the man that he opted to let the choice of football team of a young work experience completely alter his professionalism.

Why do we even need a commentator at all? I watch games at Ibrox and don’t need anyone to tell me “it was a great cross and header”, so why do I need that on TV?
Great point, as long as I can hear the crowd I'm happy

I’ve remembered Hamilton commentating on RTV when Tom Miller was on holiday or whatever.

I thought he sounded fine back then but the way he’s ejaculated at every Celtic goal in Europe...nah, not for me. It makes Clive Tylsley on an England game seem impartial.

Why do we even need a commentator at all? I watch games at Ibrox and don’t need anyone to tell me “it was a great cross and header”, so why do I need that on TV?
You're only saying that because of the utter gash we need to listen to.

A good commentator/pundit adds something to the game, instead of sucking the life right out it, like McLean, Walker, McLeod, Sutton etc do when covering us.

Except he’s mainly a rugby fan and he favours us... maybe it was just a commentator doing his job well?

There’s doing your job well, and then there’s referring to Celtic players by their pet names whilst pulling your plonker.

Hamilton falls into the latter.

Back