Rob MacLean is now out a job once again

maybe we'd be better keeping him because God is torturing him at the same time ........

even God knows Rob McLean is a c*nt

Rory Hamilton is a Bear being extremely professional and commentating in a positive manner about the "British" team on British Telecom Sport.

Give us Drury.

Switch over to the Arsenal game after the Manchester United game earlier.

First thing I hear:

"5 British teams vying to go through to the last 16, Rangers through from their heroic performance in Braga yesterday, Wolves losing 3-2 on the day but through on virtue of their first leg performance, Manchester United through with ease tonight, Celtic are out with a whimper and right here, Arsenal are in a dead heat going into extra time"

Ahh, I could drift off thinking of Fiorentina and Lisbon all over again.

Has he always been dreadful? So many incredible moments along this run and he’s tried his best to ruin them all.

fortunately I watch on Bleacher Report.

The bold Rob climaxed last night when Awesome Edward scored the equalizer which must have left quite a sticky mess in the commentary box.
I really hope he was made to clean it up before he left and forced to accept the bill for the Kleenex.

Rob Maclean travels on the team plane to these games

Is very cosy with Rangers officials...

Perhaps one of them could have a word ?

I actually don’t think he’s the worst. Got my wee tin hat ready

Compared to sky & BT domestic games he’s alright

Please hire Peter Drury and Jim Beglin.

I liked Beglin but the bassa got Carlos Cuellar sold.

He was almost orgasmic commenting on Carlos’ defensive heroics in the run to Manchester.

Robbie Earle was great as well back in the day. I mind him doing a pre-match piece trackside in Villarreal and he could hardly be heard as the Bears were serenading him at top voice, ‘One Robbie Earle, there’s only one Robbie Earle’. He actually looked quite emotional at the unexpected affection the bears had for him.

Of course it was nothing to do with any love for Robbie, the Bears were just delighted to see someone who was not a dyed in the wool mentally challenged covering us and actually looking for us to win.

Agreed, he's just a twat, but he's not as bad as I expected. Remember bears were going mad abotu Tom Miller being too ecstatic.

BTW, he may be classed as the "Rangers" commentator so could still be on. If he has been commentating every one of our games I dont want that to change, I'm not superstitious, just a little titious!

He's not that bad at all. I think he generally sounds the same when we score or concede. Some people seem to go out of their way to find offence or something to moan about

Rob Maclean travels on the team plane to these games

Is very cosy with Rangers officials...

Perhaps one of them could have a word ?

Does he? Would finding it surprising if that's true given he works for BBC Scotland. I think he travels on his own similar to the way Emma Dodds for example does when she covers our games.

Does he? Would finding it surprising if that's true given he works for BBC Scotland. I think he travels on his own similar to the way Emma Dodds for example does when she covers our games.

He certainly wasn`t on the same flight going to Rotterdam. The cnut was on the same flight as me. via London City airport (along with our own Alex Rae)

If we get Manchester United or Wolves then it should be either Darren Fletcher or Ian Drake, BT Sport won't use anyone else

Rory Hamilton is BT Sport's main Scottish commentator

Only three Scotsmen I'd accept as commentators for a Rangers game are Archie MacPherson, Tom Miller and Richard Park.

One of them is 108, another hasn't done a football match for 33 years and the third one works for Rangers TV.

Unless someone else offering Rangers a fair go at things has escaped my attention over the years.

Let's be honest here. I wouldn't complain if the commentators from Red TV or whatever the smelly channel is called doing their European games on telly. Not as if I watch that mob and I'd quite enjoy some teuchter in pain as the red scum lose to a mob with numbers in their name in the first week of July.

Him and Alex Rae were on the flight for Porto and Braga

Back