Robbie Crawford's journey of self-discovery

Would have loved him to make it with as he always seemed like a good guy who would give everything he had. Best of luck to him

Would have loved him to make it with as he always seemed like a good guy who would give everything he had. Best of luck to him
My boy and 2 of his pals went up to say hello to him in the Battery park in Greenock one day, when they asked him if he was Robbie Crawford he said no, disappointing way to act towards young fans.
Comes from good stock though so I wish him well.

My boy and 2 of his pals went up to say hello to him in the Battery park in Greenock one day, when they asked him if he was Robbie Crawford he said no, disappointing way to act towards young fans.

Surprised to hear that. Myself and my nephew met him in Glasgow and he was asking the wee man where he sat at Ibrox and favourite player etc. Chatted for 10 mins and took a photo. Seemed like a really decent lad

Maybe it was "the wrong Robbie Crawford" Flute.:p

Surprised to hear that. Myself and my nephew met him in Glasgow and he was asking the wee man where he sat at Ibrox and favourite player etc. Chatted for 10 mins and took a photo. Seemed like a really decent lad
I was surprised myself mate, the boy comes from a well respected family.

Never saw a player who was so consistently near the ball whilst attacking or defending without actually influencing the play.

But he seems like a good guy so good luck to him in the final

Seeing it from Robbie Crawfords point of view, he's in the park relaxing, three strangers ask "are you Robbie Crawford". Easy answer is to say no, for all he knows the three boys may have been poets (and Greenock is infested with them) who just want to ruin his day by giving abuse.

Seeing it from Robbie Crawfords point of view, he's in the park relaxing, three strangers ask "are you Robbie Crawford". Easy answer is to say no, for all he knows the three boys may have been poets (and Greenock is infested with them) who just want to ruin his day by giving abuse.
That would be a terrific point if my boy and his 2 mates never had the combined age of 19 and wearing Rangers tops.

Really enjoyed reading that and it’s refreshing to hear how he’s loving his football.

It still baffles me just how much fitness this guy has got.

robbie falls into something that really annoys me when people say "mccoist should have played youth " he did play youth , with a blend of experience

crawford , mckay , perry , little , hutton , chris hegarty , mcleod , aird and naismith all played a significant amount of games , its just the current crop weren't great , naismith has carved out a decent career , mckay has done ok and mcleod has been decent when fit , rest were not up to standard

best of luck to the kid tho always tried and worked hard

Really enjoyed reading that and it’s refreshing to hear how he’s loving his football.

It still baffles me just how much fitness this guy has got.
He's a football player who looks after himself and by all accounts is a consummate pro, hardly baffling that he is really fit.

robbie falls into something that really annoys me when people say "mccoist should have played youth " he did play youth , with a blend of experience

crawford , mckay , perry , little , hutton , chris hegarty , mcleod , aird and naismith all played a significant amount of games , its just the current crop weren't great , naismith has carved out a decent career , mckay has done ok and mcleod has been decent when fit , rest were not up to standard

best of luck to the kid tho always tried and worked hard
I agree. The clamour for an all rangers youth team was a bit baffling tbh, simply put the majority of our youths weren't good enough to get us out of the lower leagues.

He's a football player who looks after himself and by all accounts is a consummate pro, hardly baffling that he is really fit.

When he was with us the squad would do circuits or a bleep test and when everyone else would be on the floor unable to move, Robbie would still be going.

That’s what baffles me.

It was well documented and spoken about at the time but thanks for the accusatory post chum.

When he was with us the squad would do circuits or a bleep test and when everyone else would be on the floor unable to move, Robbie would still be going.

That’s what baffles me.

It was well documented and spoken about at the time but thanks for the accusatory post chum.
Probably more to do with training with lumps of wood like Kevin Kyle and such likes.
You are easily baffled.

Robbie’s a cracking lad tee total aswell went on a lads holiday with my mates boys when they where all stoating in at all 6/7am he would go a run before going to bed

Probably more to do with training with lumps of wood like Kevin Kyle and such likes.
You are easily baffled.

Fucksake mate it was in the national news about his fitness.

The Express: 'did 10k in 36 minutes'
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/414804/Robbie-Crawford-is-Rangers-marathon-man

The club's website: 'Fittest player I've encountered'
https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/an-incredible-athlete/

I'm paying him a compliment and you're going off on one at me.

Robbie’s a cracking lad tee total aswell went on a lads holiday with my mates boys when they where all stoating in at all 6/7am he would go a run before going to bed
Sounds like he needs his hole.
Good on him though, a lot of lads think they have made it when they break through and become less interested in the hsrd work and more interested in the celebrity shite.

Fucksake mate it was in the national news about his fitness.

The Express: 'did 10k in 36 minutes'
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/414804/Robbie-Crawford-is-Rangers-marathon-man

The club's website: 'Fittest player I've encountered'
https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/an-incredible-athlete/

I'm paying him a compliment and you're going off on one at me.
Think you need to calm down a bit mate, i'm not going off on one at you ffs.
I just don't get why you are baffled by the boys fitness that's all.
Impressed or fascinated aye fair enough but it's hardly baffling.

Back