Robbie Fowler

Teddy bear

Official Ticketer
I seem to remember a young Robbie Fowler was often talking about his love of Rangers back in the day, I don't think I imagined this Haha.
Wonder if he still feels the same, I'd have thought with Gerrard being here that we'd have heard a bit more from him again.
Bit of a pointless thread I know but am bored.

Yes, it is a pointless thread but I'll add some more pointless info. He was apparently quite close/a proper target for signing in Jan 2006 during Eck's last season.

I’m sure I remember somebody’s testimonial years ago where he played for Rangers for one of the halves. I wasn’t there but I’m sure I heard something about it. I don’t know if anyone else remembers something??
Alan McLaren's versus Boro.
If I remember correctly, he was also meant to play a half in Walter's Testimonial against Liverpool, but he was injured.

I’m sure I remember somebody’s testimonial years ago where he played for Rangers for one of the halves. I wasn’t there but I’m sure I heard something about it. I don’t know if anyone else remembers something??
Alan McLaren a hink am sure he played a half for us half for them

His agent George Scott stayed in Bothwell and Robbie used to come up regularly to get away from Liverpool. George was a Rangers man and Robbie had an affection for us as a result. As said above he played for us in Alan McLarens testimonial.

Prime Flowler was a hell of a finisher, clinical. Also responsible for one of the most iconic/controversial goal celebrations of my youth. Was only a wean and yet I remember all the uproar really clearly.

article-1084563-0018F7B100000258-765_468x300.jpg

im sure he got into us through his adulation for trevor steven

It was p, he wa an Everton fan and then his idol was Steven and followed Steven when he joined Rangers.

I’ve meet Robbie a few times and he’s a top bloke and definitely a Bear.

Meet him at a random Hearts game also when he was injured with Liverpool towards the end of his career, certainly no denying he enjoyed watching the Bears.

I asked Fowler in Dublin of all places if he ever got asked to play for us. He said that many people had asked him that but he was never approached. I thanked him for his time and walked away. He then shouted loudly back "I take it you support the Teddy Bears"

That dear Bears is what you call a classic cool story bro.

His agent George Scott stayed in Bothwell and Robbie used to come up regularly to get away from Liverpool. George was a Rangers man and Robbie had an affection for us as a result. As said above he played for us in Alan McLarens testimonial.

Played amateur fitba with George.

WATP

What a player he was. Any chance he had within 18 yards, it normally resulted in a goal.

Very intelligent with his money as well. Probably earns more now than what he did as a player.

I was on the same flight as the Liverpool legends a couple of years ago and talking to Robbie he is most definitely a bear.
He is also a brilliant ambassador for LFC and nothing was to much trouble for him when approached by people wanting to talk or looking for a photograph

I met him at Gerrard’s testimonial dinner (at the next table - surreal). He heard the accent, asked who I supported, told him and he said ‘poor result today’ ( or something along those lines). We got beat that day and this was when we were in League 2. Following our journey?

I loved the rumour about him and Alan Smith.

We Then moved onto the Defoe rumour in 2007, least that one came through.

He was linked to us again in 2007 a few months after Walter returned. His agent made it clear that it wasn’t a money move and he was still only 32 at the time.

Surprised we didn’t move for him. The one that got away for me, I’d have loved to have seen him in a Rangers strip.

Robbie Fowler keen on summer switch to Rangers

Robbie Fowler wants to sign for Rangers this summer and score the goals that would take them into the Champions League next season.
The 32-year-old striker is a free agent after being released by Liverpool at the end of the last campaign. He has also been linked with moves to Celtic and LA Galaxy, but it has now emerged that his heart is set on a move to Ibrox.

The former Liverpool and Leeds United striker has had an affinity with Rangers since his boyhood hero, Trevor Steven, moved from Everton to Ibrox in 1992. He has been linked with a move north of the border on several occasions and the move could now finally materialise. It is understood that he would fall within the club's wage structure.
A representative of the player said last night: "Robbie wants to play for Rangers. It would be ideal for him. He wants to come and add medals to his collection. It would be a major boost for the fans.
"Commercially, it would also be beneficial in terms of the number of strips they would sell. He could also score the goals that would qualify them for the Champions League. The signing would pay for itself.
"Money wages is not an issue. He wants to come to Rangers and he wants to win medals. That is the issue."
Rangers are understood to be keen to strike a deal, though they harbour reservations about his age. Fowler, who was in Scotland earlier this week playing golf, turned 32 in April, though one of Rangers' pre-season captures, French striker Jean-Claude D'Archeville, is also 32 next month.
Any move for Fowler, who made 23 appearances for Liverpool last season and scored seven goals may hinge on the club's ability to secure other signing targets. They are currently in discussions with PSV Eindhoven in a bid to sign DaMarcus Beasley, the 25-year-old winger who scored twice for the United States in a 4-0 win over El Salvador in the Gold Cup yesterday.
It is understood that a fee of around £700,000 has been agreed and the move could be finalised imminently. Rangers are also in talks with Osasuna defender Carlos Cuellar, while they could step up their pursuit of Steven Naismith over the next week.
The Ibrox club have had a £400,000 bid for the player rejected by Kilmarnock and have yet to return with an improved offer. Celtic have also enquired about the 20-year-old, while an unnamed English club have also had a bid of £1.7m rejected.
Kilmarnock have stated their intention to sit down with Naismith and negotiate improved terms to offset any potential loss of earnings he may incur should he remain at Rugby Park beyond the summer.
Michael Johnston, the Ayrshire club's chairman, said negotiations with their prized asset were not an urgent priority. "Steven is still on holiday," he said. "The squad will be coming back at the end of June for pre-season training, so we might wait until then."
Meanwhile, Rangers have dropped their interest in Adda Djeziri, writes Mark Wilson.
The 18-year-old Danish forward, part of the double-winning Under-19 squad last season, moved to Ibrox in January on loan from Frem BK, with the option to make the deal permanent for a fee in the region of £100,000. However, it seems Rangers have decided they have better options within the crop of homegrown talent at Murray Park.
"Adda is back in Denmark and I expect that he will play for Frem next season," said Hans Hermansen, Frem's sporting director. "I don't think Rangers will come back in for him. Our understanding is that they have decided not to offer him a contract."

Was at the Boro game too, still got the programme. Remember being absolutely buzzing at school the next day after seeing Fowler play for us!
Must've been a strange experience at the time, Fowler playing for us, Gazza playing against us the Kenny Dalgliesh coming on

His book is a great read
Also a pity he got banned from BBC for slagging woman’s football , he only said what we where all thinking as who really wants to watch woman’s football

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/BJF220/011197-rangers-fan-robbie-fowler-will-be-hoping-to-turn-out-at-Ibrox-BJF220.jpg

Random but that home top always reminds me of Kevin & Perry Go Large.

The scene where they arrive in Ibiza there's a guy in the background wearing it.

I seem to remember a young Robbie Fowler was often talking about his love of Rangers back in the day, I don't think I imagined this Haha.
Wonder if he still feels the same, I'd have thought with Gerrard being here that we'd have heard a bit more from him again.
Bit of a pointless thread I know but am bored.

lol. Isn't that how 99 per cent of threads originate on FF?
Bored at home - have a wank. Bored at work - create a FF thread.

Would have loved for us to have signed him. What a player he was.

We should have went for him around the time we signed Flo.

Back