Robbie McCrorie

Watched a bit of the Scum game until they went 3 up.

Thought he was poor at several of the goals, Will need a lot of improvement if he’s going to be our number 1.
To watch the scum game you must have paid celtc tv to watch it. Unless you watched a stream.

He is still young, esp for a gk but ever last season for a short spell at Livi he was poor. Far to early to tell if he will be our number 1.

No one is writing him off I just said he’s far from ready to even be our number two on current form.
I prefer seeing him getting game time at Livi and learning from mistakes than warming out bench. You don't improve sitting on the bench.

(although I think sometimes in the world of FF, some players do!)

We are tough audience at times, especially for young players. The level of expectation at this club has never been diminished, even after our period in the lower leagues, and even, at times with a much reduced budget, which in itself is interesting. McCrorie is at this moment in time a Livingston player; it's wrong to say how good he will or won't be in a Rangers top one day when he is elsewhere and still very much gaining much needed experience.

I prefer seeing him getting game time at Livi and learning from mistakes than warming out bench. You don't improve sitting on the bench.

(although I think sometimes in the world of FF, some players do!)

I agree he needs possibly 2 more seasons on loan.

Maybe I’ve fallen in to the hype on here that he’s going to be our next number one and was pretty disappointed with what I was watching.

Maybe I’ve fallen in to the hype on here that he’s going to be our next number one and was pretty disappointed with what I was watching.
I haven't read any hype about him; he has potential and there's hope he will be a top keeper, but there are no guarantees.

I haven't read any hype about him; he has potential and there's hope he will be a top keeper, but there are no guarantees.

Been plenty on here mate , He was going to walk in as number one after this season on loan which is never happening.

As I will say again I ain’t writing him off but I was disappointed in what I seen from him.

There are a lot of “Rangers fans” who appear to have watched Celtic today to criticize McCrorie in such detail. Either you’ve paid to watch it on Celtic TV or ESPN+, or you have gone out of your way to find a stream, both of which are strange behaviors for Bears when there are much better games available. Just observing.

As for McCrorie, if he is so terrible, why would Livi want him back a second time, or Clarke pick him for the Scotland squad. Let’s give the boy a chance to keep developing. We clearly don’t need him for the next couple of seasons.

There are a lot of “Rangers fans” who appear to have watched Celtic today to criticize McCrorie in such detail. Either you’ve paid to watch it on Celtic TV or ESPN+, or you have gone out of your way to find a stream, both of which are strange behaviors for Bears when there are much better games available. Just observing.

As for McCrorie, if he is so terrible, why would Livi want him back a second time, or Clarke pick him for the Scotland squad. Let’s give the boy a chance to keep developing. We clearly don’t need him for the next couple of seasons.
Yes. Very unsettling.

I like to form my own opinions of players, and try not to get too excited or too critical of young players based on a handful of appearances.

I have not seen much of McCrorie so I don’t have any idea of how good he is or could be, but I do know that, like most young keepers, he needs time and space to develop, which hopefully he’ll get at Livi.

Threads like this are why we don’t see so many youngsters break through. A young keeper out on loan to learn his trade. Why would a real Rangers fan come on and slag him off. Start a whole thread about slagging of a young player. What is the point. He has much to learn. Hence why he has gone out in loan. He has been MOM several times for Livi but you choose one game against good opposition to slag him off.

This attitude is why it is so hard for young players to get a break at Ibrox.

We are tough audience at times, especially for young players. The level of expectation at this club has never been diminished, even after our period in the lower leagues, and even, at times with a much reduced budget, which in itself is interesting. McCrorie is at this moment in time a Livingston player; it's wrong to say how good he will or won't be in a Rangers top one day when he is elsewhere and still very much gaining much needed experience.

There’s being a tough audience and having expectations of young players far and away from reality. Want a 22 year old keeper who looks totall assured and doesn’t have a few dodgy spells? Prepare to battle every club on the planet and pay £60m+. He’s learning how to be a better footballer, doing us %^*& all harm, and being a long term prospect requires a long term to be a prospect in.

Honestly think some of the pressure being put on our younger players because “we’re Rangers and you should walk out of the academy ready to score 40 goals and 20 assists and if you haven’t done both in three starts you’re done for” is fucking embarrassing and small time as shit.

A goalie is only as good as the defenders in front of them. Didn’t see their game but could that have been a factor in a poor performance? If a defence is lacking in confidence it can often make the goalie jittery

Biggest takeaway from that game is that Celtic are a team of good players winning in spite of their manager, and have conceded twice first against inferior opposition.

eventually that will catch up to them.

Threads like this are why we don’t see so many youngsters break through. A young keeper out on loan to learn his trade. Why would a real Rangers fan come on and slag him off. Start a whole thread about slagging of a young player. What is the point. He has much to learn. Hence why he has gone out in loan. He has been MOM several times for Livi but you choose one game against good opposition to slag him off.

This attitude is why it is so hard for young players to get a break at Ibrox.

He had a poor game no one is slagging him.

He’s a long way to go before he’s ready for our first team on today’s showing.

Maybe it was an isolated bad game but several posters said he’s had a poor start to the season.

He’s a Rangers player no matter who he’s on loan too and it’s a discussion forum.

Saw Celtic's first goal and the OP is being more than harsh if he's blaming McCrorie for it, smashed from 18 yards and a big deflection.

No I certainly haven’t paid I put it on because Livingston were 1 up.
The reason I never put their games on, they always score & get the win. Really don't understand why folk turn it over, just leave & hope they drop points

Saw Celtic's first goal and the OP is being more than harsh if he's blaming McCrorie for it, smashed from 18 yards and a big deflection.

Nothing wrong with the First goal no one would have saved it.

If you read my posts you will see I’ve said he nearly gifted a goal before the second and should have done a lot better at the third.

The reason I never put their games on, they always score & get the win. Really don't understand why folk turn it over, just leave & hope they drop points

Often end up disappointed but the odd occasion it’s worth it more so in Europe :))

Just seen all the goals from the game. He’s not at fault for the first two at all. The third, he’s got himself caught in no mans lad and made it very easy for whoever it was that scored it.

Just seen all the goals from the game. He’s not at fault for the first two at all. The third, he’s got himself caught in no mans lad and made it very easy for whoever it was that scored it.

Did you see where he fluffed a shot that was an easy save before the second goal and was incredibly lucky they didn’t score ??

Back