Robbie McCrorie

Weren't very convincing today. But haven't seen enough of him playing to say if he'd be good enough. Still has time to develop and with every bit of experience he will gain consistency for sure.

It won't go down well but he's looked poor for Livingston this season. Their defence hasn't helped in all fairness but a lot of the goals he's conceded he could have done better with .
I'd be quite happy for him to make his mistakes and learn while he's out on loan and hopefully come back to us a better goalkeeper, unfortunately for us his mistakes appear to have come against the scum but fingers crossed there is plenty improvement to come from the youngster.

It’s well informed reasoned posts like this that make this thread such a joy.
I don’t need to be informed,I just need to look back at our record at bringing players through our youth system and it proves my point,The odds a well and truly stacked against him.
Love to be proved wrong but I’d be very surprised if I will be.

Absolutely. I certainly wouldn't be writing him off just yet, he's still young and obviously shown promise.

IMO he will be released/leave Rangers at the end of the season.

He won't be released he just signed a 3 year extension. He will go out on loan more than likely again next season which does his development no harm. He's 21/22 he's going to make mistakes at this age so better he does it now.

TimScene is on BBC Scotland at 7.30pm so I'll judge it then.
He has looked a good goalie to me so far, he is young so if he did have a stinker today he will recover.
At least Timmy didn't rack up a bigger win so you never know goal difference may be important in the end.

Social media probably wasn’t a thing when McGregor was at Dunfermline and St Johnstone.

I bet he had some shite days back then, also.

Was working with a livi fan this week he doesnt think mccrorie is upto much and the keeper that played against us looks better, hope he turns it round makes me apprehesive wearing it however.

For the importance of a number one keeper we will always bring someone in.

It is highly unlikely we will see a keeper come through the ranks and establish himself as the number one keeper at Rangers. And if they are that good there is a fair chance he will be snapped up by a club in England anyway.

Personally I don't see a future at Rangers for McCrorie.

And McLaughlin will be the number one at Rangers for the next few years.

It is highly unlikely we will see a keeper come through the ranks and establish himself as the number one keeper at Rangers. And if they are that good there is a fair chance he will be snapped up by a club in England anyway.

Utter rubbish !!! And btw McGregor is a far better keeper than McLaughlin who hasn’t been tested yet he has made a couple of howlers in recent games but got lucky and got away with them. He is a decent understudy much like Alexander was but that is it. When McGregor goes we will sign a proper Number 1

Couldn't tell us why? He had rave reviews from the academy then rave reviews at every loan club he's been at.

Just sounds like he's having a rough start to the season which isn't exactly unheard of for a 22-year-old GK.

That’s the point mate. Rave reviews at youth level don’t count for much and neither do loans to lower league clubs. A player can only really be judged at the level they aspire to play at.

McLaughlin is a decent keeper, said it before he came & point still stands. He is not a Rangers number 1 though.

Watched a bit of the Scum game until they went 3 up.

Thought he was poor at several of the goals, Will need a lot of improvement if he’s going to be our number 1.
Assume by 'severa'l, rather than one, or a couple, you mean all of their goals?

That’s the point mate. Rave reviews at youth level don’t count for much and neither do loans to lower league clubs. A player can only really be judged at the level they aspire to play at.

He was good for Livingston last season in the league we play in.

I’m just giving you the reasons why people think he’ll do well for us.

Assume by 'severa'l, rather than one, or a couple, you mean all of their goals?

No I didn’t word it right.

No blame for first or second but nearly caused one before the second and made a howler at the third.

Last edited:
Defending for their goals today absolutely chronic. Poor from mcrorie for the third, but thats why he’s there, to learn. Hopefully will never happen again, people just raging because they came close to dropping points.

First goal was a deflection. He had the shot covered and would have saved it but for the deflection. He had no chance with the second goal which was from point-blank range. The third was problematic. Had he advanced a further two yards he might have been able to close down the scorer. He came so far and stopped. But this is his learning process. Does anyone remember Andy Goram’s first few months with us when everyone was questioning his ability?

Like the cup final he played in?

Can't blame young players for wanting away from us with the rockets in our support
It may be unfortunate but we are in a position where we are in a poor league, where we cannot afford to drop many points if we are to stand a chance of winning a title. That may make it harder to blood young players but the fact remains that young players train with the squad when they are on the fringes of being in the first team. If they were good enough, they would get their chance. Why we aren’t producing better young players is more of the issue and that is on the club, not the fans. Having a go at fans isn’t helpful. We have a wonderful support that most clubs would be jealous of. All clubs have rockets.

Not saying good goalies are 10 a penny but it is a position quite easily filled as there are loads of good ones around, i will be more than surprised if young Robbie is anywhere near our nets anytime soon, i wish him well but you see what quality we picked up for free pre season and this is what he will be up against.

First was a deflection , not his fault
second looked offside n defence sleeping
Third however he came out for it n hesitated & left the poet with a big gap to shoot at

he will learn from it

He was at fault for the 3rd goal, very poor goalkeeping. Not seen much of him but that’s a couple of times I have seen him in no mans land when he comes out and gets nowhere near the ball. The same thing happened in a pre season friendly last season. Hopefully the boy learns from it.

Our support are brutal with young players. If you’re not developed into a top class first team player by 21 you’re a dud.

In general terms 21 is still very young, especially for a keeper. He’ll be fine

Hes nowhere near being our number one, a massive gap between McGregor/McLaughlin and Robbie. Hes still a baby in goalkeeping terms though so got plenty of time to catch up. Getting plenty of games this year will be massive for him.

We are brutal against our young players and have been for a long time. He needs games at a high level without the pressure of stopping them getting 10. Give him a 2 year loan deal and revisit in 2022.

Back