Robbie Neilson: it was a red card but could the ref handle it differently? maybe

How do you handle that differently? Send Matondo off as well like when Morelos got sent off for getting two footed in the face?

We are now in the situation where managers are comfortable suggesting refs should have different rules in games against Rangers.
He's basically saying he should've been given the opportunity to sub him off because it's been done against us a few times already.
Laughable that this is being entertained by the media when you see what happened to us at easter road this season.
Both Neilson and Devlin probably are thinking that in a number of previous matches against us, Devlin has committed numerous fouls and has got away with persistent fouling with no cards or got a yellow in the 85th minute after his eighth bad challenge.

He is saying that his player got sent off because the referee was biased towards us. What other interpretation is there? An unbelievable opinion if you watch it back. An ankle snapping vicious challenge.

It's not the first time he's come out with some pish after we've beaten one of his team's. Guys a pr1ck in the same way Derek mcinnes is.

Robbie “Harvey Dent” Neilson. I swear I’ve yet to see him be consistent in his views in any post-match interviews.

Even the smallest excuse is enabling behaviour that every manager has a responsibility to cut-out.

Devlin is a dirty wee bastard against us. Wonder if he is like that against other teams or is it just ingrained into his mentality to hate us.

Yep the ref should have let him stay on so he could crock one of our players properly. Probably deemed it to be a stupid red card because the tackle did not affect the game by having one of our players seriously injured.

I don’t blame him for asking the question referees let teams kick rangers players for free in every game

He is actually shocked we got a correct decision

I don't even know what that means. I'm all for alternatives in the future like 10/15/20 minute sin bins for diving or whatever, but it was a horrific action that was lucky not to seriously injure a player.
The %^*& are you actual talkin' about Neilson ya madman!?

That Delvin was getting away with everything. Surely an experienced manager would know the player's luck was running out. Probably should have subbed him before the Matondo attack.

Only criticism is the ref should have already booked Delvin.

Neilson is a crank

Yep the ref should have let him stay on so he could crock one of our players properly. Probably deemed it to be a stupid red card because the tackle did not affect the game by having one of our players seriously injured.
Yes, but I think Matondo was lucky.
His foot may be bruised and he may still find himself unable to play this week.
It was red card of the deepest shade.

UPDATE: Notice of Complaint | Robbie Neilson, Team Staff, Heart of Midlothian​

Tuesday 19 October 2021
Alleged Party in Breach: Robbie Neilson, Team Staff, Heart of Midlothian FC

Date: 16 October 2021

Competition: Scottish Premiership

Match: Rangers FC v Heart of Midlothian FC

Disciplinary Rules allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 203 –
No member of Team Staff shall commit Misconduct at a match.

Principal hearing date: Thursday 4 November 2021

He has previous.

It’s the bit at the end that gets to me, it’s a clear red against any opponent but he has to throw in ‘the refs always favour the old firm’ comment as if they would have got away with it against Motherwell

You could have bet your house on him coming out with pish like this , it's true to form for him .
In games against us , Devlin has got away bad / late tackles umpteen times ; The red card yesterday is long overdue , and well merited .
Came to say this.
Devlin has been allowed that behavior multiple times against us that's why he was so shocked to seethe red cone out.
Well ovedue and indefensible.
He ran 30 yards to stamp on Matondo.
Idiot

Shows how used to getting away with assaulting Rangers players without sanction against their players these diddy teams have become.

TBF Neilson probably wants consistency and the ref to tell him to sub the player instead like we've seen this season.

how can anyone take him seriously after he compromised the integrity of the league with a weakened side at the piggery

What's he on aboot man? Does he mean the players surrounding the ref? If Lundstram or Jack done that to McKay, the whole of the purple part of Edinburgh would've been on the pitch greetin.

His team got scudded at home and his plastic hardman midfielder disgraced himself so he acts the c*nt to the media to appeal to the idiot brigade of Scottish football.

Tramp.

Back