Robby McCrorie - debut in Premiership

Seems our young keeper had an exceptional night and started his career in the top flight with a clean sheet.

Livingston head coach Gary Holt: "Robby McCrorie, for his debut and being a young lad coming in, was exceptional.

"His handling was perfect - he knew when to come and stay and helped the boys in front of him. He made crucial saves and didn't look flustered."

Well done young man.
Well done young man a star in the making

Great news for the youngster. Following the same path as McGregor with a couple of successful loans deals before hopefully becoming our No.1 in a few seasons time.

Can't really ask for anything more for a goalie's top flight debut.

It feels like in the next 2-3yrs we have the potential to see a number of really promising players step up into the first team.

Hopefully this is the beginnings of a promising new era!

Another season and a half of first team action at an SPFL team will be great for his development

This is great to hear. I said on the other thread about McCrorie last evening that McGregor was about 18 months older than Robby is now when he became our first choice. This loan is his chance to make a mark and show what he can do at the top level.

Good to see. I would loan him out again next season to help him further develope until the time comes and hopefully with continued developement he will suceed McGregor.

Just watched the highlights there. Good stop with his feet and brave to come out and block. Eager to get off his line but with how high the Livi defensive line was, i can't blame him for trying to close the gap.

There is no point him wasting on the bench as number 2 next season. He needs games to develop.

So loan him out until he’s ready to take his place as number 1.

This. At a young age you need games so the best thing is to keep him loaned out until McGregor retires.

If he's better than our backup do you send him out on loan?
Back up keepers are there for when your number one gets injured.
Yes absolutely. We can pick up a decent back up like Hladky from St Mirren to be bac up. Surely you can see that 40 first team appearances for him will benefit the player and us in the long term rather than being a bench warmer?

There is no point him wasting on the bench as number 2 next season. He needs games to develop.

So loan him out until he’s ready to take his place as number 1.
Anyone that wants him warming the bench next year is mental. Given Gerrards comment about how good an opportunity Livingston loan is for him, I have a feeling he will agree.

Yes absolutely. We can pick up a decent back up like Hladky from St Mirren to be bac up. Surely you can see that 40 first team appearances for him will benefit the player and us in the long term rather than being a bench warmer?
Young Mcgregor missed large chunks of seasons with injury.
We've been lucky so far.

If Robbie is solid there is no harm in playing him in all Cup games next season.
Plus a few games v teams like St Mirren and Hamilton who come to park the bus and offer little.

You could expect to see him maybe 20 times for Rangers.
First 2 qualifiers in Europe, friendlies, Cup games and a few league games. Covering for an Injured or suspended Mcgregor.

It's not black and white.

Well done Robby. Good keepers don't come cheap so hopefully he'll be ready to take over from McGregor when he calls it a day.

I know a couple of QOS fans and they rated him very highly, think we are building him up nicely to take the gloves at Ibrox.

Looking good. Strong steady progress being shown exactly what we need from a youngster

Fingers crossed we have our replacement for shagger.

Depends on your definition of 'youth'. He's 21, has a professional contract with Rangers and is in the first-team squad.

We are talking about goalkeepers who are always late developers compared to outfield players, especially with the top sides.

Robbie might not get the gloves as our 1st choice till he is 24 and nobody would bat an eyelid. However if his brother Ross cannot command a starting place with us by the end of next season fair to say most would say his time at us is up.

Last edited:
We are talking about goalkeepers who are always late developers compared to outfield players, especially with the top sides.

Robbie might not get the gloves as our 1st choice till he is 24 and nobody would get an eyelid. However is his brother Ross cannot command a starting place with us by the end of next season fair to say most would say his time at us is up.

My point is, folk are saying McGregor was not a youth when he went on loan aged 21 to Dunfermaline... but that McCrorie is.

Typing his name in to Twitter and reading the comments is pleasing.

Livi fans gushing over him, saw some say its the best debut they’ve ever seen from a Livi player.

Reading his stats from QOS and he was the number 1 keeper in the league for “claims”. Seems to have a real authority over his box and comes out to catch crosses a lot.

He has to be brought back as number 2 playing cup games next season with a view to taking the mantle the following year. Shags will be down to 3 burds a night by then and won't last forever.

Amazing start for McCrorie. Given how highly rated he is, it's good to see him following in McGregor's footsteps with his loans and impressing each time at a bigger club with each move.

I think people sometimes forget just how much experience McGregor got at Dunfermline and St Johnstone which equipped him well when it eventually got to breaking point with Letizi.

Shame the Livi fans didn't turn out in numbers exceeding 376 to see it all the same. Something really has to be done at Scottish football in that sense.

This is massively exciting. If he can prove himself in the Prem then his eventual place as Rangers #1 is surely in motion...

Seems our young keeper had an exceptional night and started his career in the top flight with a clean sheet.

Livingston head coach Gary Holt: "Robby McCrorie, for his debut and being a young lad coming in, was exceptional.

"His handling was perfect - he knew when to come and stay and helped the boys in front of him. He made crucial saves and didn't look flustered."

Well done young man.
Good to hear. I'm nervous about what happens when Greegs hangs up the gloves in the next year or two. Having another academy product replace him would be fantastic.

He has to be brought back as number 2 playing cup games next season with a view to taking the mantle the following year. Shags will be down to 3 burds a night by then and won't last forever.

I think he'd be better out on loan playing every week than sitting on our bench. Even if it's just a loan for the first half of next season

Hopefully has a solid few months and could be number 2 to shagger with a view to take over him the following season

Watched him on Alba this morning.Really looks the part ,brave,and quick off his line to balls played through his defence .Think that was his 5th or 6th MOM performance this season .With Wes going he will be no2 to McGregor next season I have no doubts. Huge future ahead of the guy.

Back