Robby McCrorie speaks about his loan spells

Saw him at Cappielow a few times 2nd half of the season , played almost every game and was excellent, very assured in everything he done , another year down there wouldn't do him any harm if he's not going to feature in the first team squad.

Saw him at Cappielow a few times 2nd half of the season , played almost every game and was excellent, very assured in everything he done , another year down there wouldn't do him any harm if he's not going to feature in the first team squad.
Hopefully his time at Morton will give him invaluable experience and he will have a big future with us.

Would like us to start using SPL where possible for loans out. A club like Hearts maybe.

Get to see much more of our player, see how they cope in the league we are in, strengthen sides against our rivals and can’t play against us.

I'd be offering his services to Livingston if Liam Kelly has the rumoured 50k release fee and goes in the summer.

Hopefully his time at Morton will give him invaluable experience and he will have a big future with us.

Unfortunately at the same time Andrew Dallas was also on loan at Cappielow , JJ rated the lad highly as far as I'm aware but didn't play him much over the 6 months or so that he was there . Mostly coming off the bench , worked ok for Robby but not for Andy . But as I said previously I'd be happy for Robby to have a full season at the tail of the bank .

Supposedly he's one of the highest rated youth keepers in Europe. I'dike us to keep him as back up to McGregor this season so he can work and learn from him so hopefully once McGregor hangs up his gloves we wont have to worry about getting a keeper as good as Allan

If he’s going out on loan again, I hope its a professional club - as in one that’s not just looking for a cheap keeper - one that is similar to ours. Something in championship perhaps or at a push a good club abroad with decent training facilities, player development and good coaches.

Wishful thinking, but I’m sure our club’s coaches wont just dump the boy somewhere. Fingers crossed for him!

As I understand it the club really do believe that Robbie is the real deal. A year ago the plan / hope was that he would take over from McGregor at the end of next season. I guess that McGregor’s form this season might change things, maybe pushing Robbie’s chance a further year down the road. Next season is likely a big season for him - I would guess that he is plenty good enough to be the number 2 but that the club will nonetheless want him to go out on loan to a team of a decent standard for the season.

Agreed, but harder for a team to sign a GK on loan knowing they can’t play against the parent club, than an outfield position.
Can we not take out the non-compete clause or is there a rule against it to avoid potential match fixing?

Decent loan spell down South would be ideal.

Saying that, McGregor had St Johnstone and Dunfermline.

Definitely not needed to sit on the bench at that age. Total waste of development time.

Remember them as boys. Ross was good but Robbie was the standout. Talk was we only signed Ross so as not to split them up as kids.
Won't meet two harder working boys will absolutely make most of their talents.

Remember them as boys. Ross was good but Robbie was the standout. Talk was we only signed Ross so as not to split them up as kids.
Won't meet two harder working boys will absolutely make most of their talents.
They also seems really nice young men, too.

I'd love if Ross and Robby became regulars for Rangers.

They also seems really nice young men, too.

I'd love if Ross and Robby became regulars for Rangers.

Me too. Cracking couple of down to earth boys. I've a pal in Dailly and they've been in his place a few times when I've been there.
Have saw them out play shooty in with the local kids on a Sunday.

Me too. Cracking couple of down to earth boys. I've a pal in Dailly and they've been in his place a few times when I've been there.
Have saw them out play shooty in with the local kids on a Sunday.

Not only did he play very well at Cappielow he was also well thought of by the staff down there also , as has been said polite young man . Fingers crossed for a big future for him and his brother at Ibrox

Back