Robby McCrorie

Glendonagasaki

Official Ticketer
When does he break into the first squad?
Think he will be 2nd choice to shagger next season, then the year after be the no1? Seems as though we have another talent on our hands here.

When does he break into the first squad?
Think he will be 2nd choice to shagger next season, then the year after be the no1? Seems as though we have another talent on our hands here.
Tend to agree, maybe two years until he’s ready though.

Depends how many games he can get under his belt at Livingston.

Remember shagger had 2 loan spells out before he got near the first team!

Depends how many games he can get under his belt at Livingston.

Remember shagger had 2 loan spells out before he got near the first team!

He is starting tonight for Livingston's match against St Johnstone. Hibs bid for him too but it was rejected so good to see if the lad can become a no. 2 for McGregor when he does retire.

24months he should at the very least be the No2 keeper if not first choice. That is if he keeps up his rate of development. Most keepers at the top level tend to be a little later to the party than other positions

Assuming he is good enough then he should take over from Shagger after next season (unless McGregor stays longer).

I can see him next season, being mcgregors back up for the season. He will get given cup games like Wes was this year

Wait and see how he gets on at livi, will be a good test for him and great opportunity for us to get a better understanding of how he'll cope.

I’d imagine he’ll be No2 next season working closely with McGregor at least then possibly pushing for the start the following season depending on how McGregor is playing.

Where does Andy Firth fit in?

Will be interesting to see who becomes second choice GK after summer, or if we’ll bring in back up for McGregor.

I'd prefer that he stayed out on loan rather than being backup for Rangers, he needs games. He could come in for the 2021/22 season as number 1 if he has a successful 18 months on loan and trains well when with the Rangers squad.

This will be an important loan move because playing at this level will make or break him. He has to really stand out if he is to eventually to replace mcgregor who once had to go down this route himself.

He's still young. The livingston move is a great choice, have him play a t the top level for experience without the pressure of playing in front of 50,000 at a packed Ibrox. Gradual moves up the ladder is definitely the best thing for him
Exactly this - high hopes for him but his loan to Livi is pivotal for him - needs a good loan. Anyway I dont think he will be no 2 next year - I reckon he will get another loan with firth or A N Other as back up to McGregor

Still young in goalie terms and difficult to break through. Hoping the club see something in him and throw him in early

I think he should probably head out on loan again next season at the highest level he can manage. He’ll learn more playing every week than sitting on the bench 4 games out of 5 at Ibrox.

The issue with having a 38 year old keeper as the No 1 is that it is very possible he could pick up niggles and miss a decent string of games. We have been pretty lucky with shaggers injury record up to this point but we need a back up keeper who is proven and capable of stepping up to be No 1 for a prolonged spell. Like Wes is.

Hopefully Robby has a very successful run at Livingston but I think another year on loan in the top division would benefit him more than sitting on the bench for us.

It really depends how well he does at Livi.

I think he’ll be back out on loan next season in the Prem but it really depends how well he does at Livi.

There is no point in him being no.2 here and not getting a game. Better off playing every week.

Hopefully his loan works out and he remains number 1.

I’d hope to have AM for another 2 seasons after this one with McCrorie as back up for the final season if he is good enough. I’d then use him for cup games excluding the final if we reached it.

I suspect he will go on loan again for the first half of next season, coming back the second half of the season under Shagger before taking over as number 1 the following season.

At his age it's more beneficial playing than watching from the sidelines.

He's going to livi as number 1 which is superb!

I dont think he'll be no2 next year, another loan to a premier club for full season, then the season after that he'll be number 1.

If he sits on the bench as number 2 it will not help his progression.

With Shagger signing a new contract I’d let McCrorie go back on loan again next season to a SPL team again then he can challenge the season after

McGregor was 23 when he became first choice, Robby turns 22 in March. A year at Livi will be perfect to see if he can be consistent at the top level.

Back