Robby McCrorie

Seems to flap at things just now but please bear in mind he’s a young goalkeeper short on confidence

who incidentally made a big impact on a game that hurt the tims quest for 2nd place

let him grow and make mistakes elsewhere I’d say he will be a good keeper soon enough

I thought he did okay tonight, not easy conditions to be a keeper in.

By all accounts not doing well this season overall.

That’s rubbish mate. He started off struggling for form and since then he’s not been playing. You can’t be the worst keeper in the league if you’ve not been getting a game.

He’s a young lad who will go on to have a decent enough career.
The stats back that he's the worst aswell he is still young though but needs somewhere he can get confidence from playing

McGregor had a few mistakes in him early in his career but he matured into someone we now compare to Goram. Robby will develop into a fine 'keeper. He's still two or three years away from being our number 1 and I've got every faith in him.

I was at Dunfermline vs Airdrie in the Scottish cup years back, finished 4-3 to Airdrie, with McGregor in goals for Dunfermline. McGregor was 3 weeks away from turning 23 and had a poor game, never imagined him starting for us after shipping 4 goals to Airdrie.

The lad still has time.

He's got some way to go to be even livis number one nevermind ours. He's still young though and can develop so I wouldn't be too critical or write him off just yet

Three great saves. How many on here remember that Alex McLeish brought In Ronald Wattereus when Stefan Klos ruptured his crucial ligament because he did not think McGregor was ready to be Rangers first-team goalkeeper. McGregor was 23/24 and was loaned several times, to Dunfermline and St Johnstone. He was 25/26 when Walter came back and put him in goal. Keepers need time and experience. McCrorie is getting that at Livi.

Genuinely thought he had a pretty decent performance tonight, even text my mate during the game saying he was almost keeping Livi in it at times.

He looked poor and very nervous in the first half but seemed to get a lot of confidence from the Ajer save that kept it 2-1. Made another couple of good saves in the second half. His kicking seemed to improve a but in the second half. He was slashing at them first half and probably afraid of screwing up.

Have to say changing our loan policy to mostly staying in Scotland has massively helped us. Murphy and the McCrorie brothers have taken 8 points off the scum in the 4/5 games they've played against them.

That’s rubbish mate. He started off struggling for form and since then he’s not been playing. You can’t be the worst keeper in the league if you’ve not been getting a game.

He’s a young lad who will go on to have a decent enough career.
He's played enough minutes to be compared to the rest of the league, hasn't been playing because he has been extremely poor.

Not saying he won't improve as he has had a successful career until now but this season hasn't been a good sign

Of course he’s not good enough to be our keeper yet.

That’s why he’s out on loan - to gain experience and consistency.

He had a good second half but a shaky first half, although he did have a very good one on one stop at 1-2 as posted above.

He's played enough minutes to be compared to the rest of the league, hasn't been playing because he has been extremely poor.

Not saying he won't improve as he has had a successful career until now but this season hasn't been a good sign
He had poor form at start of the season but so did the whole Livi team then he missed 2 weeks due to having COVID whilst away with u21s. Livingston went on a winning run so we can't really complain about him not getting back in to the team.

He has plenty time on his side and he will go out on loan next season again.

I'll throw my two bits in and say he's looking decent. There was a save around the 50 min mark its just bounced up in front of him, on that surface and he takes it with aplomb. It was a hard save given he would also have seen it late they had someone coming in for potential rebound.

Great save from Ajer too to prevent 3-1 was out quickly and read what Ajer was looking to do.

Did not see the game but have read some comments.I would rather he makes his mistakes elsewhere that do not cost us points and if he can contribute in taking points of our direct rival(s) it is a bonus. I know Celtic have been hilarious this season but some of our loan players have played their part against them too.

Another example of us using a SPFL loan deal to our benefit

Thought he was fairly poor first 40 but a few key saves

Just watched the highlights and other than clattering Duffy early on I thought that he had a decent game. I'd be happy to strike him a winner's medal for his contribution. :)

You could tell he was low on confidence in the first half. That save from Ajer was superb and I never had any worries on him after that. Would be tempted to recall him and send him somewhere he’ll play every week in all honesty.

I thought he made some good saves from the highlights but he maybe needs to learn fr
Greegsy how to get them out of the danger area and not just spill back into the box

Unfortunately one of the worst keepers in the league this season.
Have you seen the scum keeper actually save a ball. The lad had a bit of a crap first half but 3 saves, particularly 1 from Ajer helped us tonight so I'm going to disagree with that statement ;)

Still a youngster (in goalkeeping terms) in my eyes - worth sticking with and getting great experience out on loan the he wouldn't be getting with us.

Done well for the Ajer chance at 2-1. Didn't look great before that but he's young for a keeper.

He has a few years development before being anywhere near our no 1. We should maybe loan him out somewhere nobody cares about and he can make mistakes and learn without us all writing him off.

Have you seen the scum keeper actually save a ball. The lad had a bit of a crap first half but 3 saves, particularly 1 from Ajer helped us tonight so I'm going to disagree with that statement ;)
Fair shout actually, that Barkas is impressively bad

I thought he had a bit of a nervous first twenty, perhaps caused by his lack of games this season. Thereafter, barring the hesitation for the incident where he levelled Duffy, I thought he looked very confident and assured, pulling off several good saves whilst handling the difficult conditions very capably.

Last edited:
He's an infant as far as keepers go, he's getting good experience, so who knows. Still may need another loan after this one though

His save from Ajer was vital in Livingston getting the point. Game over 1-3 on the stroke of half time if scored.

It’s good to see us using the loan system well this season. Murphy and the 2 McCrories.

I make that 8 points that the Scum have dropped with pretty big contributions from all (Murphy scored for Hibs etc)

His save from Ajer was vital in Livingston getting the point. Game over 1-3 on the stroke of half time if scored.

It’s good to see us using the loan system well this season. Murphy and the 2 McCrories.

I make that 8 points that the Scum have dropped with pretty big contributions from all (Murphy scored for Hibs etc)
SK helped put them out the cup too at Ross County

Back