Robby McCrorie

McGregor cannot continue in goals. He was at fault for at least 3 of those goals tonight. Dundee Utd goal was a shot that went straight through him too. Last season it was happening continuously.

He is capable of a worldie which seems to make people believe he’s still a top keeper and they ignore all the howling errors

The goalkeeping situation has been weird as %^*&

Mcgregor was poor in a lot of games last season. Many thought a step too far.

Majority shout for JM on the basis of the games he played he never let us down. He then signs a 2 year deal

That in itself probably showed that he’s fine as a stop gap and games in here and there but not the level for a full season as a number 1

Then you have RM. Signs an extension for a few years. And what do we do now? Just fire him in next season?

I wouldn’t be comfortable giving him the reins for a full season if you aren’t even playing him in a cup game (unless the plans changed for dundee game given the number 1 switch)

Either way we’ve got a keeper on the back 9 and no ready made replacement.

Everybody could see the goalkeeping situation needed addressing, and a new first choice keeper brought in.

All except for the Rangers board and management apparently.

Shagger I thought sold the jerseys for that all important opener - he was moving like bambi on ice triying to stop that deflected shot from going for a corner and then should never be beaten like that so easily at his near post.

It didn't get any better for him in that 2nd half.

Sadly when you have a 40yr old keeper you are going to see huge drops in performance like tonight.

Probably time to see what McCrorie brings to the table now.

If he isn't deemed good enough to play for us this season then he's never going to be good enough imo . It's now or never for me. Put him in and see if he can handle it.

With Goldson now injured the leagues away so it’s the ideal time to play Lowry, Mcrorie, promote the wee Millwall striker etc.

We cannot do any worse than the way we are playing right now.

It will all be played out to a backdrop of when, not if, Gio and his band are paid off sadly.
Come on magic de boer, now's the time for a new username

With Goldson now injured the leagues away so it’s the ideal time to play Lowry, Mcrorie, promote the wee Millwall striker etc.

It will all be played out to a backdrop of when, not if, Gio and his band are paid off sadly.
“The league’s away”?

What a hysterical wee lassie you are.

McGregor should have saved at least three of them tonight, maybe all the smoke being blown up his arse from the papers throughout the week, went to his head. I’m a fan but that was a diabolical performance from everyone second half, including him. Gio won’t let McCrorie in though, his ego won’t allow it as he has to somehow salvage the season. Europe is gone in my opinion (or do we get a shot at the conference?).

Which ones?

1st goal - it took him half an hour to attempt to move and keep the ball from going out for a corner.

2nd goal - got nutmegged by Firmino. Personally I don't think he's at fault at all for this, but in the Celtic 4-0 game McLaughlin got slaughtered for getting nutmegged in a similar fashion so...

3rd goal - McGregor's terrible kick goes straight to Fabinho and results in their goal. His kicking was appalling the full night.

4th goal - worst of the lot. Salah does a feeble wee toe poke and it basically goes through McGregor. Horrific attempt at a save.

5th goal - again, not necessarily his fault but he's a mile off his line and makes a piss poor attempt at a save. Not too dissimilar to the goal Hatate scored in the 3-0 pumping at Parkhead last season.

The sad thing is, we're now stuck with McGregor for the rest of the season.

McGregors kicking with with ball at his feet is utterly shocking, don’t think he found a Rangers player once, and Liverpool scored from one he kicked straight to Fabinho .
He looked like an old man trying to dive for some of those shots in second half , he is finished and has been for a while , needs removed on Sunday.

The goalkeeping situation is a disgrace, McLaughlin was poor against the scum but that tonight from Mcgregor was worse. He was abysmal tonight there is no getting away from it, we don’t currently have a good enough no1 keeper it’s that simple.

Putting mcrorie in against a free scoring Napoli team could be the end of the lad, especially without Goldson infront of him.
Against the dross in the spl, we aren’t really going to see him tested, maybe only against 3/4 teams who actually try and have a go.
I think the situation just now is a tough one, as realistically there is an arguable case for each keeper not being in goals for the next game. What is unacceptable is we are at this point if the season still debating who the first choice keeper should be, especially given we are told the club has a rolling database of players they are monitoring. The filth got that seigrist keeper from Utd for free I’m sure, and he was probably the best of the rest keeper int he spl last year

1st goal - it took him half an hour to attempt to move and keep the ball from going out for a corner.

2nd goal - got nutmegged by Firmino. Personally I don't think he's at fault at all for this, but in the Celtic 4-0 game McLaughlin got slaughtered for getting nutmegged in a similar fashion so...

3rd goal - McGregor's terrible kick goes straight to Fabinho and results in their goal. His kicking was appalling the full night.

4th goal - worst of the lot. Salah does a feeble wee toe poke and it basically goes through McGregor. Horrific attempt at a save.

5th goal - again, not necessarily his fault but he's a mile off his line and makes a piss poor attempt at a save. Not too dissimilar to the goal Hatate scored in the 3-0 pumping at Parkhead last season.

The sad thing is, we're now stuck with McGregor for the rest of the season.

So 2/7 you could put blame on him

He really wasn't the problem. It was like shooting practice for them second half.

Not saying the keeper problem isn't an issue overall at the club

Aye but think of the boxes ticked by the homegrown quota. Add Souttar to the GKs. How’s that working out for us now?

Did you hear the managers answer on McCrorie when asked about him getting a new deal it was almost as if he didn’t know until it was signed I can’t see him getting much If any game time.

I don’t rate McCrorie when I watched him for Livingston on several occasions he was poor but the few games he’s played for our first team he’s not done a lot wrong.

I would be giving him the gloves till the transfer window as at least he has a chance of improving the other 2 are never getting any better and McGregor was done last year.

I am McGregors biggest critic at times and agree he was at fault, or at least contributed for the 1st, 3rd, and 4th tonight.

What I will say though, is that we have 1 of the biggest shitebags in football constantly passing the ball back to him and passing responsibility onto him more times than necessary. When he receives the ball off the shitebag, there’s is not enough work being done by the defence and midfield to receive the next pass resulting in an aimless punt to the opposition.

Sometimes there will be a pass on and McGregor won’t play it but last night that wasn’t really the case too often.

Shagger I thought sold the jerseys for that all important opener - he was moving like bambi on ice triying to stop that deflected shot from going for a corner and then should never be beaten like that so easily at his near post.

Sadly when you have a 40yr old keeper you are going to see huge drops in performance like tonight.

How the fuck was he supposed to get the 1st? Firmino got a header before the front post.

Last night , 9 shots on target - 7 goals

Even if blame sakala for the first (yet to see it back as in broomie but it’s not like McGregor comes for crosses anyways) that’s 1 save made from 8 shots , McGregor was done last season, John McLaughlin bottled his chance of first choice , so McCrorie it is now for me

Ffs talk about an overreaction!! I have my doubts we can win the league under Gio but it’s certainly not time for chucking in the towel.

2pts behind, no European football after the WC break and players coming back from injury. It’s up to Gio to make that work!

And yes, I’d give Robbie a wee stint in goals

How the fuck was he supposed to get the 1st? Firmino got a header before the front post.

Did you miss how they got the corner in the first place?

That's where people are pointing the finger at McGregor. He moved like a 60 year old trying to keep it in play.

Did you miss how they got the corner in the first place?

That's where people are pointing the finger at McGregor. He moved like a 60 year old trying to keep it in play.

Didn’t have the beauty of sitting at home watching the game on TV and seeing replays of it.

The first goal Liverpool scored was a carbon copy of Hibs equaliser in the 2016 Cup Final. The common factor? James Tavernier marking the scorer, being held off easily and not getting close to his man. Poor, poor defending.

Putting mcrorie in against a free scoring Napoli team could be the end of the lad, especially without Goldson infront of him.
Against the dross in the spl, we aren’t really going to see him tested, maybe only against 3/4 teams who actually try and have a go.
I think the situation just now is a tough one, as realistically there is an arguable case for each keeper not being in goals for the next game. What is unacceptable is we are at this point if the season still debating who the first choice keeper should be, especially given we are told the club has a rolling database of players they are monitoring. The filth got that seigrist keeper from Utd for free I’m sure, and he was probably the best of the rest keeper int he spl last year
We are never going to know how good young players are if we don’t give them a chance. Last night proved you can have all the experience in the world but you still get pumped.

We need to start integrating younger players into the side before this season goes pear shaped.

Yeah McCrorie in for me on Sunday, its hilarious because the amount of people who praised McGregor distribution compared to McLaughlin...both are absolutely honking at it

I can’t believe that they thought McLaughlin was good enough to be our number one and it is another failing of our recruitment department

Back