Roberto Firmino not scoring a league goal at Anfield this season?

WinkieWATP

Must be a first for a team to win the league and their CF not to score a home league goal.

Not a dig btw as I am well aware how important he is to the way they play and the wide strikers reap the benefits of his clever play. Just find it an amazing Stat he hasn’t scored at home.

I read somewhere he’s had over 30 shots at home as well. Really is bizarre he’s not scored.

I'm sorry but with Mane and Firmino either side of you and with the balls TAA and Robertson regularly fire into the box you should be getting 25-30 goals a season.

Two completely different styles of play, but the point is the same. Firmino and McBurnie have both been key for the success of Liverpool and Sheff Utd.

I think people are too quick to focus on goals scored, but it’s not the be all and end all.

That being said, it’s crazy he hasn’t scored at Anfield all season considering his chances.

He’s a very good player but after watching them yesterday I’m surprised any of the front three have many goals.

Salah’s performance was so bad he made Brandon Barker look like Messi. Should have had at least three goals but barely managed to connect with the ball at any of the chances. One was pretty much an open goal.

Mane was poor too but at least troubled the keeper once.

Fantastic player no doubt but all this nonsense of he offers so much to the team, his touch and vision, way he drops off ad nausea blah blah
Teddy Sheringham and Cantona offered all that and still rattled plenty of goals in.
How do you make Liverpool better?
Should have bought a Werner for a steal who offers all the work ethic of a Firminho and rattles in goals.

He’s a brilliant player and pivotal in everything Liverpool do going forward.

Very much like our own South American striker, his value to the team can’t just be measured on goals alone.

Two completely different styles of play, but the point is the same. Firmino and McBurnie have both been key for the success of Liverpool and Sheff Utd.

I think people are too quick to focus on goals scored, but it’s not the be all and end all.
France have won the world cup twice - both times, I don't think their main centre forward scored during the world cup (Guivarc'h and Giroud). Suspect they'd rather have the world cup medals than the world cup golden boot...

Even Liverpool fans are very frustrated with him in that regard this season.

Still doing a lot of excellent work in other areas, but the the chances he gets and misses is a very poor part of his game. He should still be chipping in 20 per season, not 10 goals in 50 games.

Very strange stat.

He’s such a great player as well, absolutely integral to Liverpool and would be the hardest player in their front 3 to replace.

This demonstrates the difference in professionalism between the Scottish and English media.

The petty vindictive Scottish journos wouldn’t let one of our strikers forget a stat like this but the English just point it out, shake their heads in surprise and move on.

The best player in that Liverpool team in terms of intelligence and skill. Havertz is the heir to his throne.

For a player of his ability it's a pretty shocking statistic. But I don't think he's had his best season anyway as at times when I've watched Liverpool he's been under-par, at least by his previous standards. Liverpool will always be a better side with him in it though regardless of how many he is scoring or not scoring.

Back