Rod Petrie Steps Down From SFA role (temporarily)

He has 73 directorships, 52 of which are active. One of which is his own club.

How can someone with so many business interests dedicate himself to being president of the SFA? Surely being at the head of Scottish football, responsible for the running of the game, is a full time job?

I am sure most of us have come into contact with these type of entrepreneurs, with dozens of little business interests that come and go very quickly, and these types definitely have bushy tails. They have an innate ability to see opportunity at every turn, and define why the phrase ‘con-man’ is derived from the word ‘confidence’.

And the timing? One day before the SPFL go to court to request to a judge that the SFA arbitrate in the relegation issue? That is one hell of a coincidence. It almost appears as if Petrie is jumping ship to potentially absolve himself from the cartel’s actions, whether that be the relegation issue or the CSA SFA whitewash.

That said, as much as I strongly dislike Petrie, if he is genuinely ill then I am sure we all wish him back to full health and his old exuberant self.
I’m off the pace here I didn’t know that was going to be spfl proposition to theCourt .

But , sounds like a nonsense idea surely and must be challengeable in another case or at CAS ?

Last edited:
This is a travesty that an actual gangster (or cardboard one) is actually going to be in charge of the Scottish game.

And he is a Rabid mentally challenged, a scum Rangers hating bastard.

besides Peter lawwell, he is the absolute head of the stinking, slithering, rancid snake. Make no mistake about it. He is a bully bastard, he should he nowhere near the corridors of power in this game.
Absolutely NOWHERE near it.
Sounds like you have met him?
He has 73 directorships, 52 of which are active. One of which is his own club.

How can someone with so many business interests dedicate himself to being president of the SFA? Surely being at the head of Scottish football, responsible for the running of the game, is a full time job?

I am sure most of us have come into contact with these type of entrepreneurs, with dozens of little business interests that come and go very quickly, and these types definitely have bushy tails. They have an innate ability to see opportunity at every turn, and define why the phrase ‘con-man’ is derived from the word ‘confidence’.

And the timing? One day before the SPFL go to court to request to a judge that the SFA arbitrate in the relegation issue? That is one hell of a coincidence. It almost appears as if Petrie is jumping ship to potentially absolve himself from the cartel’s actions, whether that be the relegation issue or the CSA SFA whitewash.

That said, as much as I strongly dislike Petrie, if he is genuinely ill then I am sure we all wish him back to full health and his old exuberant self.
Petrie is no friend of ours for sure but the stench of him ducking out is strong. However he is no fool and its no surprise he wants as little as possible to do with the shit show currently bubbling along.

I’m off the pace here I didn’t know that was going to be spfl proposition to theCourt .

But , sounds like a nonsense idea sure;y and must be challenge able in another case or at CAS ?
I have seen it mentioned here and there that the SPFL, given their defence is shit, obviously don’t want the courts anywhere near this, so their main (desperate) hope is that it gets passed to the SFA to deal with, and that is what they are going for. The SFA in turn would then obviously quickly relegate Hearts etc.

The SPFL/Tims don’t give a shit whether it is 12 or 14 teams, whether Hearts stay up or Dundee Utd go up. They really don’t. They want this done and dusted ASAP so the new season can start. So if a judge passes it to the SFA then they are on easy street. Similarly if the judge states relegation is unwarranted based on the original regulations, then again happy days for them, even if a judge recommends reconstruction. That is, as long as the vote itself is not deemed illegal/invalid, as that would open another can of worms, given that the SPFL would have been deemed to have no authority to award titles.

CAS as I understand requires 2 parties in disagreement to go to them to arbitrate. So no chance of that, as the SPFL would never agree to that.

So in this scenario re Petrie and Mulroney stepping up one , who replaces Mulraney ?

Seems to me a little left field to imagine a an organisation and partner of the spfl could be enabled by an actual Law Court to arbitrate in this matter .

Do they even have a precedent they can point to ?

I think he is not trusted to answer the myriad of uncomfortable questions that may be coming their way.

They don’t come more mentally challenged looking than Mike Mulraney.

_81382065_mulraney_sns.jpg

It always amazes me how any of that lot can put on a suit and still look like a disheveled tramp.

You just know that Mulraney is about to take responsibility for something that Petrie cannot be seen to be touching.
Despicable corrupt bastards.

And Mulraney states Petrie has been a "tower of strength" during the Covid-19 emergency?
In what way exactly?
What the feck has he had to do FFS?
Fitba has been shut down for the duration and the SFA has been conspicuous by its absence during all this SPFL corruption carry-on.
Maybe Petrie's taller than Mulraney and beat him at arm wrestling, that's the only way that pricks a tower of strength

There should be an investigation into the infestation of one kind into positions of power in Scottish football the corruption surrounding this is there for all to see, it reeks of them.

Mike Mulraney is a millionaire who likes to work at a local swimming pool.

Think about that for a minute.

"It's not very well paid. It doesn't pay for my cars. But I really like running swimming pools and getting involved with people.
:oops:

A bit like Peter Lawwell, Mulraney isn't on the SPFL Board at present . . . Well, not officially anyway.

Ewen Cameron, also of Alloa Athletic, is though and will do whatever he is told by Mulraney, who in turn will do whatever he is told by Lawwell.
Alloa DO have a rep on the SPFL board.

Far too much influence from a small club.

Interesting comment from Yogi on Open Goal......

Said Petrie was never a football man. Only got the Hibs gig as he was Tom Farmer's man.

Always assumed he was a big Hibs fan.

I was fortunate enough to get an invite to the Directors box last game of the season & the last game in the lower leagues.
It was against Alloa, & that prick was in the blue room with his trademark black shirt & suit trying to look a ticket ____ I never seen anyone talking to him ,he just stood there drinking himself.
Should maybe have done a bit of matchmaking as there was another lonely prick in the room _______Doncaster.
He was there to present us with the league trophy & had a very uncomfortable afternoon.
Doncaster wasn't even announced as part of the presentation party that day. Always remember that................It was not accidental.

The chairman from ALLOA lol

A man That has built an empire on destruction and debt. A man who has absolutely no qualifications to be there at all. And to boot, a massive Rangers hater. God help Scottish football.
He has made lots of money with his devious dealings.
He has a massive anti Rangers agenda ,make no doubt of that.

Alloa DO have a rep on the SPFL board.

Far too much influence from a small club.

Interesting comment from Yogi on Open Goal......

Said Petrie was never a football man. Only got the Hibs gig as he was Tom Farmer's man.

Always assumed he was a big Hibs fan.

That's what I said, Alloa do have a Rep on the SPFL Board, but it's Ewen Cameron, not Mulraney, as intimated in the post I was responding to.

quite interesting the note at the bottom for respecting privacy....."dinny be asking oor fat poor Rod any exooburint questions aboot the SFA or SPFL noo ken"......

25% of the Scottish population are catholic. If the higher echelons of the SFA do not reflect this, its rigged. Call in the police.

It's less than that. 20%.

Which makes it even worse that 1/5 of the Population run the whole show.

From Unions, Councils, Government, The Law and now our National Game.

Unreal.

We've slept walked through the last 3/4 decades.

He twirls rosary beads
That's certainly not off the mark and what they are doing is religious bias, they have an asymmetrical power structure throughout these football organisations to suit their agenda and it is corruption.

Doncaster wasn't even announced as part of the presentation party that day. Always remember that................It was not accidental.
Even during the game ,he seemed to be sitting alone like he didn't want to be there, he was right in front of us

Their all moving into place now on the Fat Japanese orders. Somehow we have to stop these b*stards ruining Scottish football. It would help if other clubs fans woke up.

Mike Mulraney is a millionaire who likes to work at a local swimming pool.

Think about that for a minute.

:oops:

''HE went from rags to riches, starting off as a janitor's son and ending up as a property tycoon who owns 12 companies, a fleet of flash cars and a football club.

Self-made multi-millionaire Mike Mulraney, 38, does not need to put in a day's graft ever again.

But the workaholic toils a 40-hour week - as boss of his local council leisure centre.''

What a full 40 hours? Workaholic right enough. It would take me to Thursday to work 40 hours, leaving Fri, Sat and occassionally Sunday.

Poor wee Mick

''HE went from rags to riches, starting off as a janitor's son and ending up as a property tycoon who owns 12 companies, a fleet of flash cars and a football club.

Self-made multi-millionaire Mike Mulraney, 38, does not need to put in a day's graft ever again.

But the workaholic toils a 40-hour week - as boss of his local council leisure centre.''

What a full 40 hours? Workaholic right enough. It would take me to Thursday to work 40 hours, leaving Fri, Sat and occassionally Sunday.

Poor wee Mick

Exactly mate,when I worked in an opencast mine we did 5 -14hr shifts then 10hrs on a Sat and another 10hrs on sunday,feckin 90hr week.

It starts in their schools, refuse to pay for state funded faith schools. They are responsible for unfair sectarian teacher promotions within our multicultural, state funded school system.

So in this scenario re Petrie and Mulroney stepping up one , who replaces Mulraney ?

Seems to me a little left field to imagine a an organisation and partner of the spfl could be enabled by an actual Law Court to arbitrate in this matter .

Do they even have a precedent they can point to ?
Could the boy at Dundee, Nelms, I think his name is , not fill the gap?

Said it before - Rangers should buy 10-20 small Scottish clubs and then get them to vote themselves out of the league.

I see Petrie was involved in the junior league stitch up as an aside I had to attend a course at Alloa,s ground seen better days perhaps ( being kind ) so he’s not spending on thdground

Stepped down so will not chair the dundeegate If civil court sends case to the SFA. Would have been leverage for Hearts to demand it did not?

Back