Roddy Forsyth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Goudie

Official Ticketer
You are a cünt.

The minute’s silence which will precede Rangers’ Europa League group stage opener against Feyenoord at Ibrox on Thursday night can – despite good intentions – be categorised as a wholly inappropriate tribute to Fernando Ricksen, the former Ibrox Captain who has died after a six-year struggle with motor neurone disease.

Life was rarely silent when Ricksen was around, certainly not in his playing days and categorically not during his spell with Rangers between 2000 and 2006.

This was the man, after all, who was taken off after 21 minutes of his first appearance at Celtic Park because of his culpability in what ended as a 6-2 defeat, was sent off before half-time on his second appearance at Parkhead and who was the first player in Scotland to be banned on the basis of video evidence, when the TV cameras caught him aim a reverse karate kick at Aberdeen’s Darren Young, before he was later banned for elbowing Derek Riordan of Hibernian.

Ricksen pushed the then Rangers chairman, John McClelland, who was fully clothed, into a swimming pool in Greece before a European tie with Panathinaikos. He won 12 caps with the Dutch international side before being banned after smashing a door on a night out. He tested positively for cocaine when he played with Zenit St Petersburg, where he twice got into fights with the club captain.

Fück me. He tries to make amends on the rest of the article. No way should it be linked. But it was already too late. His bitterness oozed from the character assassination above. Disgusting rags. I detest them with every fibre of my being.

That is shocking, is there no depths that these so-called journalists will go to, to put our players in a bad light. On the day of Fernando's death, it appears that all sense of decency has gone from these people.

Totally disgusted with that!!

Just read that article - I can't believe he chose to begin it with the bits posted on here.

Who else would attempt to write that sort of thing so close to the death of a young guy cut down with such a terrible disease??

The club need to act on this one and call this clown out sharpish.

I’d have sworn Forsyth was a bear, until now.
I’ve got to have been wrong.
I’m sickened by how many want to put the boot into Ricksen so soon after his passing.
It’s feckin vulgar.
i read years ago cant mind if it was the rangers news or the match programme
that him and his sister janice another broadcaster were all season ticket holders at Ibrox
forsyth said his wife supported the dark side piece of scum typical bbc

The quicker the print media go out of business the better, don't buy their rags, don't support their sites, starve them out on social media.

Also if you watch the touching tribute video of the Feyenoord management & players paying tribute to Fernando at Ibrox, the press pack , in their clamour to get a photo they will get paid for, stand all over freshly laden fan tributes, they are classless, thoughtless and scumbags to their rotten core.

I didn't hear the Radio Scotland coverage so was prepared to accept that some comments may have been clumsily expressed on the spur of the moment rather than malicious.

However, Forsyth has had time to write this obituary. There are no excuses.

This is simply a deplorable article - I made sure to read through the entire piece in the Telegraph.

Graham Spiers trashed Jock Wallace and Jim Baxter very soon after their deaths. If possible, these hatchet-jobs were surpassed by Michael Kelly's bizarre justification for Aberdeen fans ruining a minute's silence for George Young.

I have never seen anything remotely comparable written following the passing of an individual strongly associated with Celtic - not that I would expect to. That says it all.

I’d have sworn Forsyth was a bear, until now.
I’ve got to have been wrong.
I’m sickened by how many want to put the boot into Ricksen so soon after his passing.
It’s feckin vulgar.
Me too I was utterly convinced he was one of the few rangers leaning journos we had left up here.
Clearly not and he can rot with the rest of them after reading that bitter twisted shit

As something intended as a tribute piece, that is nothing short of disgusting.

There is something in the Scottish media’s make up where, when the occasion leaves no option but to show even a modicum of human decency, where Rangers are concerned it has to joined with something that shows the club or individual concerned in a bad light.

It’s become so commonplace and widely accepted by the bitter wee men of Scottish society - and largely undefended by our club, it has to be said - that that same media are now trying to outdo each other in how far they can take this.

Their reporting of the death of a man who fought bravely against a horrible illness should be the line in the sand for the club. I hope it is.

The man his Sportsound pals call Roddy the Proddy

He's trying too hard to prove he's one of them

As something intended as a tribute piece, that is nothing short of disgusting.

There is something in the Scottish media’s make up where, when the occasion leaves no option but to show even a modicum of human decency, where Rangers are concerned it has to joined with something that shows the club or individual concerned in a bad light.

It’s become so commonplace and widely accepted by the bitter wee men of Scottish society - and largely undefended by our club, it has to be said - that that same media are now trying to outdo each other in how far they can take this.

Their reporting of the death of a man who fought bravely against a horrible illness should be the line in the sand for the club. I hope it is.
It's the ongoing attempt to dehumanise the Rangers staff and support. Comments like that about any other player would never get past the editor, or probably even written

Scotland's real sectarian shame

I didn't hear the Radio Scotland coverage so was prepared to accept that some comments may have been clumsily expressed on the spur of the moment rather than malicious.

However, Forsyth has had time to write this obituary. There are no excuses.

This is simply a deplorable article - I made sure to read through the entire piece in the Telegraph.

Graham Spiers trashed Jock Wallace and Jim Baxter very soon after their deaths. If possible, these hatchet-jobs were surpassed by Michael Kelly's bizarre justification for Aberdeen fans ruining a minute's silence for George Young.

I have never seen anything remotely comparable written following the passing of an individual strongly associated with Celtic - not that I would expect to. That says it all.

Ffs when McNeill and Chalmers died Bernard Ponsonby on STV was eulogising as if it was Mother Theresa that had passed away.

Last edited:
Even given my expectations of how the press treat anything Rangers related, I’m taken aback by the vitriol the Daily Record, BBC Scotland, Spiers and now Forsyth (who I would have expected much more of).

Every one of them has had to “balance” any suggestion of respect by ripping into the memory of the man with snide comments in their opening paragraphs.
Disgraceful.

After reading that the next time I am about to step in some dog shit I will refer to it as amost stepping in a ‘Roddy Forsyth’.
Because that’s what this guy is.
Total …excrement.

If he didn’t like him fair enough but to denigrate his career much like McGowan did on SSB last night when the guy is not around to defend himself is despicable and the lowest of low…and unforgivable.

It seems once again that some, as per usual, are playing to the gallery and have been almost looking forward eagerly to write bile like this.

And to the ones that have done this today, and if you are reading this you know …who you are, and so do we…
It won’t be forgotten.

The lowest of the low. He should be banned if not already. The club should call out every one of these so called journalists.

Imagine on the day of someone’s death - someone who has battled a horrifying disease with bravery, passion and dignity - that you abuse your position to blacken his name. Imagine doing that! NO you can’t. Utterly disgusting.

Fernando was 100 times the human being you are Forsyth.

You'd have thought it was fairly obvious.

Theres plenty which could be said of McNeils character if you liked. Stealing a friends job with covert meetings in a car park being on the lighter side of things if you were digging into mistakes in his life...

However, as tradition and decency have it, when writing an obituary, people tend to focus on the good parts of someone's life and, especially in tradegy, can overlook some errors made in youth and make positives of the brave fights etc.

Strange that one person gets a character assassination and the other gets nothing but glowing praise...

It isn't strange when it's being outputted by the Scottish mhedia

Imagine being so utterly loathsome that an obituary you've written about an athlete who died as a result of a horrendous battle with MND was deemed to be too insensitive and removed. An assassination of the man's character. What a fucking cretin you are Forsyth.

Last edited:
What an absolute piece of shit. That’s one bit of vermin that should certainly be allowed nowhere near Ibrox.
It's the " look at me "Journalists", they'll be and time and place to look a Fernando's colourful Rangers chapters
now's not the time or place...…...

This saddens me greatly. Words almost fail me at the gross insensitivity of that piece. Roddy Forsyth you are an extremely unlikeable creature. Why bring these things up at all? Very very poor. I hope someone takes him to task on it. Is he on Twitter?

I said on the other thread, anyone buying or clicking or tuning in is literally paying the wages of these scum bags and giving them a platform - if you are buying, clicking or tuning in you are funding our enemies, you are a traitor to your community. Please stop it immediately.

There’s no justification for a detailed character assassination like that the day after someone’s death, not even if you’re intending to counterbalance it in the rest of your article.

It smacks of a deeply ingrained bitterness towards all things Rangers and deserves to result in his having his press privileges removed by the club.

He won’t though.

If that is indeed the case, it's still too late just as the Record pulling the Mols story was too late too.

Someone wrote it, someone proofed it and someone took the decision to upload it. That's not just an accident, that's a train of thought which runs through production.
And this is where it isn’t good enough to swiftly pull a story after a number of complaints.

There is an editorial process in place that is supposed to ensure some level of quality, impartiality and decency alongside the truth from our press.

It’s as if they will publish what they like and accept that it will be retracted within a few hours, but the job is done regardless.

What an ar*ehole, but, shouldn't be surprised by this piece, for a while now the Scottish media are in sync with blackening all things Rangers related.

This is digusting, fernando had lots of faults and make some mistakes like most people. when Jimmy Johnstone died did they talk about him being a jakey wife beater? sure as hell not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back