Roddy Forsyth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could name thousands of footballers throughout the world who were similar to Fernando, take for instance the wonderful Maradona ,he will be mourned when he pops his clogs...Only in this country , they will drag your past up when you die..Except Celtic players

Similarities with a peice written by that discredited lowlife Spiers on the great Davie Cooper, besmirching his obvious talent with a fantasy about how he wouldn’t have made it outside of Scotland.

What a country we live in.
Pot and kettle with that wretch then.

Hopefully Rangers call him out and ban him.

The elements may be true, but hardly the time nor the place for such drivel.

Roddy and dignity don’t seem to go.

The thing is, its fair enough to highlight Fernando's 'colourful' lifestyle, he was a bit of a rogue and enjoyed life, sometimes too much, but don't we all, but to make that the opening and therefore main body of your article is disgraceful.

Ricksen helped raise hundreds of thousands of pounds for MND charities, he was unbelievably brave in the face of a horrific illness and was also a highly successful athlete, both of those come way befpre the odd indiscretion as a young guy.

Pathetic from Forsyth it really is.

The thing is, its fair enough to highlight Fernando's 'colourful' lifestyle, he was a bit of a rogue and enjoyed life, sometimes too much, but don't we all, but to make that the opening and therefore main body of your article is disgraceful.

Ricksen helped raise hundreds of thousands of pounds for MND charities, he was unbelievably brave in the face of a horrific illness and was also a highly successful athlete, both of those come way befpre the odd indiscretion as a young guy.

Pathetic from Forsyth it really is.

Just said almost the same on my complaint to Telegraph.

Get complaining bears.

Also sent a quick email to Rangers on this. If we don't take a stand against the media now , we never will

You could name thousands of footballers throughout the world who were similar to Fernando, take for instance the wonderful Maradona ,he will be mourned when he pops his clogs...Only in this country , they will drag your past up when you die..Except Celtic players

Exactly.

Fernando, like most human beings, made mistakes and made a few bad judgement calls. So what? Thats life. He learned from them and moved on.

There is a time and a place. Fact is the poor guy isnt even in the ground yet and the scottish media simple cant resist giving it: "yeah but whit aboot?"

Absolute vermin.

What an absolute scumbag. Another one.

Now is not the time for the club to be steaming into fights with these people. When the dust settles and a little time has passed, we should be right on the front foot.

Can you imagine what’s going through the mind of someone who does this? A young man dies to a horrible disease and leaves a young family behind. Will I write a piece about how tragic it is? Or the affects on his family? Or the positive contribution this decorated international player has made to our game? Or how he raised so much money for charity as he was battling a battle he was always going to lose?

Or character assassinate him?

What a low life

Imagine waking up in the morning, looking yourself in the mirror, and knowing you are going to get ready to write disgusting pieces about grief torn families.

David put it so eloquently earlier in the week re The Scum Sun's Respect Our Players - a campaign which only came about after the abuse directed at Brown (and fairly so but it's been needed long before this).

Maybe they need an internal campaign on ethics and human decency after the Ben Stokes investigation amongst all the disgusting things directed at Fernando and the photo of Mols.

I won't cop another ban for speaking my mind but lets just say if they all these rancid bigoted bastards failed to turn up for work I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Scum.

Thing is, this wasn’t written yesterday. It will only have been updated from whenever it was written in anticipation of Fernando’s passing. That makes it worse, as there will have been plenty of time and enough people to proof read it to ensure it was as sensitive as the passing of a high profile footballer requires. That the drivel that was produced was the result speaks of an entirely different agenda when it comes to Rangers.

There have been some unsavoury characters in Scottish football over the years, some downright rogues who have been saintified by the drunken sots of her majesty's press corps, my mother always taught me if you have nothing nice to say about someone, don't say anything at all,, a simple lesson in life and manners that this no one has failed to grasp, Fernando leaves behind a grief stricken family, friends, colleagues and football supporters around the world, he brought a horrible disease to the world's attention and fought it bravely and with great dignity, I wonder how the authors time will be remembered.

Thing is, this wasn’t written yesterday. It will only have been updated from whenever it was written in anticipation of Fernando’s passing. That makes it worse, as there will have been plenty of time and enough people to proof read it to ensure it was as sensitive as the passing of a high profile footballer requires. That the drivel that was produced was the result speaks of an entirely different agenda when it comes to Rangers.
You are right. It will have passed through several hands before being published. You can almost see them smiling and laughing about it.

This is digusting, fernando had lots of faults and make some mistakes like most people. when Jimmy Johnstone died did they talk about him being a jakey wife beater? sure as hell not.
No they didn't and rightly so ,but if they had done they would have rounded on by everyone and sundry. It's really sad that we even to defend Fernando from these haters so soon after his death,they are disgusting and should be dealt with by the Club at a later stage.

You are right. It will have passed through several hands before being published. You can almost see them smiling and laughing about it.

I have no doubt they will find our reaction to it funny as well.

The media in this wee cesspit is the scum of the earth.

How they can look themselves in the mirror is beyond me.

If that is indeed the case, it's still too late just as the Record pulling the Mols story was too late too.

Someone wrote it, someone proofed it and someone took the decision to upload it. That's not just an accident, that's a train of thought which runs through production.
Exactly. It's the same hit and run tactics the BBC use. Publish, wait for the offence, remove it, and pretend it never happened

They'll be in the pub tonight congratulating each other at getting wan up thae hun basturds

Fernando gave the Meidja an 18 month lead-in time for his obituary almost 6 years ago. It seems this fighting spirit has denied these cnutz a pay day for 4 and a half years, and they are not pleased.

I hope I get to post obituaries for these fekkerz, and it would be fitting if that could be after a long and horrific illness, allowing me time to trawl through their lives and expose them as the bottom feeding scum that they are.

FBS

No matter if Forsyth was a bear or not, he's still obviously a vile despicable being, a brave 43 year old husband and father has died, he's spent his last years raising money and awareness for this horrible illness, hopefully mnd will benefit and maybe find a cure, Fernando battled for this knowing that it would not benefit him and his family, that makes him a hero to millions, but the gutter rats like Forsyth will run with their bile

Fernando was a saint in comparison to :-

Thumbheid
Stokes
TLB
De Canio
etcetc

The list would be endless-

People like Forsyth live bitter, sad lives. Thankfully I can't imagine having the compulsion to sully the memory of a man who bravely fought a terrible disease for far longer than medical experts predicted. I try to take some satisfaction from the fact a Forsyth type lives a life filled with wasteful hate. Us decent folks offer compassion and sympathy and reflect upon the good memories of one of our own.

You are a cünt.

The minute’s silence which will precede Rangers’ Europa League group stage opener against Feyenoord at Ibrox on Thursday night can – despite good intentions – be categorised as a wholly inappropriate tribute to Fernando Ricksen, the former Ibrox Captain who has died after a six-year struggle with motor neurone disease.

Life was rarely silent when Ricksen was around, certainly not in his playing days and categorically not during his spell with Rangers between 2000 and 2006.

This was the man, after all, who was taken off after 21 minutes of his first appearance at Celtic Park because of his culpability in what ended as a 6-2 defeat, was sent off before half-time on his second appearance at Parkhead and who was the first player in Scotland to be banned on the basis of video evidence, when the TV cameras caught him aim a reverse karate kick at Aberdeen’s Darren Young, before he was later banned for elbowing Derek Riordan of Hibernian.

Ricksen pushed the then Rangers chairman, John McClelland, who was fully clothed, into a swimming pool in Greece before a European tie with Panathinaikos. He won 12 caps with the Dutch international side before being banned after smashing a door on a night out. He tested positively for cocaine when he played with Zenit St Petersburg, where he twice got into fights with the club captain.

Fück me. He tries to make amends on the rest of the article. No way should it be linked. But it was already too late. His bitterness oozed from the character assassination above. Disgusting rags. I detest them with every fibre of my being.

Where was this printed?

Edit - just seen, The Telegraph.

Jesus that's awful. How hard is it to write a tribute to a man who's just lost a battle to a horrible illness

There’s no justification for a detailed character assassination like that the day after someone’s death, not even if you’re intending to counterbalance it in the rest of your article.

It smacks of a deeply ingrained bitterness towards all things Rangers and deserves to result in his having his press privileges removed by the club.

He won’t though.

Would he be so frank about Lennon's attacks on and death threats to women. Of course not, and such acts make Ricksen's indiscretions irrelevant by comparison.

Trying to remember the Jinky the drunken wifebeater and Tommy the paedo harbourer stories that were written around their deaths, oh no wait nope didn't happen

l7kRoiP.jpg

You are a cünt.

The minute’s silence which will precede Rangers’ Europa League group stage opener against Feyenoord at Ibrox on Thursday night can – despite good intentions – be categorised as a wholly inappropriate tribute to Fernando Ricksen, the former Ibrox Captain who has died after a six-year struggle with motor neurone disease.

Life was rarely silent when Ricksen was around, certainly not in his playing days and categorically not during his spell with Rangers between 2000 and 2006.

This was the man, after all, who was taken off after 21 minutes of his first appearance at Celtic Park because of his culpability in what ended as a 6-2 defeat, was sent off before half-time on his second appearance at Parkhead and who was the first player in Scotland to be banned on the basis of video evidence, when the TV cameras caught him aim a reverse karate kick at Aberdeen’s Darren Young, before he was later banned for elbowing Derek Riordan of Hibernian.

Ricksen pushed the then Rangers chairman, John McClelland, who was fully clothed, into a swimming pool in Greece before a European tie with Panathinaikos. He won 12 caps with the Dutch international side before being banned after smashing a door on a night out. He tested positively for cocaine when he played with Zenit St Petersburg, where he twice got into fights with the club captain.

Fück me. He tries to make amends on the rest of the article. No way should it be linked. But it was already too late. His bitterness oozed from the character assassination above. Disgusting rags. I detest them with every fibre of my being.

That’s up there with the suns stokes article - simply no need to say that at this time.

Fair enough if you don’t like someone you don’t change opinion because they’ve died; but just say nothing.

Have a bit of decorum and respect.

Who is Forsyth to say that a mins silence is wholly inappropriate? It had nothing to do with him and hopefully the arsehole is never in Ibrox again

Astonishing hatred towards us by the mentally challenged BBC, they should all be banned from Ibrox,the thought of paying £140 a year to them or whatever it is for a licence would make me physically sick,thankfully I dont.

There was absolutely zero “good intentions” in the wording of that. Just spite and malice.

As I said yesterday regards the Mols incident, a retraction of it or even a subsequent apology aren’t enough - common decency and respect should tell you there’s things you just don’t do in the first place.

The minute’s silence is entirely appropriate you muppet.

Wow. Absolutely disgusted at that. NOBODY is remembering Fernando in the way he’s described there at all - not even Celtic supporters. Even they have the decency to appreciate he was a fantastic player in his day and fought a heroic battle against a terrible disease, which he knew was going to end his life.

This country has gone to the dogs. An absolute bloody disgrace.

And what do you say of a club that covered up the actions of a network of predatory paedophiles over a 40-50 year period.

You are a hypocritical piece of shit that must never be granted access to Ibrox or our players or staff for the remainder of your pathetic, twisted existence.

Let's make Rangers aware of this and ensure he is banned sine die.

I’d have sworn Forsyth was a bear, until now.
I’ve got to have been wrong.
I’m sickened by how many want to put the boot into Ricksen so soon after his passing.
It’s feckin vulgar.
He writes as a freelance for The Telegraph sports column occasionally on Scottish football. Always bigs the mentally challengeds up. Rarely comments on us and when he has its been less than complimentary. Seen through that arsewipe a long time ago.

The quicker the print media go out of business the better, don't buy their rags, don't support their sites, starve them out on social media.

Also if you watch the touching tribute video of the Feyenoord management & players paying tribute to Fernando at Ibrox, the press pack , in their clamour to get a photo they will get paid for, stand all over freshly laden fan tributes, they are classless, thoughtless and scumbags to their rotten core.

Saw that and it was shameful.

The lack of integrity in the Scottish media is astounding. We’ve seen classless clickbait (Mols tears), photographs stepping on fan tributes just to get a better ‘shot’ of Feyenoord management/players, and now inappropriate character assassinations just to make their piece more ‘interesting’.

I’m seeing plenty of Celtic fans calling out Spiers’ article. Sums it up. In death your enemies are no longer enemies, but the gutter press will remain so.

You are a cünt.

As a wee lad I heard someone say 'never speak ill of the dead' That is an awful piece of writing but BBC pay his wages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back