Rodgers sticking up for Pedro ???

The Goal Machine

Rodgers was less than impressed with some of Steven McLean's decisions in the Sunday fixture, though, saying he was not able to stay in control of the game.

The Motherwell win was clouded by several heated talking points including Bruno Alves' kick at Louis Moult and Ryan Bowman's elbow on Fabio Cardoso which broke his nose.

Both went unpunished - something Rodgers said he would have expected 30 years ago but not in 2017.

"I thought the authority from the officials in the game was poor," he said.

"When you're playing in that level of game I can see why Pedro [Caixinha] was probably annoyed because, like I said, there were a couple of incidents that went unpunished.

"You would maybe have got away with that in the '80s but surely not now. It certainly shouldn't have been the case."

He also brushed off suggestions it was a one-off problem, accusing Bowman of dirty play when Motherwell faced Celtic last year.

"I've seen the player who was involved in the incident in similar incidents," Rodgers said.

"That's the reality of it all. There was an incident with Kieran Tierney at Parkhead last season that went unpunished. There were a couple of incidents yesterday as well.

"We all want our teams to be aggressive and committal but there's a line and it's up to the officials to see that and act accordingly."

He added: "It was a physical game and that's what you want. You want them to be aggressive and press hard but you also want the officials to stamp out anything that goes beyond that.

"And I felt yesterday lacked authority in terms of officiating."

It's a pity he hasn't condemned weak referees treating 'Broonie' with kid gloves or allowing Kung Fu Gordon to remain on the pitch (might take him more seriously then)

This self loathing c*nt thinks he's a god up here. I don't give a f*ck what he thinks about our games he should keep his nose out of ours and everyone else's business rather than having an opinion on everything.

I'd love to see this clown in a proper title race and under pressure.

Did you sleep through the entire 2013/2014 season?

Rodgers commenting on a match that didn't involve him, slaughtering another team's player, suggesting his immediate opponent's manager gets a job elsewhere.............

You just know if that had been Pedro he would have been taken to task by not only the mhedia but the managers in question and would have been roundly condemned. Let's hear it then McInnes/Robinson, you are quick enough to have a dig at our manager when he strays into your territory.

This self loathing c*nt thinks he's a god up here. I don't give a f*ck what he thinks about our games he should keep his nose out of ours and everyone else's business rather than having an opinion on everything.

I'd love to see this clown in a proper title race and under pressure.

We're 6 points behind them at the end of October. It's indicative of how little confidence fans have in the management and the team that we don't consider this a proper title race.

I agree with the comments that Rodgers is simply looking after his own here with an eye on the Final.

He is asked to comment he tells the truth just as we all seen it!

Undoubtedly marking the refs card whoever he is ensuring Bowman is watched like a hawk in the final!

I said it yesterday that for the final, if Motherwell are allowed to play the way they did yesterday, then they’re in with a chance. Hence Rodgers now setting out his agenda to ensure the referee for that game gets the message.
I fancy a wee bet on Motherwell getting at least one player sent off in that game.

He's not sticking up for pedro, just making sure that he doesn't get such a poor referee in the final.

He is not daft, getting the message across for the final. This could have been nipped in the bud if they had nailed the clown who was talking about waiting on players at full time.

Exactly. This is Motherwell getting the message that any of their violent assaults like yesterday and red cards will be produced early doors in the Final. Also, I thought publicly criticising refs was bringing the game into disrepute ?

Last edited:
Commenting on a game not involving his team. 19th Century Terrorist, oily, rubber faced plank.

That’s Motherwell’s game plan in the final out the window. Same for at the weekend at Fir Park.

Quite interesting/honest comments from tim manager for once media probably wont be interested in what hes had to say. Not today anyway maybe closer to the final.

I dont think Motherwell will play that way in the final anyway they know the ref, whoever it is, wont let them. These scum clubs are not daft.

FFS if he said he didn't see anything wrong with the challenges we would be having a go. Of course he's looking at the final but he's called Bowman out for the thug he is. Bowman should be banned for the final.

He’s playing the media game to ensure he gets an agreeable ref in the Final and ‘All Elbows’ card is marked.

Not a stupid tactic but so much easier to do when you have a fawning press pack hanging off your every word like some kind of cult.

It's a pity he hasn't condemned weak referees treating 'Broonie' with kid gloves or allowing Kung Fu Gordon to remain on the pitch (might take him more seriously then)
I was just going to print something similar naming Broonie and Kung Fu Gordon but at least he is speaking out about that animal Bowman

Message is simple "That kind of refereeing won't be tolerated when Motherwell play us".

He also probably wants to keep Pedro in a job.

You can't knock his political nous. Bowman and Alves get 3 match bans, refs for Wednesday and the final warned by sellik boss. Job done.

Couldn't care less what Rodgers thinks, sick of this prick thinking he is some God like figure up here. He knows exactly what he's doing commenting on the match officials.

He is not sticking up for aped but merely making the card of the referee in the final.

He is not daft, getting the message across for the final. This could have been nipped in the bud if they had nailed the clown who was talking about waiting on players at full time.
Right enough , I never twigged about that getting the dig in before the final the fly wee fvcker and that keeps El Bowman feart to make his full contact challenges against the invincibles .

We're 6 points behind them at the end of October. It's indicative of how little confidence fans have in the management and the team that we don't consider this a proper title race.

I agree with the comments that Rodgers is simply looking after his own here with an eye on the Final.

here's two ways of looking at that. The other way is maybe some of the negativity could be tempered by that very salient point (and Wednesday might close that gap further)

He’s playing the media game to ensure he gets an agreeable ref in the Final and ‘All Elbows’ card is marked.

Not a stupid tactic but so much easier to do when you have a fawning press pack hanging off your every word like some kind of cult.

you spelt cult wrong!

Probably trying to butter up the referee for the final by putting it out there but i don't doubt Celtic get the same treatment from opposition players in matches. Don't have the talent to match? Start throwing elbows around and jsut be a dirty bastard in general

Back