Roger Hannah on Clyde

Classic getting carried away after Scotland taking a big scalp. Decent player but if he was capable of playing at that level he would have been targeted and away well before now.

Reactions: VGM
I did not hear Hannah but I heard Gerry McCulloch phoning in and he deliberately avoided saying the name of the player who scored two goals the last time Scotland beat Spain in 1984.

He’s probably their best player but he’s Miles away from being good enough for Any of Europes top teams.
He’s at his level.

Too be honest none of our midfield had much of the ball it was his work rate along with mctominay and mcginn that stood out also he had a few good passes as well as that run in last minute or 2 but did he stand out not for me it was in my opinion an accomplished performance by all 16 players on the field as someone else said on the post everyone has an opinion
Aye I think it’s when we never had the ball we played well if that makes sense

McGregor is absolutely nothing more than tidy I’ve yet to see him run a game and have a true standout performance at a high level

He lacks every quality need to be a top class midfielder

that is clearly an exaggeration, however he did perform well against a Spain so hence the comment regarding the two Spanish clubs.

It pains me to say it but he is a great wee player, I wish someone would buy him so he was no longer there’s.

Is it just me or am I the only one who thinks he’s bang average?

He runs around a lot, all you need to do is close him down and let him know he’s in a game the way Lundstram played him in last years SC semi.

We’ve done the same with him at Ibrox, you wouldn‘t even know he’s in the game.

As other posters have said, the modern day Paul McStay.

Typical Scotland, a 100% backs to the wall, fighting result against a big scalp. (which I futherly enjoyed btw)

And all of a sudden several of the players are elevated to near world class instead of good/decent players who played as a team and it all came together in a big game.

Yet a Southampton etc have never tried to sign him :rolleyes:

He’s a decent player, quietly effective type but he is nowhere near the likes of Modric, Kroos, Camivinga etc ffs.:))

Says the wee rhat McGregor looks good enough to play for Barcelona or Real Madrid.
And Mark Wilson said before the recent Scotland v Cyprus game that Robertson and Teirney were world class!!

Also managed to sneak in a comment about Jack not playing at the same level as the players from the English Premier League,
But as always with their ex players didn't include McGregor in that statement

And Mark Wilson said before the recent Scotland v Cyprus game that Robertson and Teirney were world class!!

Also managed to sneak in a comment about Jack not playing at the same level as the players from the English Premier League,
But as always with their ex players didn't include McGregor in that statement
Robertson is. Teirney not quite.

Yet a Southampton etc have never tried to sign him :rolleyes:

He’s a decent player, quietly effective type but he is nowhere near the likes of Modric, Kroos, Camivinga etc ffs.:))
Correct,

Gets continually found out in Europe,
I've seen European teams play the ball around him like he's invisible,

Another player who's vastly overrated in this country because the club he plays for regularly beat Aberdeen, St Johnstone etc, but when they get put out of Europe every season they suddenly go quiet

Robertson is. Teirney not quite.
Would disagree as Robertson plays in a Liverpool side that's nowhere near winning the lge or doing anything in Europe and the other one can't even get in to the Arsenal team,

But they both support Celtic and in this country that's the main thing for our friends in the media

Would disagree as Robertson plays in a Liverpool side that's nowhere near winning the lge or doing anything in Europe and the other one can't even get in to the Arsenal team,

But they both support Celtic and in this country that's the main thing for our friends in the media
They have had one bad season mate. They made the Champions League Final last season. They are still a top team and he is one of their best players. Arsenal are the best team in the country and they have a player ahead of him that suits the formation better, he's still a top player.

You are arguing against because of who they support.

McGregor during lockdown took Spanish lessons and is now almost fluent in that language. He was thinking of his future in their implosion season but shat himself to be tested.

Speaks Spanish. It’s the closest he would get to a top La Liga side.

That’s why people are tripping over themselves to buy him I take it? Pedo FC literally pay Clyde 1, nothing they say can be taken seriously.

They have had one bad season mate. They made the Champions League Final last season. They are still a top team and he is one of their best players. Arsenal are the best team in the country and they have a player ahead of him that suits the formation better, he's still a top player.

He's had two players ahead of him this season. Tomiyasu who has mostly been Arsenal's back-up right back this season was consistently picked ahead of Tierney when Zinchenko was injured for a period. So even with Zinchenko out Arteta was playing a right back ahead of Tierney. He's been their third choice left back this season.

True

He's had two players ahead of him this season. Tomiyasu who has mostly been Arsenal's back-up right back this season was consistently picked ahead of Tierney when Zinchenko was injured for a period. So even with Zinchenko out Arteta was playing a right back ahead of Tierney. He's been their third choice left back this season.
He doesnt suit the formation Arteta wants to play. Probably be gone to another EPL club come the summer. Doesn't make him a bad player but he's not World Class/Elite level neither.

He doesnt suit the formation Arteta wants to play. Probably be gone to another EPL club come the summer. Doesn't make him a bad player but he's not World Class/Elite level neither.

Didn't say he was a bad player just stating a fact that he's had two players ahead of him this season and not one. He's another who has regularly been linked to Real and Barca by the Scottish media, it really is laughable.

These clowns come up with that kind of rubbish all the time. Sure, he's a good SPL player. However, if he was that good, Celtic would have cashed in on him long ago.

Classic getting carried away after Scotland taking a big scalp. Decent player but if he was capable of playing at that level he would have been targeted and away well before now.
This, McStay and Brown have had statements by Scottish journos in bygone days exactly like it, they like pandering to their core muppets that buy the spreadsheets.

Hannah just comes over as a big sweetie wife, never says anything controversial, and always stays on-side with the other mob. Dull as dishwater.

I’m not going to slag him as he would walk into rangers midfield at the moment. Decent player who has made a mistake staying with Celtic. Should have went down south and tested himself

Another talked up Broono MK2. Just like his team fcukin mince in Europe so why do they think he's good enough for Barca or Real....file under pish.

So, I do rate him, and when he plays for Scotland, he generally been sound.

He's the tim's main man.

However, Barca/Real - lols.

Hannah just comes over as a big sweetie wife, never says anything controversial, and always stays on-side with the other mob. Dull as dishwater.

Hannah is the biggest arselicker of anything Celtc. He is terrified to say anything negative about that horrible club.

Back