Roma Fans Pay Tribute to Totti

One of the best players the Italians have ever produced, the man was a genius. An unbelievable #10, a goal machine when moved up front then brilliant again in his later 30's as he dropped back.

He turned down the galacticos, the chance to win every trophy in club football and the Ballon d'Or to stay with his club despite them being average at best a lot of years.

Brought Roma a Serie A title, several cups and the Italians a World Cup - his legacy in Rome will last longer than any trophy.

786 games - 307 goals - 201 assists.

Last edited:
Legend so easy thrown around,but when watching Italian football on Saturday morning and live match Sunday.You could see why he was so highly regarded by all.

Never really took to him the way i did others of that era. Then i watched his last game for rome.grown men and women crying,not one or two but half the stadium. I got it then.

I've cried a few times at some of the totties that played for us. The real one was a fabulous player, had the privilege to see him play in rome

Paul McStay?
1vxvIFY.gif

He’s no Del Piero!
That's a thread on its own it is incredible how many wonderful players of that type Italy produced over a 10 to 20 years period. Totti Del Piero, Baggio, Zola, Mancini. What a list, and without doing research I'm sure all of their careers overlapped.

Totti, what a player, he'd have played for Roma for free

You can't put a price on that kind of loyalty.

Reactions: KL2
Totti, what a player, he'd have played for Roma for free

You can't put a price on that kind of loyalty.

His quote on rejecting Madrid to stay with Roma is a belter.

''They taught us at school that family is the most important. Roma is my family. Have you ever heard of someone who left his poor parents to live with rich strangers?''

His quote on rejecting Madrid to stay with Roma is a belter.

''They taught us at school that family is the most important. Roma is my family. Have you ever heard of someone who left his poor parents to live with rich strangers?''
Whilst being paid handsomely by Roma, £75m over the course of his career :D

Whilst being paid handsomely by Roma, £75m over the course of his career :D

He would have more than doubled his salary and been in position to win far more trophies, team and individual.

Most players jump for less.

He's one of the major reasons why Roma are a sort of 'neutrals favourite' in my opinion. It was because of Totti and Batistuta that Roma were my second team when I was younger. That personal affinity diminished when he retired, and more so when De Rossi did as well.

Reactions: KL2
Some players just seem to be head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch. Totti had an aura that matched his talent. He will be forever remembered at Roma, like our hero’s at Rangers, the people who got to watch him in the flesh will be envied by those too young, think Baxter, Tiger Shaw, Waddell, and to those younger Laudrup, Gazza, Cooper, Super, Gough.

Mental to think that of you were born in the late 80's, all your memories as a Roma fan were with Totti as a player up until you were nearly 30!

I think Messi will be added to the list in the future

You would think so, however, listening to Graham Hunter on the Football Show yesterday, he was saying Barcelona are currently a political mess & that Messi has it in his contract that he can leave for free at the end of each season.

Not that I see him doing that.

Back