Roma try to steal Barisic for free

Coatbridge Chancellor

Borna Barisic Rangers transfer stance reiterated as club laugh out bizarre Roma claim
It's understood that it's been made clear to the Croatian international that he will not be sold midway through the season.

By
Keith Jackson
  • 23:14, 14 JAN 2020

Borna Barisic has been told by Rangers he won’t be sold for any price this January - despite bizarre claims that Roma hope to land him for free until the end of the season.
Record Sport understands it’s been made clear to the Croatian international that manager Steven Gerrard will not contemplate sanctioning his sale midway through the current campaign, at a time when his side is locked into a title battle at the top of the Premiership table.

It was reported in Italy on Tuesday that Serie A side Roma want to land the 27-year-old on a six-month loan deal as a replacement for Inter Milan bound left-back Leonardo Spinazzola. As part of that proposal the Italians would then have an option to make the deal permanent in the summer.
But that idea was laughed out of Ibrox on Tuesday afternoon with senior sources inside the club adamant that Barisic - who was also being monitored by Napoli earlier this season - will be going nowhere at such a crucial stage in the campaign.

In fact, Barisic has been valued at well in excess of £10m by recently appointed sporting director Ross Wilson and, as far as Gerrard is concerned as he heads into a title shoot-out with Celtic, the potential contribution of his £2.2m capture from Osijek could turn out to be priceless.
Gerrard is however open to offers for a string of fringe players with Scotland under 21 winger Glenn Middleton closing in on a loan switch to St Mirren after spending the first half of the season on a similar deal at Hibs.

It’s understood Greg Docherty, Jamie Murphy and American right back Matt Polster have also been told they are likely to be surplus to requirements during the second half of the campaign.

His spin on the laughable reports from Italy regarding a loan to buy (on the cheap). Is everyone in Italy on drugs?

standard transfer process in Italy, loan with confirmed fee to make the arrangement permanent.

BB us worth more than £10m too us.

hold my hands up, after the final game of last season, I’d have snapped your hand off for the £2m we paid for him.

See this PISH...

It's understood that it's been made clear to the Croatian international that he will not be sold midway through the season.
Borna Barisic has been told by Rangers he won’t be sold for any price this January
Record Sport understands it’s been made clear to the Croatian international that manager Steven Gerrard will not contemplate sanctioning his sale

It makes out Borna wants to leave and is being forced to stay.

The Daily Rhebel writes some shite!

Too crazy to be true, however, derisory offers are to be expected when the media regularly spout laughably low valuations of our players, while the tramps players are through the roof.

Last edited:
standard transfer process in Italy, loan with confirmed fee to make the arrangement permanent.

hold my hands up, after the final game of last season, I’d have snapped your hand off for the £2m we paid for him.
At the end of last season. We would have been delighted with

2m for Borna - we’d have taken have that if truth be told.
10m for Alfie - after the scum game
3m for jack - player who hit his ceiling.

Just as examples.

Funny old game

this reminds me of the time recently Jackson posted late at night that a massive exclusive was coming up at 11pm and it turned out to be an absolute nothing article. was it something to do with Kent?

Makes zero sense for us to sell Borna mid season and no sense for Borna to want to leave. First choice left back for Croatia with a major tournament coming up, no point risking his position with croatia by giving up his starting slot with us. Funnily enough Croatia's games are being played in Glasgow. Katic I'd imagine can't be to far away from caps either, especially as Borna is being watched when playing with us.

If we have intentions of selling or he has a wish to move on, then it is the perfect shop window this summer.

Hang on, is this not the same type of deal that WBA allegedly tabled for Tav?

It’s such a coincidence that the only time I’ve ever heard of this type of deal for a teams top players is when it’s our players.

File under made up nonsense.
Mbappe signed for PSG in the exact same type of deal.

Someone at the club should be knocking all this shite on the head. It could be getting written ( made up)to unsettle players !
Not a peep about Forrest going to Derby for £3m or McGregor to QPR on loan or Ntcham to Rennes for £5m . It's always ours linked and undervalued.

Yes, the slight difference being there was a gentleman's handshake of 180m Euros at the end of it. On top of that the only reason they loaned him was to stay within ffp.
This is bs journalism at best and insulting from Roma at worst.
Yes and that is the type of deal WBA wanted with Tavernier and Roma with Borna; a loan with an option to buy. We also done it with Murphy if I remember correctly although that may have been an obligation

I can't see him even considering a move at this point of the season with the Euros coming up in the summer and the fact he seems to be first choice for both club and his country.

We also would have a far bigger chance of getting a far bigger fee after the Euros if he keeps his present form up, so even if a big bid comes in we should hold tight.

Yes and that is the type of deal WBA wanted with Tavernier and Roma with Borna; a loan with an option to buy. We also done it with Murphy if I remember correctly although that may have been an obligation

The Mbappe deal wasn't an option to buy, they were obligated to pay the money. They only delayed it using the loan deal to meet FPP limits.

He has provided an absolutely essential balance to our side and it’s allowed our 433 to actually be a proper formation as he’s grew into his role. He’s irreplaceable currently in my view and I’m someone who wanted him gone very quickly as I’ve always seen our lack of width as the main issue.

We don’t win the League if we sell him, we revert straight back to hammering everything down Tavs side unless we spend the money we’d get for him on a replacement but even then, players need time to settle. As some of us know.

So we loan the Croatia left back to them for f all, halfway through the season when he is in sensational form, thrn they decide if they want to keep him?

That's a tough yin that :)):))
I was going to put a like but that answer deserves a real thumbs up. Made me laugh anyway.

I'm glad we've got the valuation spot on this time. North of £10m or forget even getting in touch.

Not only has the previous valuation of an inferior left back leaving Scotland been forgotten in Borna’s valuation, they have somehow managed to bring even the insulting 10m they are going with down to nowt.
Sooner the official app comes out the better and we can hopefully see old media disappear further from our phones.

Back