Roma try to steal Barisic for free

He has provided an absolutely essential balance to our side and it’s allowed our 433 to actually be a proper formation as he’s grew into his role. He’s irreplaceable currently in my view and I’m someone who wanted him gone very quickly as I’ve always seen our lack of width as the main issue.

We don’t win the League if we sell him, we revert straight back to hammering everything down Tavs side unless we spend the money we’d get for him on a replacement but even then, players need time to settle. As some of us know.
Absolute nonsense. If our title charge is dependant so much on one player, it’s a massive fail of management. He’s a good player no doubt but there’s only so much a full back can influence games over a season. There’s life after borna. If the price and timing is right - which may or may not be now, he should go.

It’s blatantly obvious we would not be selling our best players at such a time in the season, so I’m wondering who the senior member of Rangers staff are that talk to Keith Jackson, or is that just his shite?

In what universe would a team actually think they would get a key player as a try before you buy that are challenging for a league and still in Europe?

Fake News. There is no way Roma would even approach the club with that kind of deal.

Story is written to make it look like Roma value the player miles below us.

It’s a complete non story made up to give the likes of Jackson something to write about during the winter break, but also to help reinforce the belief that Rangers players are not worth as much as Celtic’s.

How many mentally challengeds are being linked to moves right now?

Deliberate mischief making if you ask me. The terrorist lovers must be getting worried

Yip, same with Charlie Nicholas yesterday saying we'd be happy with £7 million for Borna.

Worried/deluded/both.

I remember fondly the maniacs on here, when told "he'll be a player for us", would respond with "what's he done to prove it, you can't judge a player based on his international form, I'd bite your hand off to get our money back".

Croatian left back FFS :))

And if we had sold him, and he'd invariably performed well elsewhere, it wouldve been that "the shirt was too big for him"...

Good old Keech pretending to know about Rangers transfers when he gets zero information from the club. The last sentence about Murphy Docherty and Polster is hardly ground breaking news stick to being Lawwells puppet Keech

Rebel Sport understand that the Rangers support understands that it and its ugly sister the scottish Nun should be banned from Ibrox.

I would not accept anything less than a bid of 20million plus and I’m being serious. They mhanks got what 20+ for a crock and we have a full Croatian international player that in my mind is a better all round player. Plus if our ultras were ever in trouble Borna will take on the lot of them himself. Roma get to %^*&!!!

Absolute nonsense. If our title charge is dependant so much on one player, it’s a massive fail of management. He’s a good player no doubt but there’s only so much a full back can influence games over a season. There’s life after borna. If the price and timing is right - which may or may not be now, he should go.
The timing is not right. Ludicrous to even hint that it is.

Mbappe signed for PSG in the exact same type of deal.
That was purely to get round FFP rules though.

If there is any truth in the Rona offer then it just shows the arrogance of them. Because they're in the top 4 leagues in Europe, they think we'll just accept any offer.

It’s 20m or go away has to be.

KT went for 25 but we all know that was stupid.

The article reeks to the heavens

See this PISH...

It makes out Borna wants to leave and is being forced to stay.

The Daily Rhebel writes some shite!

Whilst forced is probably Too strong a word, for the players perspective.

wage rise, Rome and much better weather.

i doubt he would need much convincing if we were to allow to talks to commence.

My worry now is that Borna’s head is turned by all this and we end up with an unhappy player for the rest of the season.

standard transfer process in Italy, loan with confirmed fee to make the arrangement permanent.

BB us worth more than £10m too us.

hold my hands up, after the final game of last season, I’d have snapped your hand off for the £2m we paid for him.

Agree with you. I was of that opinion too.

I wasn’t calling the guy a shite bag & abusing him right enough, but I did think we should replace him.

Humble Pie Loyal:cool:

If we had balls that should result in us going back to them and telling them £50m with a 80% sell on fee or %^*& off. In other words - %^*& off. We won't be doing business with you period.

Roma wanted Barisic on loan. For free. According to the Rhetard.

The Pulitzer must be on the way to their office already.

Another small point, Borna cost less than £2.2m. It's funny how valuations of our players are rounded down but transfer fees paid exaggerated.

Surprised so many are dismissing the story completely. Serie A is absolutely stacked with weird structured deals. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they came in with a loan deal with an option/requirement to buy as it is really common there as they don't have the level of cash of the EPL.

Regardless, we should tell them to get to %^*& and concentrate on trying to win the league.

There is absolutely no danger we would let a first team regular go out on loan until the end of the season with a buyer's option. That would be fucking madness, we'd receive no benefit of the player on the park, retain the full risk of him getting an injury and receive only a small loan fee? Abolutely no chance.

The only thing that concerns me is the amount of news flow around Borna makes you think his agent is pretty active in trying to engineer a move.

Someone at the club should be knocking all this shite on the head. It could be getting written ( made up)to unsettle players !
Not a peep about Forrest going to Derby for £3m or McGregor to QPR on loan or Ntcham to Rennes for £5m . It's always ours linked and undervalued.

Are these hypothetical transfers or serious ones?

If we had balls that should result in us going back to them and telling them £50m with a 80% sell on fee or %^*& off. In other words - %^*& off. We won't be doing business with you period.
Well thank f*ck you’re not in charge of our transfer dealings.

Surprised so many are dismissing the story completely. Serie A is absolutely stacked with weird structured deals. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they came in with a loan deal with an option/requirement to buy as it is really common there as they don't have the level of cash of the EPL.

Regardless, we should tell them to get to %^*& and concentrate on trying to win the league.

I think this is the point.

Roma can offer any ‘weird structured deal’ they like; we won’t be selling in this window unless it’s a completely daft bid like £30m, cash, all up front.

I don’t think either the club or the player will be paying any attention to it.

It’s just something for us to talk about while there’s no actual football being played.

Barisic is up there as the best Rangers left back in my lifetime - almost as good as Numan — but he should absolutely be sold in the summer if we're being offered a fee in excess of 10 million. He is 28 in November and his value from there will only decrease.

A lot of fans seem to crave the buy low, sell high MO but then shirk at the thought of us actually putting it into practice.

At the end of last season. We would have been delighted with

2m for Borna - we’d have taken have that if truth be told.
10m for Alfie - after the scum game
3m for jack - player who hit his ceiling.

Just as examples.

Funny old game
Absolutely mate,the players deserve huge credit in turning up their performance levels- but the staff are making this happen imo.

Just a personal opinion having read a bit about him,but Beale is a f.ucking genius in my eyes and a perfect balance between him,Gmac and the gaffer.

Back