Romanian Cup Final - Rangers Related.

DeeGer10

Game is live now on YouTube I believe it’s the official stream and therefore legal.

If Astra win (Red) - We’re unseeded in the 2nd round of Europa League qualifiers should we make it.

If Viitorul win (Blue) - We’re seeded.

I'll take blame for that goal. Scored about 5 seconds after I started watching

Not being seeded last season was actually of huge benefit to us given the luck of the draw.
Trying to work this out in my head.

Osijek were seeded we were not so we drew them.

Osijek and Rangers were unseeded for R3 IIRC and drew Maribor who were seeded. We then took Maribor seeding cause we won.

If anything being seeded would’ve made it slightly easier as we’d of played a lower ranked team in R2 instead of Osijek and the rest could’ve potentially been the same.

This is not really the case as seeded teams will lose in the 1st round and bump everyone up.
1st and 2nd round draws are done at the same time.

Last year we had Rangers/Shkupi vs Petrocub/Osijek

2nd round is drawn about an hour or so after the first round draw.

This is not really the case as seeded teams will lose in the 1st round and bump everyone up.

Do they not draw the first two rounds at the start? I’m sure they did last year, we knew we’d be facing Osijek or some other mob from the start.

The number 10 for Viitorul is the son of Hagi, seems to be the only one with any ability

The number 10 for Viitorul is the son of Hagi, seems to be the only one with any ability

Agreed they look bloody awful in the short minutes I’ve seen . Can’t see a goal coming .

Fck it bring on wolves in the second round !

Didn't know they bought him permanently. 2m euros is a big fee for a Romanian team is it not?

Edit: I did not know Hagi was the owner and founder of Viitorul, that would explain the fee.

Back