Romelu Lukaku Tweet

Fair play to Alfie, wouldn't have expected it from him, shows how much he has come on and the respect he has.
Even after the game the show of respect by both teams,

There's the key word.

It didn't, so you're trying to create a scenario to get angry about.

As for diving? The boy never even went down until after the play had stopped.
I think he meant people dive and play act injuries all the time, so we should play to the whistle. I agree with him, he's right. If we didn't win that tonight it's guaranteed people on here would not be so forgiving.
That said, it really does show Alfie in a different light to how our shitty MSM portray him as. He's a good guy, not some monster like they try to make out.

I saw people moaning here and am like "WTF"....then of course you clock the times of the posts and realise we weren't through yet.

Can argue till you're blue in the face if it was right or not.....but its completely irrelevant. We're through. Forget about it and move on.

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but Craigain??
I hate when he is on our games. Complete muppet in my opinion.
Agreed, he offers f8ck all in terms of tactical analysis and I really don't get this claim he's a bear. He sounds like he hates us. I can't stand him on the commentary.

With the blue tinted specs on yes it could have been an opportunity to get a goal and had he played on I would have said fine. It ultimately never harmed us and unless the opposition are acting like complete scumbags I have no problem with fair play and sportsmanship. You can ask if it was a mistake or not all players make mistakes but given his performance even if this was a mistake it really does not matter. Nice to see others show positivity for Morelos no need for negativity from us.

I'm not going to lie, it really annoyed me at the time.
However, since we sailed through, credit to Alfredo, genuine upstanding human being. Great sportsmanship.

If that had been a league game, Morelos would have been yellow carded, and the compliance officer, after media outrage would have changed it to red with extended 5 game ban

If anything I’d think he was a mentally challenged.
Exactly. You get folk like Keevins having a go at Celtic when they're playing badly, but that's because they are mentally challengeds and are hurting so lash out. But the likes of Craigan have digs at us when we're doing well. What's the reason for that if he's a bear? F8ck him and all the other so-called bears in the media who constantly take potshots at us.

We won. Alfie was magnificent tonight. UEFA will give him a sportsmanship award. Tim's will be apoplectic.

What's not to like.

:shh: :))

FBS
As well as the tims, the SFA will be furious. Does this mean they and the new Compliance Officer will have to think about treating him fairly?

You sound like you've got a lot of anger. Even at the time I said to my lad he 100% did the right thing.
Why though? Their player was going off the park, he wasn't in any danger, Morelos stopping play didn't help anyone really. I understand why he did it, but I don't get why it was "the right thing".

Next round of an European competition at stake and he’s on his phone instead of trying to rectify the situation. They get paid handsomely, it surely not too much to concentrate on the job in hand for two hours .
I'm not sure if you are being serious

Stupid by Morelos
In one instant hes just made a complete mochery of the "most hated player in Scotland" horse shit we've been force fed for 3 years ffs.

Maybe you never noticed several Antwerp players shake his hand ! It's called sportsmanship and the buff has a lot more of it in him than he's given credit for. When did you ever see a griffiths for example do anything like that?

As well as the tims, the SFA will be furious. Does this mean they and the new Compliance Officer will have to think about treating him fairly?
1uCUn5p.gif

Yeah, that'll happen

Even that fascist psycho Dicanio did something similar.
Doesn't excuse his other scummy behaviour.

Alfie on other hand is an all round good guy, and he plays for the Famous Glasgow Rangers.

Thought it was a brilliant sportsmanlike gesture from a guy who we love but others hate. Oh and btw it wasn’t a goal scoring opportunity as such, there was still a lot of work to do and they’d got players back. Good on you Alfie!

My mate text me “what the %^*& was Alfie doing there “ ... my reply was karma what goes around comes around mate !!!! Bang goalfest , your honour I rest my case ;)

I think he meant people dive and play act injuries all the time, so we should play to the whistle. I agree with him, he's right. If we didn't win that tonight it's guaranteed people on here would not be so forgiving.
That said, it really does show Alfie in a different light to how our shitty MSM portray him as. He's a good guy, not some monster like they try to make out.
We did win it, comfortably so, and people are still raging :))

Alfie did the right thing, you could see how much the Antwerp players appreciated it.
If Alfie had pulled up and an Antwerp player stopped the game, this board would be unanimous in praise.
It's a shame some can't extend that to our own player.

Hes a fcking gem of a boy simple as that,I just hope he stays with us and SG because when SG goes to Liverpool am sure Alfie will be his first signing

Great sportsmanship shown by Alfie, but I could just imagine if Ibrox was packed with fans, what reaction he would have received at that point.???

People having a go at Alfie for this - that says far more about them than it does him.

It was instinctual. Alfie running up against their defender, and the guy was clearly hurt and in a lot of pain. INSTANTLY Alfie stopped the game to let the guy get help.

Tells you everything you need to know about his character.

The empty stadium effect possibly had an impact on the situation.

The guy probably let out quite a roar of pain if his hamstring popped and that maybe had a bearing in Alfie instantly stopping play.

Had 50k been in the ground, I honestly think that would have played out differently.

But whatever the reason, it was an outstanding piece of sportsmanship from Buff.

Crocker & Walker would have claimed that Alfie was cheating his team mates and demanded that the C.O. take action.
Aye but would they have spent the rest of the game showing the incident and highlighting a piece true sportsmanship integrity for the benefit of the man! This is a retorical question brought to you by Blue Nose Whistler.

Back