Ronaldinho - bet you can’t watch without smiling

Outstanding footballer, to think he never got a kick off the ball on his first visit to Ibrox with PSG

Probably the biggest compliment you can pay him is that he won the World Cup, Copa America, Confederations Cup, U17 World Cup, 97 caps for Brazil, played for Milan, Barcelona & PSG, won La Liga twice, Serie A once, Copa Libertadores, UEFA Champions League, European Footballer of the Year, FIFA World Player of the Year (twice) and a Ballon D’Or and yet you can legitimately say he never fulfilled his potential

What a player. That dinked goal v Chelsea.

The unorthodox overhead kick v Villarreal was my favourite goal of his. Seemed to jump from his wrong foot if that makes sense.

Unbelievable player, he’s definitely the greatest showman I’ve seen on a football pitch, he’d pull tricks I never even knew existed till he’d done them.

The goal at Stamford Bridge sums him up, because it was like a magic trick and he was a magician. Now you see it *defenders wait for the threaded through pass* bang! Now you don’t *fires the ball into the corner of the net when no one saw it coming*

He’s in the ‘joy to watch’ category, along with others such as Neymar, Messi and Pirlo.

I his prime he was a joy to watch, never seen a player who used so many skills and tricks. Pity he never applied himself properly. Imagine if he had the work ethic of C. Ronaldo?

I his prime he was a joy to watch, never seen a player who used so many skills and tricks. Pity he never applied himself properly. Imagine if he had the work ethic of C. Ronaldo?

To be honest that's what I think made him so endearing as a player, made it all look so effortless without barely bursting a sweat most of the time.

He’s in the ‘joy to watch’ category, along with others such as Neymar, Messi and Pirlo.

Can’t agree about Neymar. His constant cheating and play acting just makes me hope someone will split the fud in two.

The other three for sure though :)

Messi is the greatest player ever imo. His records are unbelievable. Ronaldinho is one of the most technically skillful and played with the greatest personality. One of the best, and a personal favourite. As are many from his time.

Him, Messi and R9 would be my favourite front three ever.

I can appreciate everything Ronaldo (Portuguese) does but those three I mention just have something he doesn't for me.

Can’t agree about Neymar. His constant cheating and play acting just makes me hope someone will split the fud in two.

The other three for sure though :)

Neymar taints himself with those pathetic antics.

However pulling off rainbow flicks etc. in vital league and champions league games is unbelievable.

Also, he’s one of the few who does things with the ball at his feet where I just don’t know how it was pulled off.

Plus he hates the rhabids, and particularly, their PC plod at left back!

Last edited:
To be honest that's what I think made him so endearing as a player, made it all look so effortless without barely bursting a sweat most of the time.

Good point, there is something I love about carefree football like that where players can just express themselves.

It’s a highly disciplined and tactical game now, where everyone has their own very specialized roles.
This is typified by the center of midfield where you have players who can either defend or attack - no all action box to box players really exist, it’s all highly restricted and disciplined.

That’s why when games open up and everything is a bit looser and more imaginative football is at its most entertaining.

I can appreciate everything Ronaldo (Portuguese) does but those three I mention just have something he doesn't for me.
From my life time (1998) it would be hard to argue that. Imagine that team with Zidane behind them.

Adriano should have been on that list, on his day he was like R9 on steroids. What a waste.

Think how many goals Messi, Neymar and Suarez scored. Now imagine Messi, Ronaldo & Ronaldinho. Frightening.

I think people forget how good Ronaldo was before he got injured. As a 16 year old he was scoring 5 goals in one game in the Brazilian league. Moved to Europe as a teenager and was nearly hitting a goal per game which was nearly unheard of then. Ballon d'Or winner at 19/20.

Just sheer talent. Those 3 you mentioned could %^*& off for a couple months on the bevvy and come back and still be the best through sheer talent. Not saying CR7 isn't talent because obviously he is. I fell he has to work so much harder to maintain his level where as its almost natural. Messi is just another planet the way he can move at his speed with the ball a meer few inches away from his feet. Very lucky time to be alive amongst these players.

Neymar taints himself with those pathetic antics.

However pulling off rainbow flicks etc. in vital league and champions league games is unbelievable.

Also, he’s one of the few who does things with the ball at his feet where I just don’t know how it was pulled off.

Plus he hates the rhabids, and particularly, their PC plod at left back!
Neymars the definition of flair i think. A whiney lady's front bottom. But just reeks of Brazilian talent.

Probably the biggest compliment you can pay him is that he won the World Cup, Copa America, Confederations Cup, U17 World Cup, 97 caps for Brazil, played for Milan, Barcelona & PSG, won La Liga twice, Serie A once, Copa Libertadores, UEFA Champions League, European Footballer of the Year, FIFA World Player of the Year (twice) and a Ballon D’Or and yet you can legitimately say he never fulfilled his potential
That is mind numbingly staggeringly true and I can’t believe I never realised that till now!! Great point mate

If you compare his number of goals & assists with messi or Ronaldo it doesnt explain just how good he was. Sometimes stats just dont show how talented a player is.He was phenomenal.op was right its hard not to smile when you watch him

Back