Ronaldo - A lesson for us all?

Id imagine Wright gained 4kg of weight since joining, not all muscle, even for an athlete its very hard to gain just muscle without some fat/water, especially in a month or two.
This. I don't think a lot of people realise just how dramatic 4kg of lean muscle is. Factor in water weight etc. And you're looking at close to a stone. On someone with Wright's frame that would be very obvious.

People have a pop at him for various things but I begrudge him nothing. He has worked hard to get to where he is, off the pitch he does a number of charitable things he is a true role model for kids

Wait until he eventually retires. He’ll go mental on the bevvy and takeaways. He’ll acquire a taste for them, who wouldn’t after those years of deprivation.

He moved the cola bottles but why didn’t he remove the sign behind him as it has Heineken on it and that’s just as bad for you supposedly

He moved the cola bottles but why didn’t he remove the sign behind him as it has Heineken on it and that’s just as bad for you supposedly
Did u actually expect him to start ripping down signs?

I'm sure if bottles of Heineken were sitting in front of him he'd have moved them too

“Messi is a God given talent”

Apart from the growth hormones.
Well aye, he was incredibly talented at football so he got hormones that he needed to get on a level playing field and showcase his talent.

How many 4’7 footballers are there?.

The Scottish attitude is quite telling… it can’t be dedication, hard work, desire, diet - it must be drugs.

Look at Aribo, Kent, Katic - maybe it’s just doing the right things and looking after your body as an elite athlete should.

I wouldn’t imagine Katic would stay the same size when his Cardio increases. He’s been in the gym solid because he’s been unable to train on the grass. Kent and Aribo are great athletes and the change in Aribo in particular is amazing as he is rapidly growing into his body. Incidentally- Goldson also has changed shape significantly while with us.

None of these guys have got to that Ronaldo/Adama Traore/the bundesliga guy etc kind of level of physique though.

In terms of hard work and desire - no one says the guys potentially using PEDs don’t have this - in fact that’s what drives athletes to use them.
Ronaldo is the prime example of adhering to everything you mention.

I remember Ferdinand saying that when he was at Man Utd he went round Ronaldos house and he had teams of people surrounding him, looking after his diet, fitness etc

In essence, the money he was making from Man Utd he was ploughing back into himself by employing people to make him even better

Did u actually expect him to start ripping down signs?

I'm sure if bottles of Heineken were sitting in front of him he'd have moved them too
Well aye if he is against cola he should have ripped down the signs if he was trying to make a point

You don’t think the case that they are just far more professional has anything to do with it?

Im sure Wright put on something like 4kg of muscle after joining us from Aberdeen for example
The man is an example to everyone. As a footballer he has arrogance. You either like or hate but if anyone deserves to be arrogant is him. He worked his ass off to be the best. He's made history. His charitable work outside of football is extraordinary. His humbleness away from the game is an example to all. From a footballing perspective he understood firmly the game is short lived. His athleticism and dedication has created longevity and excellence. There is no one like him in the modern game. Messi has incredible skill but Ronaldo is a complete package.

Aye, however will he cope with having nutritionists and chefs all around him, the best tutors in the world, elite sportsmen surrounding him, the boys destined to fail.
Is having all that a guarantee you won’t have issues in life? Plenty rich folk have illnesses.

Definitely been on PEDs.

I think he’s far from alone though, I think the EPL for example is full of it.

Right down to the level that you look at the build and athleticism of some English youngsters compared to Scottish and it’s night and day. This shouldn’t be the case with such a small geographical distance.

Any sport where there’s so much cash is tainted with it - Tennis, Boxing, cycling. I don’t think football will be any different.
Utter garbage, the Scottish diet and mindset in football has been for a longtime vastly different to England. Scotland historically has the worst dietary habits of any country in Europe.

9350204.jpg
katic-insta.jpg

Guys on here think it must be PEDs cause they go to the gym 3 times a week and only have pints or a takeaway on a Saturday and they still have a belly B-D

If you're already an elite athlete and you hire top nutritionists and trainers to fill you with lean protein and unrefined carbs, and optimise 5+ workouts a week, you're going to see incredible results at an incredible rate.

Wonder how much Coca-cola paid to have those bottles sat there and if they think it was worth it? :D
That little stunt temporarily wiped billions off the value of coca-cola!

I notice there are a few on here insinuating he’s a bufty. Have you seen his wife? She’s fucking incredible. They have a brood of kids together too. Not sure I believe that one

I think Ronaldo is incredible.

I’ve been watching football for 35yrs or so and I can’t think of another player with such dedication over his entire career to improving every single aspect that he can. Technique, decision-making, contribution to the team, fitness, longevity... he has made a point of working on each of these and as a result is still banging in goals at major international tournaments well into his 30s, with no sign of physically flagging.

There’s a poster of Ronaldo with a caption about training on my son’s wall and I think for any kid who plays football then Ronaldo should be held up as the example of why you train well and put your all into it.

I should be way too old to be all giddy about heroes but I am in awe of Ronaldo and the way he has gone about his career.

Guys on here think it must be PEDs cause they go to the gym 3 times a week and only have pints or a takeaway on a Saturday and they still have a belly B-D

If you're already an elite athlete and you hire top nutritionists and trainers to fill you with lean protein and unrefined carbs, and optimise 5+ workouts a week, you're going to see incredible results at an incredible rate.
This 100%. Some of the reply's on this thread are typical of social media conversations regarding PED's and natural athletic builds. Dedication to the cause will always reap incredible results. Add elite genetics to the pot and builds like Ronaldo's are very achievable naturally.

Elite athlete with thousands of hours of fitness training and gym work is in excellent shape - Fat man on sofa eating a burger and typing away with greasy fingers on his mobile phone "must be drugs, no way he looks like that when I look like this" :))
A wee exaggeration there for likes.

If someone paid me £900k a week (that’s just his Juve wage) I would also only drink water and be built like a whippet. Sh@@e at football though so that’s not happening.

On ability alone, he would have probably only turned out a very good player, but his dedication and attitude has made the absolute most of his talents, and he’ll go down as one of the greatest ever because of that.
His ability being questioned ?Really :oops:

Leon Goretzka.

It wasn't pre season. It was post the first lockdown. A few of the Bayern players came back yolked and won the Champions League.

Transformation was ridiculous, was like Space Jam when the monsters came back roided up

I think if it was as simple as application and lift and shift of whatever is happening in the big leagues then someone would be doing it here already.

I don’t doubt that Wright has gained 4 kg but pro body builders on allsorts of gear would struggle to pile on that of pure muscle that in the same time. Not a bad thing if it’s not all muscle though football is more about performance.

There’s people a lot more qualified to give insight than me on that but the surplus of calories, and effort in the gym to do this would make it really difficult for him to perform on the park. Also gaining muscle alone is very difficult.
Pro bodybuilders are already at their natural capacity, they've trained well beyond their newb gains, they're not going to put kilos of muscle in a single cycle even with gear because they already well exceed what their bodies would be able to put on naturally.

Back