Ronaldo agrees £3.3 million a week contract with Al Nassr

“a complete toilet”…how many times have you been to Saudi mate ?

I’ve been twice with work. If it wasn’t for high wages nobody would go. I stand by it, it’s a dump. Living in some compound

Stupid move? £13.2m big ones per month, tax free for 2 years. A crazy move right enough

Totally ridiculous. Just looks like a total idiot. Has an interview where he complains about professionalism and then signs for the equivalent of a league 1 team in England. The fact he is moving somewhere for the money when he could play in any league in the world makes him look like an idiot.

Totally ridiculous. Just looks like a total idiot. Has an interview where he complains about professionalism and then signs for the equivalent of a league 1 team in England. The fact he is moving somewhere for the money when he could play in any league in the world makes him look like an idiot.
Errr I’m not sure he gives a %^*& to be honest. You would do the exact same as he is if that type of cash is getting laid down

Errr I’m not sure he gives a %^*& to be honest. You would do the exact same as he is if that type of cash is getting laid down

I think I would just retire or go back to play in Portugal. Obviously never going to be in that position but he just looks like a walloper after that interview.

He has more money than he could ever spend. Trust me. If had the money he has. I would knock it back. No doubt. Not everyone's life is ruled by the coin.

Don't talk nonsense mate. It's not like he has been offered it to go and work in the mines Siberia mate. He is being offered ridiculous amounts to essentially semi retire and still live like a prince with less stress than he'd have at any European club. For the first time in his life he will probably enjoy a degree of anonymity or at least not being mobbed everywhere he goes.

Last edited:
More money in a month than what we spend in a transfer window.

Annoys the shite out of me but that’s modern day football for you.

Fair play to Ronaldo if he can sign a deal on those terms.

As if someone, anyone, is going to knock back £3m a week FFS.

Who cares how much money he has already. This is a guy whose career at the top level is clearly over yet he has done it all in the game. There's nothing left for him to prove so why not go and make that ridiculous amount of money in semi retirement?

Not like he is pissing off at 27 having won nothing in Europe.

Of course it matters how much money he already has as it pretty much means getting £3 million a week is meaningless to him now. Not as if it’s life altering money for him.

To go to a footballing backwater is to give up being a top level player, something he was at pains to state in that interview he still was.

Folk saying “none of us would turn that money down”. Quite the difference between the working man in the street turning that money down and an already multi millionaire doing it (and effectively retiring after making a fuss about not playing in the Champions League) :D

Last edited:
manager (whit position I prefer men ye like tae play son) ronaldo (eh al jist stay up front boss and take aw the glory fur scorin the goals boss. let the rest i these lazy bastards dae aw the runnin aboot efter aw am 37 year auld. manager (aye right ye are son hope ye ehjoy yer 3.3 m[llion a week.SCANDALOUS!!!

I know he has nothing to prove, and the money is obviously insane, but still seems a bit weird from a footballing perspective. You’d think he’d want to go out at the highest possible level, not essentially quietly retire in a league that no one will ever watch.

His last 3 clubs are Real Madrid, Juventus and Man U, and he's 38 in two months.

You cant get a higher level than that esp for someone his age. And he's still scoring in the world cup.

“Cristiano Ronaldo Tops the List of the 20 Most Charitable Athletes in the World”​

Of course it’s a lot easier to do when you have the money he has made.

His last 3 clubs are Real Madrid, Juventus and Man U, and he's 38 in two months.

You cant get a higher level than that esp for someone his age. And he's still scoring in the world cup.

What's gone before isn't relevant. You can get 1000 clubs higher than the Saudi league, that's the point. MLS / A-League / literally every other league in Europe would be more prestigious.

18 goals in a woeful Man utd side last season. That´s a very decent return.

Still has plenty to offer high level clubs in europe.
Had a good run between the start of the season and Christmas, form fell of a cliff after Christmas until Easter when top 4 was done.

They scored more the 2 season prior to making Ronaldo the main man. He's finished which is why no one is interested.

I wouldnt . Folk are hypnotised by money . I live out in Spain on enough to eat out or get pissed when I want and I'm perfectly content . Take my word I'm still of an age I could work a few years more for more money but I cant be arsed .
I've all I need . Ronaldo can get better shiny stuff than I can but that's about it as far as I can see .
where in spain bro

I wouldnt . Folk are hypnotised by money . I live out in Spain on enough to eat out or get pissed when I want and I'm perfectly content . Take my word I'm still of an age I could work a few years more for more money but I cant be arsed .
I've all I need . Ronaldo can get better shiny stuff than I can but that's about it as far as I can see .

What you say makes perfect sense but Ronaldo comes from abject poverty and is driven by insecurity.

If I’d earned my current salary in every year I’ve ever worked I would still have earned less than half his alleged weekly wage.

But hey, a footballers career is short etc, etc, etc….

The fabulous lifestyles of the rich and famous take fabulous sums of money to maintain.

He had one big move left, i bet he never never saw it being this big!

Fair play to him imho. Whether you me or anyone else, likes or dislikes him, that is some deal he has got himself.

Aye, I'd turn down 3 x my money, because the job I've been offered is easier than the current one.

Aye, I'd turn down 3 x my money, because the job I've been offered is easier than the current one.

It’s that he looks like a complete idiot after saying one of the main reasons he didn’t want to stay at Man Utd was due to the professionalism around him. As ever it is only ever about the money with him and nothing to do with Man Utd

It’s that he looks like a complete idiot after saying one of the main reasons he didn’t want to stay at Man Utd was due to the professionalism around him. As ever it is only ever about the money with him and nothing to do with Man Utd
Can you enlighten me what was specifically said about professionalism around him that's not possible to be better at a "smaller", but potentially better run club?

I don't think the size or previous stature of a club, specifically means it would be better run?

Perhaps a lack of professionalism which might not exist at another club is the lack of support or understanding about losing his son? Perhaps it's specific players although talented lack professionalism to really be their best? Like Sancho who's fallen by the wayside, and by all accounts lacks professionalism.

Jose Mourinho pointed to this about other United players too as did van Gaal.

No doubt he's gone after the money now, if there's not a better footballing offer on the table then quite right. But United are hardly a well ran club and have been in freefall due to that for a long time.

He's pretty close to being finished now, he's not going to go to a team that can compete in the CL, might as well grab the coin at 38 years old.

Last edited:
Took the huff at Man Utd because they didn’t qualify for the CL.

Goes to play in a backwater league, mega money notwithstanding.

Throbber.

That and telling us that Man Utd have a lack of ambition and that he wants to remain a Champions League player.

Did he mean the Asian Champions League? Guy's a prick.

I see his new PR man Piers has said it’s bollocks. If anyone knows it will be the man that’s spent the last month giving him a verbal rimjob

Portugal manager dropped him to the bench for tonight after his hissy fit the other day.

Back