Ronaldo asks to leave Man U

Bayern if Lewandowski actually leaves.. can’t see anywhere else being feasible.

Seeing him back at Real Madrid would be nice though.

I can understand why people dislike him but all signs point to him wanting to compete for major honours (including the champions league) in what will be the final years of an unbelievable career. Won’t get that at United, who are falling further behind city and Liverpool as they keep waiting on de Jong. Like him or not, the guys a winner and the United move was miscalculation to say the least.

With the career this guy has had, he’s wanting to go out on a high, not fizzle out at the horror show that is United.

Be interesting to see where he ends up.

Quite right he deserves to be at a club challenging for trophies. 20+ goals last season in the worse Man Utd team ive seen since the 80s is some going.

Quite right he deserves to be at a club challenging for trophies. 20+ goals last season in the worse Man Utd team ive seen since the 80s is some going.
The finished second and ended up in the Europa league final the season before. Given Moyes, Giggs and Van Gaal sides finished lower within the last decade I’m not sure how that could be possible.

They had to play for him and around his deficiencies and it shafted them big time. Going on a truly honking run of form between Christmas and March where he only managed two goals against Burnley and Brighton is what more or less ended their season, and it wasn’t as though he wasn’t getting chances either. Padding the numbers out with a couple of hat-tricks at the end just papers over that, for some anyway.

This is a decent result for Ten Haag. He would have had a big decision to make on Ronaldo and him taking it out his hands will probably suit him.

Bayern wouldn't break their wage structure for him.
Real wouldn't want him (IMO) unless it's for shirt sales. Look at the season Benzema's just had.
PSG, not sure they'd want him either? Although they supposedly want rid of Neymar.

If it wasn't for Ronaldo and De Gea Man U would have finished in the bottom half last season TBH.

Their "second place" finish was a complete shit show of a season, for both them and the EPL in general really, their points total was complete dog shit that season factoring in the utter state of the sides around them

I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up at Chelsea.

If it wasn't for Ronaldo and De Gea Man U would have finished in the bottom half last season TBH.

Their "second place" finish was a complete shit show of a season, for both them and the EPL in general really, their points total was complete dog shit that season factoring in the utter state of the sides around them

I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up at Chelsea.
Don’t talk pish Danger Zone thinks it’s all Ronaldos fault. None other than the fact that he just doesn’t like him.

Ronaldo is a phenomenon.

An athlete who has brought so much to the game.

The shape he is in, is unbelievable.

However, Messi has more natural skill.

Ronaldo works at his game.

Messi didn't need to.
This thread really doesn't need to be a Messi v Ronaldo debate but if you're going to be like that, Ronaldo didn't have to take steroids to fit into an adult sized football strip. Behave.

Don’t talk pish Danger Zone thinks it’s all Ronaldos fault. None other than the fact that he just doesn’t like him.

Which if nothing else shows you the way that guys thinks about football. This simplistic uneducated idea that one guy took a team backwards in the space of a season is foolish thinking, in the kindest possible way.

Let’s just ignore all the other issues and factors that led to a 2nd place finish the season before and the shitshow we witnessed this season and let’s also ignore the number of goals the guy scored that ultimately rescued them from embarrassment.

Maybe the new manager told him he’s not guaranteed a start or similar & he’s not having it.
Whilst his scoring rate is not in doubt ,I would imagine the new chap don't want to build a team around a 37 years old CF.
That means less game time or shunted out to the wide area for 60 or 30 mins .
They'd have been lost without him but trying to shoehorn him into the side means they maybe can't play the way the new bloke wants ,unless CR bends a bit

Which if nothing else shows you the way that guys thinks about football. This simplistic uneducated idea that one guy took a team backwards in the space of a season is foolish thinking, in the kindest possible way.

Let’s just ignore all the other issues and factors that led to a 2nd place finish the season before and the shitshow we witnessed this season and let’s also ignore the number of goals the guy scored that ultimately rescued them from embarrassment.
He also blamed him for taking juventus backwards when they had absolute duds like the most greediest guy I’ve ever seen in caudrado. Also rabiot, Ramsey bentancour. Don’t even get me started on schezney how on earth that guy is number 1 at juve staggers belief.

Incedentily after splashing £66m on a new striker they still finished fourth again with 20 goals less than the previous season when Ronaldo was banging them in.

Last edited:
He also blamed him for taking juventus backwards when they had absolute duds like the most greediest guy I’ve ever seen in caudrado. Also rabiot, Ramsey bentancour. Don’t even get me started on schezney how on earth that guy is number 1 at juve staggers belief.

Incedentily after splashing £66m on a new striker they still finished fourth again with 20 goals less than the previous season when Ronaldo was banging them in.

There’s a reason he’s on his 3rd moniker in the space of a year in fairness. And the best part is him choosing “Pirlo” as his new username :))

Their points tally got progressively worse each season he was there, runners up in the Champions league twice pre-Ronaldo and post Ronaldo the furthest they made it was the QF, the other 2 seasons they never made it past the R16 with him as the main man.

Higuain and Dybala had a combined 110 league goals the 2 seasons before Ronaldo, after Ronaldo Higuain gets papped out for Ronaldo and Dybala scored just over 30 league goals over the next 3 seasons as Ronaldo has the team built around him for his goal tally but with Juve suffering as a result.

And now we have the same story at Man United except worse. Good first half of the season, went missing for 3 months and then hit form when top 4 was unreachable while the rest of their attacking players had an awful season after a good one and 2nd place finish pre-Ronaldo.

Don't think he will ever play a major part in a team winning the champions league at this point in his career.

That chance gone & went at Juventus where it was shown that a team will struggle in modern day football at the highest level when it's purely set up to feed one main striker who doesn't offer much outside of goals

It's entirely Ronaldos fault Rashford was gash for sure aye, noting to do with him looking utterly broken after his penalty miss and there was clearly not one other reason other than Ronaldo for Greenwood not having a good season..... not one thing I can think of apart from... oh wait.

Man United were utterly p*sh when they were 2nd, got beat 6-1 at home, lost to a shockingly bad Sheffield United side, dropped points in 17 games doing this while Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool completely shat the bed as clubs in the league, relative to that season they were quite sh*t rather than a team looking to be on an upwards trajectory, it was that, that change last season that altered the season they had. It was a season built on sand

Last edited:
Don't think he will ever play a major part in a team winning the champions league at this point in his career.

That chance gone & went at Juventus where it was shown that a team will struggle in modern day football at the highest level when it's purely set up to feed one main striker who doesn't offer much outside of goals
So what’s happened since he’s left and why’ve they regressed so badly

Yeah it’s nothing at all to do with common sense and logic. Buffon reckons Juve were worse off as a side when he joined too, but he obviously hasn’t heard the gospel according to you guys, and specifically your two mates, because Gigi probably hasn’t ever “kicked a ball” at the level these boys have when they used to play cuppy doubles down the school pitches :))

The situation at United has literally played out as many predicted, .i.e. he’s finished with a reasonable goal tally but the side have regressed as a whole. Anyway you’ve stated it’s the worst United side since the 80’s despite another one finishing 7th a few years so I’m not sure you can win this one, even more so when the current side (minus Ronaldo) managed a second place finish and a European final.

Last edited:
Their points tally got progressively worse each season he was there, runners up in the Champions league twice pre-Ronaldo and post Ronaldo the furthest they made it was the QF, the other 2 seasons they never made it past the R16 with him as the main man.

Higuain and Dybala had a combined 110 league goals the 2 seasons before Ronaldo, after Ronaldo Higuain gets papped out for Ronaldo and Dybala scored just over 30 league goals over the next 3 seasons as Ronaldo has the team built around him for his goal tally but with Juve suffering as a result.

And now we have the same story at Man United except worse. Good first half of the season, went missing for 3 months and then hit form when top 4 was unreachable while the rest of their attacking players had an awful season after a good one and 2nd place finish pre-Ronaldo.
Yeah but why not just ignore all of that, and instead quote Ronaldo’s goal numbers and talk about how he carried them?

At least that’s what fanboy logic seems to dictate you should do. I’m sure it’s just a massive coincidence that guys like Dybala and Fernandes have seen their form drop off a cliff edge when they’ve been forced to acclimatise to the Ronaldo show, massive coincidence. Im sure stomping about like a wean and berating his team mates, throwing tantrums when he’s subbed etc does wonders for the team too.

So what’s happened since he’s left and why’ve they regressed so badly

I've not really got a dog in the Ronaldo fight.

The fact was he was signed to win the Champions League for Juventus & he didn't.

I would argue Juves performance pre Ronaldo joining is just as relevant if not more than their performance this season.

They've regressed since Ronaldo left? How so?

In terms of points difference to the champions and goals scored they’ve regressed since Ronaldo left them. Applying the same logic that others are applying to Ronaldo joining United “taking them backwards” then surely Juve regressed because he left them?

Not that I believe that of course because it’s a stupid logic.

In terms of points difference to the champions and goals scored they’ve regressed since Ronaldo left them. Applying the same logic that others are applying to Ronaldo joining United “taking them backwards” then surely Juve regressed because he left them?

Not that I believe that of course because it’s a stupid logic.
They regressed since he joined with their points tally progressively worsening over the 3 seasons he was there compared to the previous 4 he wasn't. Last season was a total rebuild from the previous season (Ronaldo's last).

He didn't improve them in any competition as the main man and other players (Higuan and Dybala) were either papped out or moved position to accommodate him.

They regressed since he joined with their points tally progressively worsening over the 3 seasons he was there compared to the previous 4 he wasn't. Last season was a total rebuild from the previous season (Ronaldo's last).

He didn't improve them in any competition as the main man and other players (Higuan and Dybala) were either papped out or moved position to accommodate him.

Ah, so it was the rebuild that explains why they finished worse off in the league last season without him.

Got it.

Why are these threads always so weird? It's as if people take it personally how other folk on here rate a player who has absolutely f**k all to do with us.

I love it B-)

Ah, so it was the rebuild that explains why they finished worse off in the league last season without him.

Got it.
They finished 4th last season with games to spare as opposed to getting lucky with Ronaldo on the last day the previous season.

They didn't win any of their last 3 games but were so comfortably in 4th place that it didn't matter. They could have made up the points but it wouldn't have made any difference, they were 4th regardless.

I hope that's no too difficult for you to understand?

They finished 4th last season with games to spare as opposed to getting lucky with Ronaldo on the last day the previous season.

They didn't win any of their last 3 games but were so comfortably in 4th place that it didn't matter. They could have made up the points but it wouldn't have made any difference, they were 4th regardless.

I hope that's no too difficult for you to understand?

Yeah easy for me to understand but you've clearly misunderstood the fact they got less overall points, scored less and finished further away from the league winners last season without Ronaldo.

The fact they finished comfortably in the top 4 says more about other teams around them.

Hopefully you get it this time.

Back