Ronaldo breaks Juventus record

Winning all a league has to offer then moving on to a new challenge is not mercenary, that's ambition, drive, dedication to be the best everywhere he goes. Where has Messi been again, oh aye Barca, wee wank that he is.
What a silly comment.

‘Silly comment’ like calling a guy you’ve never met a ‘wee wank’ :D

Why would Messi leave Barca? Arguably the biggest club in the world (alongside Real) and he loves the club. Has an attachment to it. You have to respect that he wants to be a legend at the one club. Messi doesn’t have to move to prove he’s the best in the world.

Suppose you think people like Ally McCoist, Brian Laudrup etc lacked ambition for not leaving Rangers when teams from bigger leagues came in for them!

No idea why the Ronaldo/Messi debate always descend into a farce over who is the best. Never seen Cryuff live personally. I was a kid when Maradona was at his peak so to have grown up watching two of the top five footballers of all time has been a privilege and we should embrace their final few years because our sons might be our age by the time players like them come along again.

No idea why the Ronaldo/Messi debate always descend into a farce over who is the best. Never seen Cryuff live personally. I was a kid when Maradona was at his peak so to have grown up watching two of the top five footballers of all time has been a privilege and we should embrace their final few years because our sons might be our age by the time players like them come along again.
Maradonna is an example of how miss leading stats can be. Didn’t exactly score thousands over his career. Yet carried his team to a WC and Napoli to a title.

Maradonna is an example of how miss leading stats can be. Didn’t exactly score thousands over his career. Yet carried his team to a WC and Napoli to a title.

My old boy was on the ground staff at Hampden when he was with Argentina as a 18 year old. Said he was absolutely ridiculous with what he could do with a football when they were training on lesser Hampden.

My old boy was on the ground staff at Hampden when he was with Argentina as a 18 year old. Said he was absolutely ridiculous with what he could do with a football when they were training on lesser Hampden.
Wish I seen him.

Last edited:
Bet that’s exactly what you were saying about the likes of McCoist, Goram, Cooper and Ferguson for spending all their prime years at Rangers.
Not exactly the same tbh, none of these guys were ever the best in the world, albeit Coisty with the golden boot. Different generations, and the thirst for big money. Did any of ours ever say they were gonna leave just to get a bigger contract and stayed? As I've already said I ain't no fanboy for either but to tear up different leagues n be the best surely trumps being a one team wonder with a team of world beaters round you? Opinions are like arseholes remember.

Not exactly the same tbh, none of these guys were ever the best in the world, albeit Coisty with the golden boot. Different generations, and the thirst for big money. Did any of ours ever say they were gonna leave just to get a bigger contract and stayed? As I've already said I ain't no fanboy for either but to tear up different leagues n be the best surely trumps being a one team wonder with a team of world beaters round you? Opinions are like arseholes remember.
Coisty won the boot before the index, the bloke before him from the Siberian 5th division won.

What does being the best in the world have to do with it though? Surely the point is 3 of them were winning a lot at Rangers and could have maybe went and tested themselves elsewhere to see if they could do better?

What about Gerrard? Bit of a coward for never leaving Liverpool until the last year of his career to go to the retirement league?

Last edited:
Despite the Italian league being known for their defensive prowess, 25 doesn’t seem that big, that said he has produced the goods at each club, excelling beyond anyone’s expectations, well my expectations anyway. He is relentless.

The defences of the average Italian teams are far far better than the average Spanish sides.
You clearly don’t watch modern day Italian football mate...
It’s one of the craziest leagues around for high scoring matches

No defence in Serie A is anywhere close to Real’s defence never mind Atletico’s

Some stat that

Can’t remember the last time a genuine great footballer’s all round game dropped off so dramatically though
It’s pretty obvious why he left Madrid and why they were happy to cash in on him

The difference between Messi and Ronaldo is if you take away their goals’

Ronaldo isn’t close to being a great without his goals
Messi is the still the greatest player who ever stepped foot on a pitch without his

What does being the best in the world have to do with it though? Surely the point is 3 of them were winning a lot at Rangers and could have maybe went and tested themselves elsewhere to see if they could do better?

What about Gerrard? Bit of a coward for never leaving Liverpool until the last year of his career to go to the retirement league?

Xavi, Maldini, Giggs, Scholes, Pirlo. Just some of the players who didn't have the bottle to prove themselves in other top leagues.

Players who have the bravery to go play in other top leagues are automatically superior.

Big Zlatan Ibrahimovic is clearly on another level compared to Messi. He even produced the goods in the EPL. And he was practically a pensioner when he did it! Unbelievable.

Agreed. The idea that he has to prove himself against teams like Everton and bologna to show how good he is makes no sense, considering he's regularly scoring against teams like Liverpool and Juventus in the Champions League.

Numbers wise there's very little between the two players, but I do struggle to see how anyone who loves football can enjoy Ronaldo more than Messi as a player. One is a machine and one is an artist - end results are broadly similar but I know what I'd rather watch
Spot on mate (no pun)

Who cares whos better between him and Messi. Its always going to come down to personal opinion and no matter what stats people throw up If your a messi fan you'll say Messi and Ronaldo you'll say Ronaldo.

However we are so luck my to live when both are active.

Pretty much any other era id they were playing without the other they would have about 10 world player of the years each.

Enjoy both of them!

Winning all a league has to offer then moving on to a new challenge is not mercenary, that's ambition, drive, dedication to be the best everywhere he goes. Where has Messi been again, oh aye Barca, wee wank that he is.
What a silly comment.

Ronaldo left Madrid because he wants a league title. He won 2 at Madrid. In 9 years.
So he moved to a team with no competition.
La Liga top scorer 3 times.

Messi just embarrassed him domestically.

Bizzare how folk can’t just appreciate both players without the need to belittle one or the other.

It’s actually pathetic, pretty sad even.

Some of the comments on this thread on both sides are ridiculous. Who knew Ronaldo ‘wasn’t really rated in Spain’ for example lol

I don’t think anyone forgets, but I think it’s beyond sad if you’ve let that bother you for 13 years mate.
messi-celtic-tweet.jpg

Greetin faced, timmy loving, steroid taking, left footer who can %^*& right off.

Incredible that EPL fan boys think that he's not proved himself (Messi) as he's not signed for a club smaller than the one he's at.

Ronaldo, brilliant, fantastic player a privilege to have seen him, arguably in the top 10 of all time, maybe even rightfully the no 2 of all time, however anyone who has any knowledge of the game knows that Messi is streets ahead of anyone who has ever played. Its not even debatable.. A privilege to have been in the era of being able to watch both off them.

Maradona is seen as the better player of the two in their homeland.

Imagine being raging at a throw away remark made by a 19 year old player, 13 years on - and we say they’re easily offended! If only Messi’s offence was something milder like being a rapey creep :D

Here’s another couple of photos for you by the way.

Maradonna_Hoops1.jpg

may-2001-david-beckham-of-man-utd-salutes-the-fans-after-the-celtic-v-picture-id1111437
I gave up caring about ‘celebrity’ celtc fans a long time ago.

Everyone in Scotland knows that they go out their way to be loved and throw the green and grey jersey at anyone for a second of publicity.

messi-celtic-tweet.jpg

Greetin faced, timmy loving, steroid taking, left footer who can %^*& right off.
Haha bloody hell. Stop getting so angry. You really think Messi and co give a shit about Celtic. He’s scored enough goals against them over the years.

Suppose you hate Ronaldo now as well?

Short memories of the poison dwarf.

You clearly weren’t on here in 07/08, you had fans raging (nothing new there...) at Walters European tactics all the time.

Xavi (who is in that pic with Messi) said the below about Celtic. Suppose he’s a big Rangers man now? :D These players call it as they see it, get pulled into photo ops and have no real opinion on Rangers/Celtic generally.

Last edited:
He might come across as a bit of a self centred knobend but can't deny that Boy's one helluva gifted player.

Back