Ronaldo reaches 100 International goals

The commentary team are saying it’s 98 including this hat trick?

They play Luxembourg at the weekend. It’ll be 100 then even if it’s not tonight. :D

After watching him drag his country to victory in a rainy freezing Belfast he is defo my GOAT.

Getting to batter Serie C level sides in international qualifying is something he needs just now after stinking the place out for Juve this season.

It is a great achievement and no doubt he'll break Ali Daei's record.

Bit of context required though.

Look at some of the dross he's been stat padding against.

7 - Lithuania
5 - Armenia
5 - Latvia
5 - Andorra
4 - Estonia
4 - Hungary
4 - Faroe Islands
4 - Luxembourg
2 - Saudi
2- Azerbaijan
2 - Kazakhstan
1 - North Korea

45 against absolute dross.

The European competitions should be split up IMO. If a team gets lucky and draws the likes of Andorra, Gibraltar etc in their group then it's basically a free hit to boost the goal difference.

7 - Lithuania
5 - Armenia
5 - Latvia
5 - Andorra
4 - Estonia
4 - Hungary
4 - Faroe Islands
4 - Luxembourg
2 - Saudi
2- Azerbaijan
2 - Kazakhstan
1 - North Korea

The European competitions should be split up IMO. If a team gets lucky and draws the likes of Andorra, Gibraltar etc in their group then it's basically a free hit to boost the goal difference.

Every other international striker in europe should have a similar record then?

7 - Lithuania
5 - Armenia
5 - Latvia
5 - Andorra
4 - Estonia
4 - Hungary
4 - Faroe Islands
4 - Luxembourg
2 - Saudi
2- Azerbaijan
2 - Kazakhstan
1 - North Korea

Would be interesting to asses Ali Daei's record of who he scored against.

Every other international striker in europe should have a similar record then?
Most top strikers in europe do batter in goals against the dross on that list. Kane has 40 odd goals already and rooney broke charltons record by racking up against these teams. Not dissing ronaldos record as you still have to put the ball in the net but even john mcginn got a hattrick recently against the mighty san marino.

Most top strikers in europe do batter in goals against the dross on that list. Kane has 40 odd goals already and rooney broke charltons record by racking up against these teams. Not dissing ronaldos record as you still have to put the ball in the net but even john mcginn got a hattrick recently against the mighty san marino.
Kane was on 31 last night.
Has he scored 10 since full time?

And ronaldo has the best record doing it, not sure why people feel the need to play it down. All goalscorers score a lot of goals against weaker teams.

Laughing at all the comments on here trying to play down Ronaldo’s achievements.

its genuinely staggering

FF is utterly mental when talking about Ronaldo (or Messi) Its truly bizarre

we are witnessing greatness, and you have folk (on every thread) wanting to play it down / ridicule it

I already have mate.

Guam, Libya, Chinese Taipei, Sri Lanka and the Maldives amongst others.

If scoring against 'diddy teams' is so easy why aren't Messi, Benzema et al also in the high 90s?

Cristiano Ronaldo is the ultimate modern-day goalscorer and people need to grow up.

My mistake !!. Even so scoring 30 odd so early into his international career says more about the level of opposition imo
It really doesn't.

Kane is a brilliant goalscorer, easily one of the best in the world. Every top striker in Europe plays these sides, how many have a record comparable to Kane?

Utter pish teams. But some boy in the Kane thread is trying to tell us he Daei scored against tougher opposition than Kane.

Goals by opposition

Anyone who posts those figures in international football has made a phenomenal achievement. Yes, various records require context but they are still phenomenal achievements.

I already have mate.

Guam, Libya, Chinese Taipei, Sri Lanka and the Maldives amongst others.

If scoring against 'diddy teams' is so easy why aren't Messi, Benzema et al also in the high 90s?

Cristiano Ronaldo is the ultimate modern-day goalscorer and people need to grow up.

Well for starters Messi is South American so participates in the far more difficult CONMEBOL qualifiers. He doesn’t get the luxury of padding out his goal stats against amateur level sides like Luxembourg, The Faroes, Lithuania, Andorra and Azerbaijan.

Surely Kane’s ratio more or less proves the other guys point? At first glance his record suggests he’s a truly special player, but the reality is he’s a Spurs player who regularly plays against woeful sides with whom his team is infinitely stronger. Stats like that aren’t an anomaly now. The lame way in which qualifiers are set up enables it.

On a side note, there’s obviously an element of humour in some of what I post on the subject (that benny Hill video) but it always amazes me how angry and wound up people get if anyone dissects his game, especially given what a bell end and rapey creep he is.

Well for starters Messi is South American so participates in the far more difficult CONMEBOL qualifiers. He doesn’t get the luxury of padding out his goal stats against amateur level sides like Luxembourg, The Faroes, Lithuania, Andorra and Azerbaijan.

Surely Kane’s ratio more or less proves the other guys point? At first glance his record suggests he’s a truly special player, but the reality is he’s a Spurs player who regularly plays against woeful sides with whom his team is infinitely stronger. Stats like that aren’t an anomaly now. The lame way in which qualifiers are set up enables it.

On a side note, there’s obviously an element of humour in some of what I post on the subject (that benny Hill video) but it always amazes me how angry and wound up people get if anyone dissects his game, especially given what a bell end and rapey creep he is.

I take your first point and agree mate.

However why has no other european striker gotten close to 100 goals in the last 50 years other than Puskas and Ronaldo?

Also Neymar is only 7 behind Messi in less games, playing in the same pool, however regardless of natural ability he is half the player Messi is.

I am not in any shape or form a Ronaldo fanboy, I think he is a primadonna and potentially corrosive element in a dressing room.

He is a goal-machine in any case.

I take your first point and agree mate.

However why has no other european striker gotten close to 100 goals in the last 50 years other than Puskas and Ronaldo?

Also Neymar is only 7 behind Messi in less games, playing in the same pool, however regardless of natural ability he is half the player Messi is.

I am not in any shape or form a Ronaldo fanboy, I think he is a primadonna and potentially corrosive element in a dressing room.

He is a goal-machine in any case.

Because he’s one of the best goalscorers the game has seen! I’m making a point about why his stats are inflated but it doesn’t change the fact he’s one of the top players.

Neymar’s tally is a good example of why I don’t think you can just look at the statistics without breaking them down. He’s scored a hell of a lot of goals in friendlies, and friendlies against utter dross too. On that note, moving to PSG was a horrendous idea that has stalled his career. He should have been a ballon d’or winner by now with his ability.

Because he’s one of the best goalscorers the game has seen! I’m making about why his stats are inflated but it doesn’t change the fact he’s one of the top players.

Neymar’s tally is a good example of why I don’t think you can just look at the statistics without breaking them down. He’s scored a hell of a lot of goals in friendlies, and friendless against utter cross too. On that note, moving to PSG was a horrendous idea that has stalled his career. He should have been a ballon d’or winner by now with his ability.

Yeah I really thought Neymar would've assumed the mantle by now.

When you look at Bobby Charlton's goals against, it reads like a who's who of nations at that time. So I suppose it's all relative.

You can bet your bottom dollar if Messi was Spanish he and Ronaldo would be neck and neck racing to 100. No doubt.

Messi sat in a comfort zone at Barca while Ronaldos gone out and proved it at every club he's been at and on the International stage.
Both great players but Ronaldo edges it.

Messi sat in a comfort zone at Barca while Ronaldos gone out and proved it at every club he's been at and on the International stage.
Both great players but Ronaldo edges it.

Trolling?

Messi sat in a comfort zone. Ah yes, moving to the other side of the world as a 13 year old and breaking into a side containing the likes of Ronaldinho, Xavi, Iniesta etc. Comfort.

Being the best player in the world at the best team in the world, year in-year out. Comfort.

Genuine question - after Barcelona, where should he have gone to 'prove himself'? After Barcelona (or Real Madrid) everything is downhill.

What did Ronaldo prove by going to Juve? He's actually made them worse. Before he arrived they were winning trebles and reaching Champions League Finals. Now what?

Ronaldo proved it at international level. Yes, standing on the sidelines in the EURO 2016 final while your teammate bangs in a 30 yarder is really 'proving' it. I won't even mention the UEFA Nations League made up trophy.

Trolling?

Messi sat in a comfort zone. Ah yes, moving to the other side of the world as a 13 year old and breaking into a side containing the likes of Ronaldinho, Xavi, Iniesta etc. Comfort.

Being the best player in the world at the best team in the world, year in-year out. Comfort.

Genuine question - after Barcelona, where should he have gone to 'prove himself'? After Barcelona (or Real Madrid) everything is downhill.

What did Ronaldo prove by going to Juve? He's actually made them worse. Before he arrived they were winning trebles and reaching Champions League Finals. Now what?

Ronaldo proved it at international level. Yes, standing on the sidelines in the EURO 2016 final while your teammate bangs in a 30 yarder is really 'proving' it. I won't even mention the UEFA Nations League made up trophy.
Not trolling at all why would it be trolling? he's sat on his arse at a team built around him, Ronaldo has gone to various clubs proving he has what it takes.
Both exceptional players but one has gone on to prove that at various clubs and on the International stage.
I don't see what can be argued here.

Back