Roofe Appeal kicked out

Yeah, I mean, why even bother showing up.
We've nae chance, man...
It will be an extremely difficult challenge without Kamara and Roofe and Balogun , if we have any other injuries or suspensions it will only exacerbate it . For me in Europe Kamara in particular is a huge player to lose .

Can't help but think the ban is in large part down to their chav-like manager's bleating about assault, that and UEFA's determination to placate the racists by handing out comparable punishments to the clubs. Disgraceful but sadly predictable.

I can accept a ban but 4 games is OTT for a robust challenge which was actually the keepers fault for hesitating in coming out.

I thought we were waiting on the paperwork from UEFA wrt Kamara's 3 match ban before we decided whether we would appeal it or not ? Did we get the paperwork and decide not to appeal ?

I don't know mate, any info on what happened with GK in the tunnel is a bit vague.
Unless there's some evidence, or we've accepted wrongdoing, I hope we challenge this all the way. UEFA's delayed and half-hearted handling of the whole affair has been a joke, and now we end up missing 2 of our best players for the qualifiers, one for an accidental collision, and the second for a (possible) reaction to a disgusting and blatant racist attack.

No surprise, he nearly kicked his head off. Intentional or not it was a shocker of a challenge.
No, he didn't and your phrase is totally inaccurate.
Roofe kept his eye on the ball and timed his intervention perfectly to connect with the football.
It was the goalkeeper who mistimed everything, missed the ball by not having his own eye on it, because if he had, he would have seen Roofe's foot, and not slammed his face into the flat of Roofe's boot.

Had Roofe missed the ball and connected with the goalie's face you might have a point, but he didn't and you don't.

No, he didn't and your phrase is totally inaccurate.
Roofe kept his eye on the ball and timed his intervention perfectly to connect with the football.
It was the goalkeeper who mistimed everything, missed the ball by not having his own eye on it, because if he had, he would have seen Roofe's foot, and not slammed his face into the flat of Roofe's boot.

Had Roofe missed the ball and connected with the goalie's face you might have a point, but he didn't and you don't.

Good grief.

IMO if the injury happened to one of our players I’d want the player that done it a lengthy ban weather it was an accident or not. Don’t have any complaints really with the 4 games.
I would have no problems if Bayern's Thomas Muller had also received a 4 match ban in 2019 for his challange on the Ajax player, but he only received a 2 match suspension.

All I ask for is equitable treatment, whether your player plays for a "Super club" in one of the 5 big leagues, or alternatively just plays for a big club in one of the "diddy" leagues.

Not a chance that gets upheld for any player in a top 5 league. Nobody is arguing its not a red but 4 games is ridiculous

IMO if the injury happened to one of our players I’d want the player that done it a lengthy ban weather it was an accident or not. Don’t have any complaints really with the 4 games.
I don't follow the logic in this.
I don't want any footballer to receive a nasty injury, but notwithstanding that, the game involves physical contact with the potential for accidents.
Unintentional accidental coming together with more than faint consequences is just an unfortunate but thankfully rare occurrence.

When I played I harboured not a single grudge against an opponent colliding with me in good faith.
Watching football I have enough experience to discern those who act in such and those who don't.
My experience told me that Roofe was guilty of nothing more than a genuine attempt to play the ball.
Anyone suggesting other is either a bit thick or at it.

I would have no problems if Bayern's Thomas Muller had also received a 4 match ban in 2019 for his challange on the Ajax player, but he only received a 2 match suspension.

All I ask for is equitable treatment, whether your player plays for a "Super club" in one of the 5 big leagues, or alternatively just plays for a big club in one of the "diddy" leagues.
That old consistency chestnut again. Infuriating! Ruling bodies are a law unto themselves

There appears to be no rhyme or reason, or even just simple consistency governing these decisions at home or abroad.

So why four games for Roofe but just two for Muller?

What is the specific criteria employed in this decision-making that makes one doubly worse than the other?

It’d be really insightful to be able to understand that.

What I don't get is the fact they claimed Roofe had fractured his skull, but he only missed 2 or 3 games?

Look at Cech or Jiminez for the real length of time a fractured skull keeps you out for.

I honestly can't believe people complaining about this.

If that was their player doing that to McGregor people would be screaming for 6 month bans.

It wasn't deliberate, absolutely. However it was reckless and endangered an opponent. Just because it happened to a Slavia scumbag doesn't make that less true.

I still don't understand why he flew in kung fu like in the first place. The ball was 10ft in the air. Go with your head!

Obviously deserves a ban because of how dangerous the challenge was and the damage it did. But 4 games does seem excessive and even more so when you look at the ban the racist got.

Being a bit late but checked the UEFA site:

DECISIONS
AB: Rangers FC v SK Slavia Praha
Last updated 05/10/2021 18:30
The UEFA Appeals Body has announced the following decision:
Decision:
The appeal lodged by Rangers FC has been dismissed. Consequently, the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body’s (CEDB) decision of 13 April 2021 is confirmed.
The CEDB had decided to suspend Rangers FC player, Mr. Kemar Roofe, for four (4) UEFA club competition matches for which he would be otherwise eligible, for dangerously assaulting another player.

Honestly, thats rubbish. For "assaulting" implies that Roofe meant his foot in the face of their keeper. And that is siply not ture. He wasn`t aware that the keeper came out and tried to take the ball down with his foot, Had the keeper not been there and he`d achieved that, all would hail his ability. As it happened, the keeper came out, saw that Roofe came towards him and his indecision and poor attempt at clearing the ball was IMHO 75 % of what happened then.

Obviously, in the heat of the game, it was a red card, but that should be the end of it. That Roofe got even more than Müller is just the icing on that particular cake.

Back