Roofe booking

Tpol_rfc

Official Ticketer
Does anyone have any idea what it was for? I'm sure must be mentioned in some thread but haven't seen. Initially I thought maybe he took his shirt off or something. However no matter how many replays I've seen I can't see anything remotely worth a yellow card. Was it simply another Halliday type head scratcher?

Does anyone have any idea what it was for? I'm sure must be mentioned in some thread but haven't seen. Initially I thought maybe he took his shirt off or something. However no matter how many replays I've seen I can't see anything remotely worth a yellow card. Was it simply another Halliday type head scratcher?

Made the A sign for his daughter but it was mistaken for Anderlecht. Hopefully gets rescinded if that’s possible

I would go as far as to say that he was wasting time from the refs point of view , he scores from the half way line then runs upfield to celebrate with nobody, that’s the only logical reason I can put on it
I reckon your correct mate. He ran half the length of the pitch. Shite booking to get but I've seen it happen before and he would have had his back to the ref as he made the letters with his fingers.

I would go as far as to say that he was wasting time from the refs point of view , he scores from the half way line then runs upfield to celebrate with nobody, that’s the only logical reason I can put on it
Not sure time wasting was an issue given it was under min left and they were 2 down but who knows mate I guess theoretically it could well explain it

He ran across the pitch to celebrate in front of their fans, and also made a gesture, which they would have reacted to.

Even if it's a harmless misinterpreted gesture and he was running over to Rangers fans also in that section (speculating), I can see why the ref felt the need to book him.

The fact Gerrard's quote on his booking was, "Kemar gets a yellow card for the incident, that's for me to speak to Kemar and deal with that situation" would indicate he dosent have a problem with it.

The A / L sign is his celebration for his kids which we will see a lot more off, I think the booking was the fact he ran to the stand to do it in front of their fans who were giving him abuse, hopefully he scores against them at Ibrox and does it down the camera

Made the A sign for his daughter but it was mistaken for Anderlecht. Hopefully gets rescinded if that’s possible
Like the time Morelos had his red card rescinded when he did the same celebration to the Motherwell fans that he does to our fans. It won’t happen.

Really can't get that round my head a ref thinking he has done that to represent Anderlecht. Just seems utterly implausible.

It had me convinced until a few posters revealed the background of the celebration and him doing it since Oxford. So I’m sure others would have found it plausible.

The Referee Protection Society will justify its on the grounds that he ran all the way from the half way to celebrate directly in front of their fans. I doubt the ref even saw his usual homage to his kids.

However, the OTT reaction of their bench and players was really childlike.

After the way they had hand balled the ball to try and cheat a goal, dived repeatedly, kicked and also tugged jerseys all night, they really have to be a bit more manly and just accept Roofe’s GIRUY.

Behaved like a bunch of huffy children. It was hilarious :D

Well, 1 - he wasn't running to gloat over their fans, he was clearly running to the TV camera to do the sign for his kids.
But 2 - how can it be timewasting? Their keeper went down with cramp, so the game would have been held up for that anyway lol

Did Alan Macgregor get booked after their player slapped the ball onto the bar ? If so again it looked for nothing

If you're a Liege fan, you don't know that Roofe always does that celebration.

See if a player who always celebrated by making a C sign did it against us, we'd probably think it was a reference to Celtic.

Ref last night made 7 bookings and if I remember right only three of them were for actual fouls.

Others were for contesting decisions or in Roofe's case, celebrating.

The A for Anderlecht theory is batshit crazy.

So if somebody scores against us and does a wee C symbol with his fingers, he'll get booked? :oops: :))

Back