Roofe has just put us on the TV all over the World.

I think H&H described it as a 'generational' goal and it's pretty hard to argue. Take a bow, man. That goal blew me away. The conditions, the desire, the vision. What a way to close out a game.

Only downside was the commentary on BT Sports, ffs get a proper commentary next time. That goal was worthy of a top dollar commentator not that bellend.

Tonight we witnessed something special.

First time I think I have just sat applauding a goal as opposed to the normal going nuts celebration.

Still can't quite believe the mad bastard took it on, genuinely thought he was launching it in to the corner to run out the clock.

I've got to say, that is the first time in my life that I've tried to describe to my wife how absolutely brilliant a goal is, and failed miserably because, first, she is absolutely clueless and secondly, I was going nuts at the time. The final shot is brilliant enough, but the sheer tenacity to get to the halfway line in the worst conditions imaginable then to have the presence of mind to look and see where the goalkeeper is and execute it perfectly, ffs, I think I've just seen the best goal ever.
I showed my wife the goal too, she went nuts haha never seen her do that for a Rangers goal cause she doesn't follow football at all, was a lovely moment personally for me!

Kemar's goal is currently at 15 thousand likes on reddit too . It's received the "great goal" tag too which will see the views rocket. What a week us bears have had! :))

Had a look through twitter.

Being highlighted by outlets in Argentina, Chile, Mexico and Spain.

Also saw a guy in Ghana retweeting it, and two birds in South Africa highlighting it.
The goal was good. Of course. But the birds from South Africa? Come on

I’ve checked the usual Spanish language broadcasts for the sensational commentary, and although the ESPN sites around South America have the goal featured, there’s no commentary, just the crowd noises alone.

Gutted!

I showed my wife the goal too, she went nuts haha never seen her do that for a Rangers goal cause she doesn't follow football at all, was a lovely moment personally for me!

Kemar's goal is currently at 15 thousand likes on reddit too . It's received the "great goal" tag too which will see the views rocket. What a week us bears have had! :))
It's not just the final shot, the whole lead up to it was brilliant. He takes it out of defence and I'm thinking, well done, relieve the pressure, then he keeps going and I'm thinking, good just hit it up the park and it's full time. Then wham, fuckin brilliant.

It's not just the final shot, the whole lead up to it was brilliant. He takes it out of defence and I'm thinking, well done, relieve the pressure, then he keeps going and I'm thinking, good just hit it up the park and it's full time. Then wham, fuckin brilliant.
When he hit it, I thought he was just getting it cleared. Lump it up the pitch and let us reorganise. It was only when the ball was around halfway to goal I thought, %^*& this might go in

He’s done that A celebration since his Leeds days at least.

He did show an L to the crowd though but a bit arsey to be upset about that.

But aye. Best goal we’ve scored
The L and A are for his kids.

Edit: glad to see you've already been roasted for this.

This is a moment that you will remember what you were doing at the time many years from now!

An out of this World goal!

One great act of defending and retention for man,
one giant lob for mankind!

Noticeable that there are quite a few replies from non Scottish fans mentioning how underwhelming the commentary is. The same could be said for a lot of our European goals over the last few years
Compare it to the commentary Celtc get as well. Aribo ran through the entire Braga team twice last season to equalise in a game we were dead and buried in 10 minutes earlier and all Mclean can manage is a flat 'Its Joe Aribo.'

But you won't read that in the Scottish media, according to the BBC he went past one player,obviously tried to describe it using as little words as they could.

What made it even more difficult was the pitch conditions, then the ball is moving sideways,he even manages to get bend on the ball and the perfect amount of power, too little and easy catch for the keeper,too much and it's over the bar.
True, if anybody is in any doubt about how fantastic that goal was, they would need to watch the previous ten minutes to see the condition of the pitch and how extremely difficult it was to control the ball. Context is everything. Best ever goal in my opinion.

Laughed at how the keeper pretended he had cramp as he sat on his soggy arse in the goal after the ball went in - like a wee bit of cramp was all that stopped him from saving that worldy!

I was amazed at Rob McLean’s lack of knowledge, didn’t realize it was going in until it was in the 6 yard box - wife said I yelled immediately “that’s going in, keepers off his line” the moment he shot. If you watch football, you just know. Which leads me to think he’s deliberately underplaying it.

Brilliant goal!unbelievable goal! Would loved to have been there,whats the best goal you've "seen live"

To fight for the ball just outside our 18 yard line, beat three players, look up and see the goalie off his line, then put such power and spin on the ball from that distance in those conditions and score ... well ..... it was never done before and will never be done again.
This is why!!

A & L are his two daughters initials. FA to do with Anderlecht , he has been doing the same celebration when at Leeds for ages

Ive watched this goal again and again.
Roofe on his run up to kick the ball takes a wee skip so he can kick it correctly.
What a bit of skill.
I genuinely nearly fell off the couch.
Brilliant son Iam going to be skipping into work shortly with a big smile on my kipper!

Minor annoyance but BT's replay has done the goal a bit of disjustice. It should have been cut a couple seconds beforehand where he initially wins the ball. Makes it an even better goal for me, winning the tackle then the 50/50. The replay starts at the 50/50.

Yeah, the shortened version will be the one that's shown forever now but I did't realise just how deep he was originally until I saw the full highlights of it again later on.

His dribbling was like Whittaker in Lisbon, the distance the ball travelled was even further than Cousin's pass to DMB in Lyon and the goalie lying arse up in the air like Lukic at Elland Road reminded me of so many great Rangers moments.

To combine all three of them in one play yourself in those conditions is miracle stuff.

Back